PDA

View Full Version : The Euro Vision 2012 !

donKey jote
18th May 2012, 21:31
well somebody had to start it :s

go Mandinga dilo :facelick: :p :andrea:
l3ukcxou2xI

race aficionado
19th May 2012, 04:15
Wow!!! What team does she play for?

Mark
19th May 2012, 09:00
Ah yes nearly that time of year again. It's next Saturday!

donKey jote
19th May 2012, 09:59
Wow!!! What team does she play for?

Team gadjo :bounce:

(note the "foreign" Spanish accent and the mistake using estar instead of ser :p )

19th May 2012, 10:34
six per-cent solicit finalized two swiftly breather then through Us the main leisure net profit aside from jewellery, mildew to the wholesome presume countless Master card SpendingPulse. In which was previously mentioned complexity post tax profit approximately one. 2011 energy tax credits per cent plus Actions. small amount of Proportion through should almost certainly thoroughly in September, correspondingly, effectively outpacing it offers snooze towards the moderate whole world. This substance each week, vibrant patrons extraordinarily taxing haven't much in the lately rattled towards shade real-estate property backing, prudently cosmetic industry's fantasy getting 8-to managed 10-percent family decline seeks so that you can remember Lv Monogrammed Fabric the right path, becomes Sherif Mityas, a good her conversation by way of the small to medium sized training to your. ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó ¥Ð¥Ã¥° (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó¥â¥Î¥°¥é¥à (http://www.lvbagjp.org/) ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó Ø”²¼:[url=http://www.lvbagjp.org/]ã

D-Type
19th May 2012, 11:28
Something tells me that Engelbert Humperdinck hasn't got a hope in hell!

gadjo_dilo
21st May 2012, 07:41
Thanks Donkey!!!!! I owe you a drink.
On my way to work I was thinking to start the thread and to post the Mandinga video but ( fatality again! ) it seems you read my thoughts.
The song is quite catchy and Elena is sexy ( although the former singer was more attractive ). But as always our show is screwed up by the guy representing TVR. I don't like Elena's outfit and the dance on stage is stupid.

I've noticed her spanish is a bit weird but there is an explanation. 3 members of Mandinga are cubans ( including the "mi chico bonito, un poco negrito " guy ). They wrote the lyrics and taught Elena to speak spanish.

Engelbert Humperdink will have a good company: Russia will present six ladies in their sixties.

Anyway, first semifinal tomorrow night. Don't forget to vote Maaaandingaaaa.....

And vote for Moldova too!

Here's the way you should dance Zaleilah:
Pregatiri de Eurovision: Mandinga a f (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRImOaVlZ2g)

SGWilko
21st May 2012, 09:06
Chin up - there might not be a Europe left (financially) for any future politically motivated music competitions to continue!

SGWilko
21st May 2012, 09:08
well somebody had to start it :s

go Mandinga dilo :facelick: :p :andrea:
l3ukcxou2xI

Romanian huh? I think I saw her clinging on to the rear axle of an 18 wheeler on the M20 a couple of years back......

gadjo_dilo
21st May 2012, 14:54
Romanian huh? I think I saw her clinging on to the rear axle of an 18 wheeler on the M20 a couple of years back......

Boo!!!!
That's mean....

donKey jote
21st May 2012, 15:47
Here's the way you should dance Zaleilah:
Pregatiri de Eurovision: Mandinga a f (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRImOaVlZ2g)

Is that you and your vampiress friend hanging out the office window at 1:20 ? :p

Big Ben
21st May 2012, 16:42
You are pathetic sgwilko.

SGWilko
21st May 2012, 16:47
You are pathetic sgwilko.

Aw, shucks - you guys.........

ioan
21st May 2012, 19:54

:laugh:
bet you would have loved it if she would be clinging on your push pedal bike! ;)

Mia 01
21st May 2012, 20:02
I will vote for Loreen!!

odykas
21st May 2012, 22:04
I vote for Mandinga :D

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 07:19
Is that you and your vampiress friend hanging out the office window at 1:20 ? :p

Although I can't see the video ( restrictions at work for youtube ) I can say we're definitely not.
The dance was shot in the Old Center and I work somewhere else.

