PDA

View Full Version : Landon Cassill Top20 Apparently Less Impressive Than Danica Patrick 30th Place Finish

tstran17_88
28th May 2012, 04:12
Landon Cassill Top 20 Apparently Less Impressive Than Danica Patrick 30th Place Finish 5 Laps Down

Nascar media was abuzz with Danica Patrick's 30th place finish in today's Coca-Cola 600, completely ignoring Landon Cassill's 18th place finish for a vastly underfunded team.
"Wow, to see what she did out there, she made it to the end!" said local reporter Steve McCall. "Running almost every lap, only hitting the wall once, that's MUCH more impressive than a guy running a lap down despite not really having a sponsor."
"Did you see how she kept her composure the whole race?", mentioned writer Byron Holden. "I mean, she didn't flip out or punch her steering wheel at all! Its waaaay more interesting than a guy who was almost out of the sport fighting his way back with a scrappy group of outsiders!"
Patrick's run was heavily featured on Fox's telecast, with frequent updates and pit reports. Such exciting stories as "Danica keeping hydrated" and "Danica running 900 laps this weekend" were discussed in detail, instead of "Team that was virtually closed stays in contention" or "Driver who needs exposure gets it."
McCall, unable to interview Patrick due to the throng of national reporters, explained that "…she (Danica) has sponsors who already advertise with incredibly sexist and annoying commercials. We should focus on THEM, not a driver who desperately needs more exposure and funding to compete on a high level."
Cassill, exhausted after the long race, was left alone in front of his trailer, although one reporter asked him what he thought of Danica Patrick's performance.

Spade Racing: Landon Cassill Top 20 Apparently Less Impressive Than Danica Patrick 30th Place Finish 5 Laps Down (http://spaderacing.blogspot.com/2012/05/landon-cassill-top-20-apparently-less.html)

edv
28th May 2012, 04:34
I cried a little bit when I read that.

Sparky1329
28th May 2012, 04:42
Gag. Me.

00steven
28th May 2012, 13:25
She and the media that follows her are jokes.

Lee Roy
28th May 2012, 15:13
I've got news for you folks, probably something your Brownie Scout leader hasn't gotten around to telling you yet: "LIFE AIN'T FAIR"!!!!

Is it fair that Dale Earnhardt Jr. receives all the media attention he gets and keeps a totally undeserved Hendrick ride?

Is it fair that Paul Menard keeps a top flite ride with Childress?

Racing has always had drivers that get media attention, or rides that their talent doesn't warrant. That's the nature of the beast.

I'll bet that Landon Cassill understands that life ain't fair.

beachbum
28th May 2012, 22:21
Life ain't fair............

But I have a remote control, and I switched off the NASCAR coverage.

Lee Roy
29th May 2012, 01:37
Life ain't fair............

But I have a remote control, and I switched off the NASCAR coverage.

My sig line is: "DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials!" DVRs also allows you to fast forward through innane babble, such as how some undeservedly overexposed backmarker finished.

beachbum
29th May 2012, 17:59
My sig line is: "DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials!" DVRs also allows you to fast forward through innane babble, such as how some undeservedly overexposed backmarker finished.If you fast forward through the ads and the innane babble, a race like the 600 would take maybe 15 minutes to watch ;)

tstran17_88
2nd June 2012, 13:29
I have to admit that was I was getting a little perturbed with the race coverage last Sunday when I wanted to hear more information about the #17 after he had to pit early with a loose lug nut and all we got was her, but normally the undeserved over coverage doesn't bother me. I've grown used to it over the past 13 seasons and I've said all along that one of the reasons that Dale Jr. jumped at the chance to bring her into the Nationwide series was to take some of the pressure off of him, the other of course being the sponsorship money she brings. It sure wasn't the potential talent that he saw in her.

slorydn1
6th June 2012, 14:52
This is why I have invested so heavily in things like Raceview on Nascar.com and DirectTV's hot pass....so I not only can ignore it, but I really don't even have to pay attention to any of the "broadcast" at all, really. It does suck the weekends I have to work, though, and I get stuck having to watch the DVR'd race broadcast as Lee Roy does. I miss at least half the race, and I end up clueless as to how Harvick ended up wherever he finished.

Mark in Oshawa
7th June 2012, 19:22
Life aint fair LeeRoy, but as a fan, it doesn't mean I have to like it. I will call it what it is....stupidity...