PDA

View Full Version : Too ong a gap between races.

MAX_THRUST
16th May 2012, 11:22
This happened last year too. This big gap netween races is not good. You get into the racing and then it stops. You then have to go looking to find out when the next event is. TOCCA should look at changing this next year. Bring back the Birmringham street race for the May bank holiday weekend.

BDunnell
16th May 2012, 14:19
This happened last year too. This big gap netween races is not good. You get into the racing and then it stops. You then have to go looking to find out when the next event is. TOCCA should look at changing this next year. Bring back the Birmringham street race for the May bank holiday weekend.

I agree. The championship loses momentum as a result. This was never a problem in the 'old days' when there was a more even spread of meetings over the course of the season.

Mark
16th May 2012, 15:02
It's not just a problem for BTCC, even with 20 races F1 loses momentum in the summer too.

IceWizard
17th May 2012, 23:41
With a 10 meeting calendar there are always going to be some gaps, but I don't see the logic of starting the season so early and having three rounds in April when the weather is usually lousy. I can't see the need to finish as late as mid October either. If the season started on the May bank holiday weekend and finished mid-september then there would never need to be longer than a three week gap between rounds.

52Paddy
20th May 2012, 15:13
I guess there has to be a gap for the non-professional drivers to have a break, though I don't understand why it is in May. If it was July or August, it might make more sense, but then again, you'd miss most of the good weather.

tintin
22nd May 2012, 19:15
Good weather doesn't always mean good racing. I wonder if having three events in April was to try and get some wet races?

Tixy54
16th July 2012, 10:17
Hey, here's an idea. What about an Olympic street race around the east end of London. If we're really lucky some will end up in St Catherines Dock.

Bored now........