PDA

View Full Version : Not the Circuit of Ireland top 25 entries!

sal
28th March 2007, 18:30
Leading Entries
International

1 Eugene Donnelly/Paul Kiely (Subaru Impreza WRC)
2 Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy (Subaru Impreza WRC)
3 Eamonn Boland/Francis Reagan (Ford Focus WRC)
4 Kris Meeke/Glenn Patterson (Subaru Impreza WRC)
5 Tim McNulty/Anthony Nestor (Subaru Impreza WRC)
6 Kevin Lynch/Gordon Noble (Ford Focus WRC)
7 Peadar Hurson/Dairmuid Falvey (Subaru Impreza WRC)
8 Gareth Jones/Andrew Bargery (Ford Focus WRC)
9 Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Floene (Ford Focus WRC)
10 Stephen Murphy/MJ Morrissey (Subaru Impreza WRC)
11 Patrick Elliott/TBA (Subaru Impreza WRC)
12 Sean Devine/Paul McLaughlin (Subaru Impreza WRC)
14 Terry McGonigle/Stephen Casey (Subaru Impreza WRC)
15 Martin Doherty/TBA (Subaru Impreza WRC)
16 Hugh Martin Doherty/Michael McBride (Ford Focus WRC)
17 Denis Biggerstaff/Paul McGee (Subaru Impreza WRC)
18 Colm Murphy/Ger Loughrey (Subaru Impreza N12)
19 Garry Jennings/Enda Sherry (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)
20 Seamus Leonard/Gerry McVeigh (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)
21 Roy White/Stephen McAuley (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)
22 James Foley/Paddy Robinson (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)
23 John McGlaughlin/David McElroy (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)
24 Willie Fannin/Mick Courtney (Subaru Impreza N12)
25 Kevin O'Donoghue/Joe O'Leary (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9)

Allyc85
28th March 2007, 19:25
jeez thats some entry list!!

cut the b.s.
28th March 2007, 21:22
Number 14 will be interesting, Terry was very fast in GpN, hope he gets a good run.

Donnelly, Miggins and Meeke, will be very interesting at the top

farquar wrc
29th March 2007, 21:14
If only the ITC was like the BRC,i would'nt have so many trips to Ireland to do,then it would'nt cost me a bloody fortune in Boats and Planes,the BRC is a waste of time for spectating,where the awesome Irish Championship cannot be missed,roll on next saturday and don't be surprised if Meeke is top step of the podium

ste898
30th March 2007, 22:33
I know the feeling Farquar wrc!!!

J4MIE
8th April 2007, 18:28
Meeke out on SS11... was going really well until then and fighting Genie for 2nd after a puncture lost him 35 seconds while fighting for the lead with Miggins!

sal
8th April 2007, 18:41
Link to pics from day 1

http://www.crspics.com/2007/circuit2007.html

sal
8th April 2007, 18:45
From http://www.rallynews.net

RALLY NEWS NO.11 Omagh Service/Sunday 4.30

UNOFFICIAL LEADERBOARD AFTER STAGE 11 – FINAL STAGE
1st (2) Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy (Impreza WRC) 1.41.22.9
2nd (1) Eugene Donnelly/Paul Kiely (Impreza WRC) 1.42.00.7
3rd (9) Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Floene (Focus WRC) 1.42.48.3
4th (6) Kevin Lynch/David Moynihan (Focus WRC) 1.44.30.3
5th (3) Eamonn Boland/Francis Regan (Focus WRC) 1.45.15.1
6th (8) Gareth Jones/Andrew Bargery (Focus WRC) 1.47.14.0
7th (18) Colm Murphy/Ger Loughrey (Impreza N) 1.50.03.3
8th (20) Seamus Leonard/Gerry McVeigh (Lancer N) 1.50.10.3
9th (21) Roy White/Stephen McAuley (Lancer N) 1.51.10.0
10th (32) Connor McCLoskey/Robbie Durant (Lancer N) 1.51.38.7

For Mark Higgins and Rory Kennedy this has been a fantastic rally, very exciting, which makes their victory all the more worthy. For British Champion Mark it is his first Circuit victory (certainly the event is being called the Easter International but to all involved it is still the Circuit). Co-driver Rory Kennedy will now have won it 4 times in total, 3 of those with the late Bertie Fisher and then of course today. Kris Meeke and his co-driver Paul Nagle were a big part of the picture that made this a tremendously exciting and interesting rally. Kris was in 3rd place and fighting for 2nd when his Subaru engine cried enough in stage 11 Rousky. The Impreza Is parked forlornly at junction 7 of the stage. That doesn’t take it away from a fine drive. Eugene Donnelly then was left with a clear run to 2nd place, Tarmac Champion Eugene and his co-driver Paul Kiely had an up and down sort of event, not capturing the pace they showed in the wet conditions of Galway with his new Impreza S12.

Young Norwegian Andreas Mikkelsen and his co-driver Ola Floene set a terrific pace in their Focus WRC to finish 3rd. Kevin Lynch really got the hammer down towards the end to move up into 4th. While Eamonn Boland in a similar Focus struggled at the end with his car’s centre differential. He had a good time differential to Gareth Jones but was still glad to make the finish. Gareth Jones’ times improved somewhat over the last few stages so that the Reid Motorsport driver came into 6th o/a. Sean Devine was heading for 7th but his Impreza stopped on the Rousky stage. Colm Murphy forged through to take 7th and win Group N ahead of Seamus Leonard with Roy White 3rd in the category and Connor McCloskey 4th and 10th o/a. Denis Biggerstaff dropped out of the leaderboard and he finished 11th o/a following a puncture on Rousky and also power steering problems.

Mark Higgins commented at final service. “The last time I did the Circuit was in 1991 with my mum (Christine). It was always a special rally for me and I wish it was still officially called The Circuit. We had a great rally, everything went to plan, Kris pushed us hard, I’m sorry that he had his troubles. I know we are sponsored by Pirelli, but I still have to say it, the tyres were great, as was the car. It was great to do the stages as well, in dry conditions. I know we have extended our lead in the Tarmac Championship but I really needed the win as we switch to a Group N car for the next 3 rounds. Well done as well to all the officials and their teams, its been a great rally”. Eugene Donnelly said. “I’m a bit disappointed, I did try hard today, they beat us fair and square. They’ve got a good package, I was matching Mark today but not beating him. Its back to the drawing board.”

Andreas Mikkelsen commented. “I’m so happy now. We had a test on Friday before the rally, it is 5 months since I was on tarmac so it was like new for me, but then on the rally it was good, in my blood again.” For Andreas it is back to school this week, he has one and a half years more at college in Norway. What a way to spend you school holidays – finishing 3rd on this Easter International which we all know and love as The Circuit of Ireland.
In Group N, Seamus Leonard lost time in stage 10 when his Lancer went into a 6 right too fast, landed on top of a hedge which flattened the intercooler pipe. The car was down 60 horse power and Colm Murphy needed no second bidding, drove the last stage, all 16 miles of it, flat out making every corner count, and he took the category by 7 seconds!

Finally for now very well done to all at the Ulster Automobile Club for making this another very special Easter weekend of rallying. Our thanks to all to supported and helped with the RallyNews service.BRIAN & LIZ PATTERSON http://www.rallynews.net