PDA

View Full Version : Old TGBB meet the new TGBB

SoCalPVguy
16th June 2012, 23:03
PT was right !!! The old "circus clowns" race directors have been replaced by a new set of "bozos".

The 'jumping the restart' penalty against #9 Dixon was total BS, the replays proved it easily !

What did TCGR do to Indycar to deserve that ????

00steven
17th June 2012, 00:54
Pretty sure it was the aborted restart which he caused. Therefore, I believe it was warrented.

SoCalPVguy
17th June 2012, 06:25
Pretty sure it was the aborted restart which he caused. Therefore, I believe it was warrented.

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) — Scott Dixon was confused and annoyed. As it turns out, he had every right to be.

Dixon was penalized for jumping a restart Saturday in the IndyCar race at the Milwaukee Mile, and race director Beaux Barfield acknowledged afterward that he shouldn't have been.
"I'm actually very excited to see what the hell they're talking about," Dixon said after the race. "I'm disappointed."

After explaining the situation to the team, Barfield acknowledged the mistake publicly, noting that a failure in their timing and scoring system caused them to look at the wrong replay. A clock was off by 36 seconds, throwing off their system.

According to Barfield's explanation, what officials mistakenly looked at was a replay of a previous restart — one that was waved off by officials at the time and didn't count. Dixon did commit a potential infraction on the restart that didn't count.

But Dixon didn't do anything wrong on the subsequent restart that ended up counting and should not have been penalized.

"It was obviously the wrong call, based on the reality of the situation," Barfield said. "But based on the clock leading us the wrong way, technology completely got us."
Barfield took responsibility for the mistake, and said officials with Dixon's Chip Ganassi Racing team were "very gracious" when presented with an explanation.

SarahFan
17th June 2012, 14:47
noting that a failure in their timing and scoring system

*try being a fan and trying to follow practice or quals on the Indycar website

nigelred5
17th June 2012, 15:48
noting that a failure in their timing and scoring system

*try being a fan and trying to follow practice or quals on the Indycar website

impossible exercise.....

The Verizon indycar app wouldn't show me anything all day, and I kept getting errors telling me to enable location services when everything was enabled.