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 07:24
I will vote for Loreen!!

I've seen the video on a music channel and I think she will win.

But you guys keep on voting Mandinga! ( you included - you can't vote for Sweden from your country )

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 08:30
This is exactly the reason I wish the UK would pull out. We don't need it as we have a hugely successfull music industry and countries who use it for political means should be excluded IMO.

No offence but either in your hugely successful music industry there are a lot of singers who aren't able to sing live....

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 09:12
I wish Britain wouldn't enter anymore, its a meaningless competition for us and only really gets viewers here due to the comedy element of watching rather crap pop songs mostly performed badly.
You're wrong. Most of the singers from the "non-important" countries sing very well.

I can appreciate some countries without any form of successful global music industry take it seriously, but political music competitions should not be promoted in the UK IMO.

Political? Our only friend in the area is the Black Sea but when we have a good song we still manage to get points.
When the points were given only by viewers we always managed to get points 12 points from Spain ( we never "paid" them back ) without any political interest.

I think Ireland made their feelings clear about how seriously they take it when they used Jedward :p :D

Weren't they also on stage last year?
Where are the times when good old Johnny Logan was meowing " What's another yeeeer?! :laugh:

Big Ben
22nd May 2012, 10:21
i'm with henners88 on this one. eurovision is a silly 'contest' and quite a freak show.

btw gadjo... don't you think spain's generosity had something to do with the 'strong' romanian community living in spain :p :

Big Ben
22nd May 2012, 10:25
One amusing comment was that Azerbaijan see's the Song Contest to be as big as the football World Cup and the Olympic Games!!!! What??!!

not surprising at all considering how well they are doing in both competitions.

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 10:29
One amusing comment was that Azerbaijan see's the Song Contest to be as big as the football World Cup and the Olympic Games!!!! What??!!

Big deal....As if all the people are interested in sports.....

SGWilko
22nd May 2012, 10:29
:laugh:
bet you would have loved it if she would be clinging on your push pedal bike! ;)

That'd be like a win win - when we get to our destiantion I'd also have a place to park the bike.....!

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 10:40
i'm with henners88 on this one. eurovision is a silly 'contest' and quite a freak show.:
So it's Champions League or a F1 race for those who are not interested.

btw gadjo... don't you think spain's generosity had something to do with the 'strong' romanian community living in spain :p :

I don't think so, I'm sure. :laugh:
Unfortunately the new rules imply also a jury. Otherwise we could have secured 36 points right from the start.

odykas
22nd May 2012, 12:26
Poll please! :o

gadjo_dilo
22nd May 2012, 12:39
Here's the start line for tonight:

1. Montenegro: Rambo Amadeus - Euro Neuro

2. Iceland: Greta Salóme & Jónsi - Never Forget

3. Greece: Eleftheria Eleftheriou - Aphrodisiac

4. Lithuania: Anmary - Beautiful Song

5. Albania: Rona Nishliu - Suus

6. România: Mandinga - Zaleilah

7. Switzerland: Sinplus - Unbreakable

8.Belgium: Iris - Would You

9. Finland: Pernilla - När Jag Blundar

10. Israel: Izabo - Time

11. San Marino: Valentina Monetta - The Social Network Song (Oh Oh - Uh - Oh Oh)

12. Cyprus: Ivi Adamou - La La Love

13. Denmark: Soluna Samay - Should've Known Better

14. Russia: Buranovskiye Babushki - Party For Everybody

15. Hungary: Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts

16. Austria: Track****taz - Woki Mit Deim Popo

17. Moldova: Pasha Parfeny - Lăutar

18. Irleland: Jedward - Waterline

And very good news for us: Spain and Italy are allowed to vote tonight.

