PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari Trick?or Kimi's Engine May Blow?

DimitraF1
29th March 2007, 01:41
i read that kimi's engine was overheaded in the last laps of australian grand prix,

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070328153937.shtml

is it true or they are trying to show that they have problems?

They maybe want to show that they are not reliable and fastest ,not to make FIA rethink about make something to slow the car---> making the championship more interesting!...

whats your opinion?

jjanicke
29th March 2007, 03:52
I would hope that the FIA act impartial to championship contention. Obviously they haven't acted as such recently (banning the championship leaders mass dampers in 2006, allowing tire ovens for the struggling scuderia in 2005, ...), however I can never stop hoping that they do act transparent and irrespectively of the teams championship contention.

pino
29th March 2007, 07:33
i read that kimi's engine was overheaded in the last laps of australian grand prix,

It is true and Ferrari are considering to change the engine eventhough that will mean loosing 10 pos on the grid.

ioan
29th March 2007, 10:09
It is true and Ferrari are considering to change the engine eventhough that will mean loosing 10 pos on the grid.

Felipe made it to 6th from last on a track with very few overtaking possibilities, I say Kimi will be able to get 2nd from starting 11th or 12th given Ferrari's pace and the Sepang circuit layout.

raphael123
29th March 2007, 10:14

Any links I can check please? :)

AJP
29th March 2007, 11:27
Any links I can check please? :)

here you go

http://sportal.com.au/motorsport.asp?i=news&id=96400

jas123f1
29th March 2007, 11:30

They maybe want to show that they are not reliable and fastest ,not to make FIA rethink about make something to slow the car---> making the championship more interesting!...

whats your opinion?

My opinion is that it's true what they are saying. But no one knows how big the problem is. Probably they will changes the engine after qualification if it’s necessary.

raphael123
29th March 2007, 11:43
here you go

http://sportal.com.au/motorsport.asp?i=news&id=96400

Cheers, so same as f1-live link basically?
I'll wait till we get proper confirmation :)

However if Kimi and Massa don't have any problems, I can't see anything other than them storming off to a 1-2 in boring fashion. The only thing we can hope for is now that Michael is not in the team, they won't use team-orders after 1 competitive race into the season :) Here's me hoping!

Dzeidzei
29th March 2007, 13:14
Felipe made it to 6th from last on a track with very few overtaking possibilities, I say Kimi will be able to get 2nd from starting 11th or 12th given Ferrari's pace and the Sepang circuit layout.

So you dont think heŽll be able to catch Alonso?

:)

ioan
29th March 2007, 13:16
So you dont think heŽll be able to catch Alonso?

:)

He'll even pass Alonso, but what about Hamilton! :D

wroom
29th March 2007, 14:28
He'll even pass Alonso, but what about Hamilton! :D
What about Hamilton? ;) If he's passed Alonso already, he'll have overtaken Hamilton long ago..

ioan
29th March 2007, 14:56
What about Hamilton? ;) If he's passed Alonso already, he'll have overtaken Hamilton long ago..

Well than it must be Felipe the one who wins :)

Ian McC
29th March 2007, 22:57

Did you actually watch the last race?

Roamy
29th March 2007, 23:12
actually they will probably change fM engine as well. Won't make much difference. at sepang you can pass so massa will be able to get up there as well.

trumperZ06
30th March 2007, 01:32
;) Both Ferrari's will qualify. If Massa is 2nd or third in qualifying... they will probably change Kimi's engine & let Massa slow the field down.

jjanicke
30th March 2007, 05:29
;) Both Ferrari's will qualify. If Massa is 2nd or third in qualifying... they will probably change Kimi's engine & let Massa slow the field down.

To be honest, from 11th, 12th, or 13th at worst, Kimi won't need Massa to hold up the field. He has done much better in a car not nearly as advantaged as his current ride.

That being said, I doubt that he would be able to catch Massa, and will settle for 2nd. You never know though, and it would be a great race to watch, if the Ferrari's remain ahead of the field, as testing would indicate.

DimitraF1
30th March 2007, 07:29
bla bla bla :P bored!

ioan
30th March 2007, 10:39
bla bla bla :P bored!

:rolleyes:

DimitraF1
31st March 2007, 01:05
what ioan?:P

Juppe
6th April 2007, 14:26
So there will be no engine change for Kimi after all:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57857

However, a Finnish news said that Kimi tried running with reduced revs on Friday practice just to see how it goes, if they need to do that for race to ensure the engine surviving the race distace.

I have not seen a confirmation of that anywhere else, so I don't know if its true or not.

If Kimi runs with reduced power in the race I doubt he'll be able to fight for the win, but we'll see. It would be nice to know what's the real situation, but I don't think they'll tell it, at least not beforehand.

Shalafi
6th April 2007, 19:32
So there will be no engine change for Kimi after all:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57857

However, a Finnish news said that Kimi tried running with reduced revs on Friday practice just to see how it goes, if they need to do that for race to ensure the engine surviving the race distace.

I have not seen a confirmation of that anywhere else, so I don't know if its true or not.

If Kimi runs with reduced power in the race I doubt he'll be able to fight for the win, but we'll see. It would be nice to know what's the real situation, but I don't think they'll tell it, at least not beforehand.

I would rather see engine change and full attack from Kimi than driving without full power. Ok, they want to avoid difficulties in the first couple of corners but still... I think that they have to believe that Kimi can drive full-out, it would be idiotic not to switch the engine in a car that dominant as Ferrari otherwise.

DimitraF1
6th April 2007, 22:33
jean todt says he will not risk ,so starting from 12 is very risky for accident.
starting 1st or second is better,low power = 2nd

Shalafi
6th April 2007, 23:04
jean todt says he will not risk ,so starting from 12 is very risky for accident.
starting 1st or second is better,low power = 2nd

IF the engine will last...if there is any doubts, better change it and Kimi will still get podium.

DimitraF1
6th April 2007, 23:07
shalafi where are u from?

Tazio
7th April 2007, 05:46
It will depend on what duration Kimi runs on reduced rev's, and reduced how much? If Kimi runs full revs for 1/3 of the race he will probably be able to hold off everyone behind him with slight to moderately reduced rev's. Let's say 900 to 1400 rev reduction, with ocassional burst's of full throttle if telemetry looks good. Of course there are other senario's