PDA

View Full Version : New Chevy Commodore NASCAR

raybak
17th May 2012, 10:48
Was announced in Australian Auto Action Wednesday that the new Chevy NASCAR will be a version of the Australian Holden Commodore. Will be called a Chevy SS. Holden have sold Commodores into the US in the past as Pontiacs.

Ray

slorydn1
17th May 2012, 22:20
Was announced in Australian Auto Action Wednesday that the new Chevy NASCAR will be a version of the Australian Holden Commodore. Will be called a Chevy SS. Holden have sold Commodores into the US in the past as Pontiacs.

Ray

Yep, the GTO and later on the G8 (my brother damg75 has a white 2009 G8 and it is a sweet car :up:

The current Camaro shares the platorm that the Commodore is built on. The body is different, very differnt though. I actully think the Commodore is a much better looking car than the "Transformermobile". Thats why when the time came to get a pony car I didn't even look at the Chevy and picked up one of THESE:

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/slorydn1/Mustang%20Pics/005.jpg

call_me_andrew
18th May 2012, 05:44
A picture of the COT version has been released, but it's in dazzle camo.

http://assets.speedtv.com/images/article_assets/110/1108329/1108329_article_img_large2.jpg

Rollo
18th May 2012, 05:55
Ray

If the NASCAR is called a Chevy SS then so be it, but I can say categorically that any NASCAR will NOT be a race-version of the Australian Holden Commodore.

A NASCAR being a moly-steel tube framed car, bears no resemblance to the road-going vehicle at all. and shares no common components. I read all announcements like this with a grain of salt.

There's also the problem that the Zeta platform which the Commodore sits on, has been rumoured on occasions to be discontinued and not discontinued.

Lee Roy
18th May 2012, 16:14
If the NASCAR is called a Chevy SS then so be it, but I can say categorically that any NASCAR will NOT be a race-version of the Australian Holden Commodore.

A NASCAR being a moly-steel tube framed car, bears no resemblance to the road-going vehicle at all. and shares no common components. I read all announcements like this with a grain of salt.

There's also the problem that the Zeta platform which the Commodore sits on, has been rumoured on occasions to be discontinued and not discontinued.

There is no such a thing as "A NASCAR". NASCAR is the accronym for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing.

No one is under any illusions that the Chevrolet NASCAR Sprint Cup car would share any common components with the road going version. What are you going to tell us next, that the Earth is not flat?