PDA

View Full Version : Maldonado uses car as weapon

bontebempo
26th May 2012, 17:43
Pastor Maldonado's penalty for Sergio Perez clash - BBC F1 2012: Round 06 Monaco Grand Prix - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksrr9DbwP3I)

haha what a typical, south american idiot haha. I live in Colombia and they all drive like idiots so the civilized world should not be surprised by this.

The Black Knight
26th May 2012, 18:34
Bonehead move from a bonehead driver. He was good two weeks ago and deserves credit but he wasn't that good. His pole position lap was scrappy. I think another driver would have gotten more out of the car but the Williams car was simply the best one in Spain and made him look better than he is. When you think that Hamilton got put to the back of the grid for a simple mistake two weeks ago and this idit just gets a ten place grid penalty for intentionally hitting another car it really just conveys everything about the inconsistency of the Stewards.

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 18:35
haha what a typical, south american idiot haha.

and what a typical, idiotic post :dozey:

bontebempo
26th May 2012, 18:47
donkey by name and im sure donkey by nature...

bontebempo
26th May 2012, 18:49
Yeah i agree, he wont amount to anything. A lucky win. He wont win again as he is focused on crashing his car into other cars. hahahah.

Bonehead move from a bonehead driver. He was good two weeks ago and deserves credit but he wasn't that good. His pole position lap was scrappy. I think another driver would have gotten more out of the car but the Williams car was simply the best one in Spain and made him look better than he is. When you think that Hamilton got put to the back of the grid for a simple mistake two weeks ago and this idit just gets a ten place grid penalty for intentionally hitting another car it really just conveys everything about the inconsistency of the Stewards.

jens
26th May 2012, 19:05
We could discuss about the crash, but I hope you - bontebempo - won't intend to turn it into a simple bashing thread, which is what the opening posts seem to indicate.

Bagwan
26th May 2012, 19:49
Maldonado's side of the story :
"It was a mistake from my side because I lost the car. I was trying to pass Perez quite quick, cold tyres - it was the out lap - and I lost a little bit the car.
I was trying to recover the car and when I recovered the car I touched Perez. I was completely in the oversteer and when I recovered the car the tyres took too much of the grip and I touched Perez.
Maybe I needed to back off a little bit, but I was trying to do my best and that's it."

So , according to the man , himself , the crash was in no way deliberate .

I'm not sure if I believe him , but these cars are , indeed , by nature , very twitchy , especially with the opened up steering racks , and running on the bumpiest track of the year .

And , they all , even Pastor , that these things are fragile , and don't make good bumpercars .

Is there a vendetta that I am forgetting here , between Pastor and Sergio ?

Zico
26th May 2012, 20:22
Is there a vendetta that I am forgetting here , between Pastor and Sergio ?

Thats what I was wondering, or did we miss something that happened in one of the earlier practice sessions?

I thought it was deliberate also. I guess thats his story and he is sticking to it. :/

MAX_THRUST
26th May 2012, 21:16
I said after the Spa incident with Lewis he should have had a three race ban as that was really stupid at that speed. A tyre could have come off and hit someone else in the crowd.

This incident not so bad and he had his excuses. What worries me was Perez had the issue with his steering in Q1, the same side his car got hit. I'm sure the team checked the car over but there may have been a fracture in the structure which only would have been picked up on an xray.

I think 10 places is justified, and he needs to realise that he can't do this sort of thing on the race track. Propbably should have put him at the back of the grid though. I think being hit by Lewis last year at Monaco has made Maldonado think that is the way he nees to drive. maybe NASCAR is the best place for him.

ShiftingGears
26th May 2012, 23:43
Wow, that was quite a stupid incident. I agree with Coulthard's comments, pretty lucky to get away with 10 places.

Ranger
27th May 2012, 02:20
Maldonado will start from the back of the grid because of a gearbox penalty.

Which will mean he will start alongside... Sergio Perez. :bomb:

Robinho
27th May 2012, 09:15
Stupid move which has destroyed his own chances for the race, and his bull excuse was laughable. Such a pity after Spain where he gave Williams a long overdue win. I also would not have been surprised if the impact did the damage to Perez car which manifested itself in the steering failure that put Sergio out of qually

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mia 01
27th May 2012, 10:33
Driving at this level requires some sort of calmness. You can´t let your temper rule.
Another driver who has a little problem with this is Massa and also Schumacher.

christophulus
27th May 2012, 10:39
Sorry, I just can't see that as a deliberate move, there isn't enough footage. I know he has previous form with hitting Hamilton but we can't all jump to conclusions?

ShiftingGears
27th May 2012, 11:45
Sorry, I just can't see that as a deliberate move, there isn't enough footage. I know he has previous form with hitting Hamilton but we can't all jump to conclusions?

I didn't even think of the Hamilton maneuver, so let's, for objectivity, ignore that for now.

Looking at the footage he's turning across the track about 30-50 metres before the apex of the corner. Look up the 2010 pole lap of Webber, it has the same camera placement on the outside of Portier, which shows how the correct line is to hug the barriers on the left until the turn-in.

Maldonado didn't even attempt the correct line, and I really can't see how he could've lost it at that point on the circuit.

zako85
27th May 2012, 11:47
I do not approve of any driver when having anger management issues on the track. I hope that Maldonado changes his ways.

However, I must say the amount of snobbism and elitism on the discussion board is amazing. I for one thought that Maldonado drove an excellent race in Spain. It's very disingenuous to discount his win simply due having a faster car. He drove under high stress the whole time because of Alonso's fairly close pursuit. And then the Williams pit crew screwed up on his last stop making him almost lose his position. In the light of this, my view Maldonado's win was fair and square. I am very delighted to see him win so I can finally see the critics of "pay drivers" eat their words, starting with Felipe Massa and followed by people from F1 forums. Granted, even Speed TV commenters had their doubts about whether Maldonado had what it takes to run in front when he got his lead. I thought they were wrong to doubt him from the beginning. Maldonado won GP2 in 2010 and that is no joke. GP2 is a spec racing series, which makes winning there very hard, with cars being very similar for Formula 1. He also had plenty of experience in F1 by now.

Robinho
27th May 2012, 12:25

It was obviously deliberate, he would have put himself head on into the wall but for Perez's car. It was completely off the line, from the head on view you can see a deliberate move of the wheel AND the stewards penalised him for the deliberate move. There was no black marks from spinning up the tyres and no effort to put on opposite lock to correct the supposed slide. 100 per cent deliberate move

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Dave B
27th May 2012, 12:29
Maybe we shouldn't, but the stewards saw footage from multiple angles and would have talked to both drivers and looked at telemetry including Pastor's steering input. They decided it was deliberate.

Dave B
27th May 2012, 12:30
What has 'snobism' got to do with the views here? You'll be hard pressed to find anyone here that didn't think Pastor deserved his win in Spain. I don't quite see how you justify that statement. :confused:
Agreed. He was phenomenal in Spain, and has shown genuine form all season. That doesn't, however, give him or anybody else the right to act like a tool on the track.

christophulus
27th May 2012, 14:14
Fair point, I'm sure the stewards have more data and camera angles to base a decision on. Begs the question why they still don't release said footage

wedge
27th May 2012, 14:30
Fair point, I'm sure the stewards have more data and camera angles to base a decision on. Begs the question why they still don't release said footage

Don't need to. It's blatant that PM didn't take the normal racing line and turns in way too early.

Dave B
27th May 2012, 14:56
There was a brief phase (in 2010 if I recall) that they did upload the footage to the F1 website, but that soon stopped.

F1boat
27th May 2012, 15:13
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksrr9DbwP3I]
haha what a typical, south american idiot haha. I live in Colombia and they all drive like idiots so the civilized world should not be surprised by this.

Ridiculous and offensive.

steveaki13
27th May 2012, 18:18

I agree with you, it was out of line.

However it is true the South American latin temper can get abit hot under the collar. Look at how many football matches have trouble.

Its just a case that they can sometimes loose their rag at times. Maybe that had something to do with it.

donKey jote
27th May 2012, 20:21
However it is true the South American latin temper can get abit hot under the collar. Look at how many football matches have trouble.

In Venezuela?
Can't say I've seen many :dozey:

gloomyDAY
27th May 2012, 20:28
However it is true the South American latin temper can get abit hot under the collar. Look at how many football matches have trouble.You're right. Those European white boys never throw their toys out of their pram or ever use their vehicle to plow into another driver. :rolleyes:

White is right.

donKey jote
27th May 2012, 20:41
White is right.
I guess Senna or Fangio don't count as South American in bonte's idiotic driver world either :laugh:
:dozey:

bontebempo
28th May 2012, 01:42
I guess Senna or Fangio don't count as South American in bonte's idiotic driver world either :laugh:

Well Senna used his car on Prost as a weapon a few times and Fangio would have died if he did as there was more respect for drivers back then.
Try thinking before writing Donkey by name

fandango
28th May 2012, 17:25
I've only just watched the footage now, and it does look as though he drove into Pérez deliberately, although in doing this he clearly risks his own car (and that's without considering the big safety issues).

It seems a bit sad, though, to say that this is typical of any race, country, region or whatever, so I'm not even going to counter such a stupid argument.

But it does seem that Maldonado is one of those drivers that goes into red mist mode more easily than others. I wonder was his crash in Australia a result of the same brain process. I saw him speak live at the Fans Forum in Barcelona in February and I thought he was really likeable and friendly, but there you go.

Malbec
28th May 2012, 17:38
Its unfair to denigrate Maldonaldo's performance in Spain because of what he did in Monaco, his drive at Barcelona was perfect. However he does have an attitude problem, apparently at Spa after he collided with Lewis and went to the stewards, he was so cocky that the stewards ordered him to leave the room and enter again with respect.

This isn't the first time he's had probably deliberate comings together with other drivers and he'll realise soon enough after he gets more penalties that his anger is going to be something he just has to control. If not despite his win he won't get very far.

Garry Walker
28th May 2012, 18:57
He got a penalty for that? Wow, next time some guy will get a penalty for breathing.

airshifter
29th May 2012, 02:50
I think Pastor did it deliberately and deserved the penalty.

I don't know what to think of the Perez penalty.... he was just in the wrong place trying to get to the pits and ended up blocking Kimi.

bontebempo
2nd June 2012, 17:49

and true

donKey jote
2nd June 2012, 20:48
http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/147519-lifetime-ban-please-3.html#post957582

GravettFan99
3rd June 2012, 05:20
Quite incredible. He is in the limelight in Spain earning Williams' first win in 8 years, and now he is in controvesy once again. :dozey: So Pastor, why screw yourself? :confused:

jens
3rd June 2012, 07:12
Quite incredible. He is in the limelight in Spain earning Williams' first win in 8 years, and now he is in controvesy once again. :dozey: So Pastor, why screw yourself? :confused:

That's Pastor Maldonado, a driver with a very wide performance window. :p : It has been discussed before, you can never know, what to expect from him. From good to bad.