PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio TV coverage

GRW1983
28th June 2012, 10:41
Just read Robin Miller's Mid-season report card for this season & right at the end he gives ABC a Grade F. No surprise there then, but I was intrigued to read that although Mid-Ohio is on ABC, Miller said that most of the NBC crew will call the race as well as using NBC's director as well. Anybody got any more info on this, as I've always thought that if they got the NBC guys to call every race it would be so much better. By all means cover some races on ABC to guarantee network coverage, but using the NBC guys, even when the races are on ABC. would be so much better. Removing Marty Reid, Scott Goodyear, Vince Welch. Jamie Little & Rick De Bruhl and using the NBC guys would be my personal choice, and if they could secure Paul Page to replace Bob Jenkins for 2013, then IndyCar would have a very strong broadcast team that most people would prefer.

Any thoughts people???

nigelred5
28th June 2012, 11:31
Is a start. Wonder what brought this about?

FIAT1
28th June 2012, 14:15
They should bring cameras closer to the action like in old days I don't care who does it.

00steven
29th June 2012, 01:05

I think because ESPN already has two NASCAR races at seperate events and wouldn't have enough people two do both races. The cancelled event at China may have something to do with it as well.

THE BEAST
29th June 2012, 01:49
Totally agree about bringing back Paul Page to Indycar.

GRW1983
29th June 2012, 13:18
Totally agree about bringing back Paul Page to Indycar.

Glad you agree. And welcome to the forum. Hell of a name by the way!!!

heliocastroneves#3
29th June 2012, 13:57
Glad you agree. And welcome to the forum. Hell of a name by the way!!!
I'd agree as well, bring Paul Page back! And, ehm... I would earlier call it a beast of a name lol. :p

GRW1983
30th June 2012, 11:13
Had to go to another forum for a bit more info, but it seems that ABC/ESPN will be stretched pretty thin that weekend of August 4th & 5th. Nationwide at Iowa & Sprint Cup at Pocono will see Marty Reid, Vince Welch, Jamie Little & Rick de Bruhl occupied, so it seems logical to have NBC call the race. I also think that the loss of China means that NBC are a race down, so this seems a sensible solution to allow them to have a "10th" race whilst keeping 6 races on ABC. Although Robin Miller will not be part of the broadcast & I haven't heard anything regarding Scott Goodyear either.

jimispeed
1st July 2012, 11:10
Paul Page would be great......

Juan Montoya 360 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBe7KCmy8CQ)

sabilanice
26th March 2013, 07:09
If I have the biggest channel pack there is on dish tv network in Ohio do I get sports time Ohio channel?

26th March 2013, 14:07
up top h? b?n