PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the 8th winner of 2012?

David Sedgwick
28th June 2012, 19:33
I've just been browsing some bookmaker prices for the 8th winner of 2012:

Grosjean 10/1
Raikkonen 12/1
Schumacher 20/1
Perez 25/1
Massa 40/1

So what does anyone think? I was thinking of having a few quid on Grosjean - he seems
most likely - and with Schumi creeping back into contention wondered whether to have
a tenner on the old master - any advice?

There are some others too:
Pole.html (http://www.betonf1.com/Winner_in_2012.html)

tfp
28th June 2012, 23:52
Grosjean gets my vote...

Zico
29th June 2012, 00:03
Hate to say it, but Its looking like everyone will have a lot of catching up to do to beat Vettel/Red Bull.. and that severely lowers the odds of their even being an eigth winner.

If I fancied a flutter for the hell of it, I'd probably go with Grosjean also.

Koz
29th June 2012, 02:37
Clearly, it will be Kimi at Spa.

Dave B
29th June 2012, 07:45
It won't be Grosjean: he got married this week and therefore should still be knackered come Silverstone! :p

BTW David, did you join just to promote the link to your betting site? :s

David Sedgwick
29th June 2012, 11:53
I can't decide on whether to back Grosjean or Raikkonen - thought some advice might help - looks like most think Grosjean. I had also forgotten that there might not be an 8th winner - glad I checked here first!!

jens
30th June 2012, 08:41
A Lotus driver looks good for becoming the 8th winner. But it will depend on circumstances, which of the two - Räikkönen or Grosjean - wins before. Who happens to have a good weekend at the right moment and has a bit of luck in addition.

driveace
30th June 2012, 13:12
Maybe it will be Kimi,I think he is more or less "Back in the Groove"

Mark
11th July 2012, 13:19
The best thing about 2012 is that there is no clear fastest car out there. RBR, Ferrari, McLaren are all up there with no clear advantage to anyone yet.

Tazio
11th July 2012, 15:00
A Lotus driver looks good for becoming the 8th winner. But it will depend on circumstances, which of the two - Räikkönen or Grosjean - wins before. Who happens to have a good weekend at the right moment and has a bit of luck in addition.This^

The best thing about 2012 is that there is no clear fastest car out there. RBR, Ferrari, McLaren are all up there with no clear advantage to anyone yet.
I think you have to include Lotus in that group.
I would also like to add that McLaren has had one bad race (ultimate pace wise), and it would be silly to discount them as they brought upgrades to a race they couldn't test on track, and likely got their setup wrong for the race.

00steven
11th July 2012, 15:57
Grosjean

steveaki13
15th July 2012, 18:38
It must surely be one of the Lotus cars. Either driver could do it. Grosjean looks out and out faster at the moment, but we have some Raikkonen tracks coming up, like Hockenheim & Spa.

Outside that its Massa or Schumacher are the next most likely.

Overall i see the 8th winner being Grosjean

airshifter
16th July 2012, 03:28
I was thinking similar Aki13, but I think Kimi at Spa is the answer. Being you are kicking my tail in the FGP, you are probably right that it will be Grosjean! :)

zako85
17th July 2012, 07:39
It would have certainly helped the Lotus cars if they improved their qualification performance. It's a long shot to win the race when starting from third or lower row. They should really be on the pole row more frequently for a good chance to win a race.

F1boat
17th July 2012, 09:16
Heart says Schumacher, mind - Raikkonen.

N4D13
22nd July 2012, 14:56
Lotus is looking increasingly likely not to take any win in 2012. The top 3 teams keep improving and they're putting some distance to Merc and Lotus. I don't think we are going to see a win which doesn't come from the Bulls, the Maccas or Alonso. And this is the kind of prediction which people will be able to use to dress me down three races from now.

Koz
22nd July 2012, 15:00
Lotus is looking increasingly likely not to take any win in 2012. The top 3 teams keep improving and they're putting some distance to Merc and Lotus. I don't think we are going to see a win which doesn't come from the Bulls, the Maccas or Alonso. And this is the kind of prediction which people will be able to use to dress me down three races from now.

Sadly, I think it is coming down to team strategy.

Kimi was pretty much on par with the best of them. He, perhaps like Mike, seems to have pit too early and for the wrong tyres.
The Lotus seems to have a slight edge Merc though.

odykas
22nd July 2012, 22:29
Kimi all the way :cool: