PDA

View Full Version : UBS - Useful Sponsors website

Knock-on
19th June 2012, 12:50
UBS - Home - Global Partner of Formula 1™ (http://www.ubs.com/microsites/formula-1/en/home.html)

UBS are a highly valued Global Sponsor of F1 and have a nice little Microsite for F1 fans on their Website.

Of particular note is James Allens Pre-race briefing and Post-race report aided and abetted by information from the teams themselves. Another little bit of fun is the Strategy calculator. I've gone for a one stop for Valencia on lap 26 and hoping for a safety car. Beats James Allens prediction :D

Most of the information on the site is available elsewhere but UBS have brought it together nice and cleanly so thanks to UBS and I am sure the highly successful relationship between UBS and F1 will see them remaining sponsors for the foreseeable future.

Malbec
20th June 2012, 21:15
I wonder if they are aware that FOM are keen to reduce the amount of fans tuning in when the races are live in the UK? Bernie has done his best to reduce the amount of coverage reaching British fans and I think the sponsors should take a note of this. Committing themselves to bringing us info from the teams is great, but when the people in charge of the sport are trying to bring as little as possible to the fans who buy their products, it becomes a little conflicting. :dozey:

Given UBS' clientele I don't think they particularly care about some British fans who don't want to pay for their F1 coverage being lost ;)

Anyway the head of UBS is said to be a big F1 fan, he tried to help Sauber by becoming their title sponsor in 2010 after BMW dumped them. His board disagreed but liked his maths so they decided to sponsor the whole sport instead.

Dave B
21st June 2012, 11:47
NAZI GOLD!

</billbailey>