PDA

View Full Version : Are you fans of Top Gear? - BBC Casting for new show

TopGearhead
28th June 2012, 02:24
Are you a fan of the show TOP GEAR?

BBC Worldwide Productions has a new car customizing competition series that is casting in Southern California!

We are looking for teams of two to transform their own ordinary cars into the most extreme madcap vehicles, before putting them through their paces in off the wall and outrageous challenges. You bring the personality and car, we'll do the rest.

All you need is a great personality and a great story about your car, and you'll have a chance to win ultimate bragging rights and a cash prize. To meet with casting directors in July, email the following information on both you and your teammate, reply to: [email:3f0wj5ai]bbccarchallenge@gmail.com[/email:3f0wj5ai]

- Names of team members
- Occupations
- Hometown
- Brief description of your relationship to each other
- Brief description of your relationship to the car
- Photo of each team member
- Photo of the car

Tazio
28th June 2012, 02:55
Later goons!

janvanvurpa
28th June 2012, 03:28
Later goons!

DOOooooooooooOOOD! This is your big chance! You'll be on TeeeeVeee! ferchristssakes!
This is your chance for the BEEEEG Thyme!
Come on represent San Diego, show the world what kinda many man place it is!

Oh wait. Is this "How Good is your geographic? :confused:

Tazio
28th June 2012, 04:53
DOOooooooooooOOOD! This is your big chance! You'll be on TeeeeVeee! ferchristssakes!
This is your chance for the BEEEEG Thyme!
Come on represent San Diego, show the world what kinda many man place it is!

Oh wait. Is this "How Good is your geographic? :confused:
I'll pass, reality based TV is beyond stupid. They won’t have any problem filling that slot, with someone other than a middle age, ex-jock, Renaissance Man. Their are plenty of younsters in L.A. with "The Look"

Dave B
28th June 2012, 07:28
Doesn't it strike anybody as strange that an organisation as well resourced as BBC Worldwide would operate on a Gmail address? :s

Mark
28th June 2012, 08:24
BBC, casting in Southern California? Good to see our licence fee is going to good use!

Tazio
28th June 2012, 10:22
- Brief description of your relationship to the car :rotflmao:

nigelred5
28th June 2012, 11:36
Fan of Top Gear. The British Version- Yes, I watch it weekly, though some of their incessant bashing of america gets a bit old.
The US version Top Gear? Not a big fan. I've tried and sometimes it's OK. In general, it just doesn't work for me.

Dave B
28th June 2012, 13:33
BBC, casting in Southern California? Good to see our licence fee is going to good use!
BBC Worldwide (assuming the post is accurate): a profit-making company which licences the TG brand from the Beeb. :)

Rollo
28th June 2012, 14:09
Are you a fan of the show TOP GEAR?

BBC Worldwide Productions ...

Just curious. Who is your Chief Marketing Officer? My Shenanigans radar has been alerted. I'm not quite ready to call shenanigans on you but I'm perilously close.

Gregor-y
28th June 2012, 15:35
Does anyone at the BBC know this has been done to death for the last fifteen years in the states? There are at least a dozen shows with this topic. I know stuff seeps across the ocean slowly from the US, but for the love of all that's holy let the wild customizing trend die back down to its core of pimps, rap video producers and professional athletes and leave the rest of us alone.

Jag_Warrior
29th June 2012, 22:29
Doesn't it strike anybody as strange that an organisation as well resourced as BBC Worldwide would operate on a Gmail address? :s

Could be that this is the production company, not so much the BBC itself. Most of these reality TV shows are just outsourced productions from what I've seen. I know that's how Pinks on Speed TV works (they were in my area a couple of years ago). But I really don't know about this. If it was closer to me, I'd probably go to a casting call if I could meet the Top Gear team from England. I think that would be a fun experience. But I wouldn't care to be part of a reality TV show. I'm pretty boring, so they wouldn't want me anyway.

BleAivano
30th June 2012, 10:15
Could be that this is the production company, not so much the BBC itself. Most of these reality TV shows are just outsourced productions from what I've seen. I know that's how Pinks on Speed TV works (they were in my area a couple of years ago). But I really don't know about this. If it was closer to me, I'd probably go to a casting call if I could meet the Top Gear team from England. I think that would be a fun experience. But I wouldn't care to be part of a reality TV show. I'm pretty boring, so they wouldn't want me anyway.

Perhaps but then they would have uded the email adress that is connected to the production company.
probably something like [email:xunjs0ib]info@productioncompany.com[/email:xunjs0ib] or [email:xunjs0ib]applications@productioncompany.com[/email:xunjs0ib] or anything else that
is related to the production company's domain name.