PDA

View Full Version : UK TV Coverage

seppefan
9th June 2012, 23:10
I have watched Sky F1 coverage this year and then reverted to BBC when they had live coverage ( while taping Sky ) and what a relief. Georgie has done some home work I accept but the BBC cuts out the tabloid questions we get all the time from some of the commentators which are so tedious. I realise this is partly due to Sky offering the paying public an amazing deal in terms of hours for your buck but after six races and the advantage of recording each programme I am now fast forwarding much of the time as what they say is so obvious and one learns nothing new 90 per cent of the time. Same old stuff put in different ways or just same old stuff. Natalie has a fantastic demeanour but is rather embarrassing at the end of the day. I feel Sky are catering for children, new viewers, passing interest and I do understand that from a commercial point of view but having followed F1 for many years I feel short changed by the commercial demands of the channel trying to increase the audience to cover the fee they paid good old Bernie. Love Damon. He was too stiff initially which is understandable however seems to be growing into the role and leaving Martin behind but DC, Jake, Eddie just talk in more depth or is it that they just leave out all the pretty girl " Hello " style questions. I know more people read the red banner papers but I am saddened by the fact that I have to listen to so many obvious , boring questions. Race 7, " so tell me, (whoever is being interviewed ) , what is the big change this year? the tyres?" HELLO!! End of.