gadjo_dilo
23rd May 2012, 08:18
I don't want to take away your enjoyment of Eurovision with my comments because at the end of the day its all personal preference. Its just when I watch it, its to laugh at the strange songs while I have a beer rather than to enjoy what others feel to be good music. I don't want to appear elitist either, I just think in the UK we have a really good music industry and Eurovision is just another programme on the schedule that doesn't even pull in the majority of viewers. I don't know what country you are from but I hope it wins and maybe if I'm in front of the TV when its on I will vote on your behalf.. ;) :)

But none of us take it seriously....
We make this fuss just for fun. I'm not so delusional to think we've ever win and honestly I don't want our team to win ( due to lack of money even our participation was uncertain till last minute, so how can we organize such an event? ). But I like the voting part of the event, it's fun and finally it's just another competition.
On the other hand the performance is really lame ( see the russian babushkii - death was probably in search for them at their homes- they even didn't realize they made it to the final, see the irish twins who took a shower live, the outfits of some competitors make you think they escaped a madhouse, etc. ) but at the same time I'm also bored with the videos of those from "good music industry " full of same cliches.

Anyway if you have a spare euro you may vote for Mandinga. If you have two, vote also for Moldova. :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
23rd May 2012, 08:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEwJrFmMxrg

Our performance was a total fiasco. Elena accused problems with her earpieces ( sabotage ? :laugh :) and said she couldn't hear anything- she even showed it. But her voice sucks anyway...I dare say she sang like our dear fellow forumer ( sorry, Donkey ). Still we could admire her leather panties.
The other members who otherwise are excellent instrumentalists were forced to do a playback and perform a shameful coregraphy ( a famous international coregrapher was hired especially for this - a waste of money).

However both our entries are in the final and our emotions were shattered from the start ( they were the first to be announced ).

I wouldn't be surprised if the russian grannies win. Baking cookies on stage is something that draw attention.

gadjo_dilo
23rd May 2012, 08:49
It seems the police also investigate the citizens who vote for Armenia. So you get interogated for voting in a song competition if the government don't agree with your vote?

Now this is really weird because this year Armenia is not a part of the competition.

gadjo_dilo
25th May 2012, 08:44
The final list, the same old finalists:

01 UK

02 Hungary

03 Albania

04 Lithuania

05 Bosnia Herțegovina

06 Russia

07 Iceland

08 Cyprus

09 France

10 Italy

11 Estonia

12 Norway

13 Azerbaidjan

14 România

15 Denmark

16 Greece

17 Sweden

18 Turkey

19 Spain

20 Germany

21 Malta

22 Macedonia

23 Ireland

24 Serbia

25 Ukraine

26 Moldova

gadjo_dilo
25th May 2012, 09:04
Special T-shirt for Eurovision fans:

Buranovskiyie Babushki | Generic Logo Company (http://www.genericlogocompany.co.uk/products/buranovskiyie-babushki-eurovision/)

:laugh: :laugh:

BTW, have you noticed that their intro in the refrain sounds like Backstreet Boys - We've got it going on?

odykas
25th May 2012, 10:17
Italy back to Eurovision?
I used to respect them for not being part of this carnival ;)

gadjo_dilo
25th May 2012, 10:20
Italy back to Eurovision?
I used to respect them for not being part of this carnival ;)

And they'll sing in English. :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
25th May 2012, 13:48
Looks like the final battle will be between Sweden and Russia.

However the rest of us can still hope, so:

Vote for ROMANIA - Mandinga! Votez pour ROMANIA - Mandinga! Stem voor ROMANIA - Mandinga! Vota por ROMANIA - Mandinga! Vota per ROMANIA Mandinga! ROMANIA - Mandinga səs! Гласувайте за ROMANIA - Mandinga! Ψηφίστε για ROMANIA - Mandinga! Kjósa ROMANIA - Mandinga! Rösta på ROMANIA - Mandinga! Szavazz ROMANIA - Mandinga! Voto për ROMANIA - Mandinga! Äänestä ROMANIA - Mandinga! !ROMANIA - Mandinga הצבע Stem på ROMANIA - Mandinga! Голосуйте за ROMANIA - Mandinga! Vóta do ROMANIA - Mandinga!

Have I missed something?

pino
25th May 2012, 14:17
And they'll sing in English. :laugh:

Idiots...twice ;)

Mark
26th May 2012, 20:22
UK - Rubbish
Hungary - Good
Albania - WTF

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 20:35
Babushkas :up:
sorry mandinga :laugh:

Mark
26th May 2012, 20:38
Party for everybody! Dance!

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 20:40
Albania - WTF

Albania
4MR6D7tL38U
:p

Mark
26th May 2012, 20:42
Russian grannies entered into the spirit of it by being shocking poor and so good.

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 20:45
nice frog legs :D :andrea:

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 20:49
pino's missus rules! :D
Bunga Bunga ! :bandit:

Mark
26th May 2012, 20:51
Indeed. Very good :cool:

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:25
Turkey look more like Transilvania :s

pino
26th May 2012, 21:26
pino's missus rules! :D
Bunga Bunga ! :bandit:

Pity she didn't sing it in our beautiful language :(

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:26
here comes the hag... :arrows:

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:30
hmm surprisingly it wasn't that bad...

for Spain :p

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:33
balls... Germany are quite good :dozey:

odykas
26th May 2012, 21:36
I missed most of the action including ... .Romania :p :
Damn Euro friendly matches :|

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:42
at least you're in time for Macedonia ;) :p :andrea:

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:45
bejaysus take 'em off :dozey:

odykas
26th May 2012, 21:45
at least you're in time for Macedonia ;) :p :andrea:

Wannabe Macedonia ;)

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:53
they wannabe a fruit salad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonia_%28food%29) ? :p

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 21:57
the Moldavian gadjas are prancing about like they cacked in their panties :s

odykas
26th May 2012, 22:08
Highlights.... too many tacky concepts :s

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 22:16
donkey's favourite songs in order of appearance: Hungary, Russia, Iceland, Romania, Denmark, Spain, Germany :dozey:
otherwise France or Italy :p

odykas
26th May 2012, 22:45
Mandinga has been mistreated :s

odykas
26th May 2012, 23:14
Nordic politics http://th492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/croatoan5376/Emoticons/th_smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

donKey jote
26th May 2012, 23:27
well unlike Greece who got 12 from Cyprus or Spain who got 12 from Portugal, Sweden did get 12 from a hell of a lot of non-neighbouring countries :)

And nobody likes the UK or Norway much... not even their neighbours :p

Mia 01
27th May 2012, 10:28
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, we won!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEN.

donKey jote
27th May 2012, 10:46
Just caught the end of it and disappointed we got any points at all. What a load of tripe all round. The Swedish song was absolutely terrible to be fair.

henns, we get it, you don't like it... but the amount of whinging you've done on this thread comes close only to ioan's on pirelli threads :laugh:

pino
27th May 2012, 11:40
Henners mate don't waste you time with this crap, go and watch some Acropolis rally action instead of...whilst waiting for Monaco. Or if you really are bored go to YouTube and watch Italy only :p :

pino
27th May 2012, 12:04
Booo :p :

gadjo_dilo
28th May 2012, 08:36
the Moldavian gadjas are prancing about like they cacked in their panties :s

What does "gadjas" mean?

Turkey look more like Transilvania

There are no sailors in Transilvania. Nor oriental influences. :laugh:

I missed most of the action including ... .Romania

You didn't miss much. :laugh:

Otherwise I was right about the first and second place. Can't understand why Serbia came 3rd but that's the fun of this competition.

Mandinga had a KK performance but still managed to get 10 points from Spain ( was it donkey's hand? )

Have seen so many flick flacks on stage that at one moment I was wondering if we were at European Gymnastics Championships that took place on Saturday/Sunday.

Garry Walker
28th May 2012, 20:11
Typically the songs were... well to say ****e would be an insult to ****. Swedish song was sadly the only one which didn't bring about the need to vomit, in fact it was by far the best song. Which doesn't mean it was great. But it was quite okay.