PDA

View Full Version : Skype forum chat?

52Paddy
24th June 2012, 23:21
I'm assuming this has been proposed before - I'd be surprised if it hasn't. In any case:

Would any forum members be interested in connecting over Skype to have a video chat about a given race weekend? We'd have to plan in advance obviously and send each other our IDs etc but I think it could work and add a different element to our usual forum discussions. After today's race, I found it very difficult to type out my thoughts. It would have been easier to talk them out and this can happen at times throughout the year. That's what gave me the idea. What do we think?

52Paddy
24th June 2012, 23:22
NB: I have just remembered that video calls are only compatible for one-on-one discussion and, when it expands above two people, only the audio is accepted. This may still be worth a shot though.

donKey jote
25th June 2012, 16:14
skype? we do facetime on this forum :s ailor: :andrea: :p

odykas
25th June 2012, 16:37
Skype == Micro$oft :p imp:

Mark
26th June 2012, 09:07
Skype == Micro$oft :p imp:

Everyone's a critic!

And yes it's voice only (+ text of course) if you are above 2 participants, unless you pay for the premium features.

I use Skype all the time at work to talk to colleges as some of them are in London, some of them are at least 10 metres away... But it does allow e.g. sending an IP address quickly when you don't want to write it down (on paper wtf?!) and email is too heavyweight.

52Paddy
26th June 2012, 22:24
skype? we do facetime on this forum :s ailor: :andrea: :p

Ooh la la... :dozey: