PDA

View Full Version : ben Spies--What happenned??

markabilly
26th May 2012, 16:34
Big fan of ben, but what happened?? Seems to have lost his touch for the bikes?
:confused:
Last year, took the Dutch GP, very convincing.

Then in Valencian Community motorcycle Grand Prix , he almost won, after taking the lead in extremely difficult conditions, and would have except for wheel spin from the wet paint on the strip on the final straight run to the finish....and stoner beat him by micro-seconds.

NinjaMaster
27th May 2012, 08:59
It's doing my head in too Mark (and I'm sure Ben's as well). Was always top 4 in pre-season testing but now the racing has started...
I could understand in round one after a couple of big crashes that the bike and his head weren't quite right but nothing has improved since then. I rate him but things will have to turn around quickly. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take Casey's Honda ride next year but he will still need results this year to get it. Hope he can turn it around.

jens
3rd June 2012, 14:57
This race was already much more promising. Shame about the mistake, otherwise Ben had pace to finish on the podium. Hopefully he can start delivering results.

markabilly
17th June 2012, 14:01
lead at silverstone, then after 5 laps or so, started sliding backward, big time. oh well.

jens
17th June 2012, 15:04
Best result so far (5th), but still needs an improvement in race trim to impress and have a chance of keeping his factory ride.

markabilly
29th July 2012, 13:54
now, it is not what happenned....but where is he going to next?

Too bad, as I was a big fan of the boy from Longview texas.

jonny hurlock
29th July 2012, 22:32
now, it is not what happenned....but where is he going to next?

Too bad, as I was a big fan of the boy from Longview texas.

Yamaha other him a contract, strong rumours is a 2 year deal with BMW in World Superbikes in 2013, maybe in 2014 with BMW in MotoGP

chac47
30th July 2012, 06:51
Go back to WSBK Ben, go back! He has been talked up a lot in Motogp but I've never been convinced he would become an Alien.

TheFamousEccles
23rd August 2012, 02:33
What happened? Lin Jarvis is what happened to Ben Spies.

patnicholls
26th August 2012, 23:30
Dear oh dear...

Next time something happens, he will be fully justified in giving the bike a good kicking. Unbelievable.

GravettFan99
1st September 2012, 04:09
:?: :s hock: :( I'm a fan of Ben, and after his win last year, I thought that this season could only be the same or better. However, it has been less and quite dismal. :( I hope that he can do something, time is ticking to the end of the season. :bomb: Good luck, Ben!