PDA

View Full Version : Memories

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 13:33
Looks like i'm the first to post in this section of the new forums then. Looks all nice shiny and new at the moment, I wonder how long that will last...........but what was your best memory of the old forum? What post or thread is it that sticks mostly in your mind?

martinbalmer
5th December 2006, 13:42
I remember making my original first post. It was quite scary... A few years on and this will be my new first post. Not scary at all... :p

Daniel
5th December 2006, 13:48
My favourite memories were of all the forum crashes and slowdowns. Don't ask me why but they just were :p :cool:

Mark_temp
5th December 2006, 13:52
Not of the times when the forum was working but you were just banned? :p

pino
5th December 2006, 13:56
How Good is your Geografic thread 1, started by me in 2003 :D

Daniel
5th December 2006, 13:57
Not of the times when the forum was working but you were just banned? :p

You mean the times I was banned for actually doing something wrong or the times when......... :p

pino
5th December 2006, 13:57
btw I've brought my old cool signature back to celebrate the new forum :p :

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 14:14
btw I've brought my old cool signature back to celebrate the new forum :p :

That sig is older than the forum itself!

I remember it from days gone by...

neophyte
5th December 2006, 14:22
I was very saddened when I read about Speedbump passing. A great guy indeed.

--------

My biggest happy memory?........can't pinpoint one.....it is always fun to come in here. Otherwise I just wouldn't

millencolin
5th December 2006, 15:07
the fact that the 'what are you listening to?' thread lasted for so long...

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 15:09
Naa, the football thread lasting for so many generations!

Not that I posted in it, but it was fun to watch growww

Brown, Jon Brow
5th December 2006, 15:18
I had so many memories and I only joined in August this year!!
Lets hope all the other members find us.

I've got something in my eye........

quicksilver
5th December 2006, 15:26
The first time I was on the forum during a WRC event, getting live updates and news on what was happening, never had that before, used to just be a case of check the standings at the end of the day! :cool:

lilmelvschilton
5th December 2006, 15:30
i can remeber my new first post lol

Donney
5th December 2006, 16:21
I think it was Monte rally thread in 2004 having the opportunity to talk about the rally and having live updates was a real pleasure for me.

viper_man
5th December 2006, 16:32
Ive got a few good memories, the football thread, the constant political arguing, and the racing to the 'banned' thread as soon as a spammer appeared!

lilmelvschilton
5th December 2006, 16:41
awwwwwww
how come we have a new forum anyway?

Captain VXR
5th December 2006, 17:18
Because it is better now.
My favourite memory was a pm from a certain team boss telling me his BTCC plans for 2007. They are still top secret and nobody has even speculated it so far. :p :

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 17:27
Because it is better now.
My favourite memory was a pm from a certain team boss telling me his BTCC plans for 2007. They are still top secret and nobody has even speculated it so far. :p :

I'm guessing the same as all the other teams, win!

Captain VXR
5th December 2006, 17:28
No, what car he wanted to use.

schmenke
5th December 2006, 23:08
...What post or thread is it that sticks mostly in your mind?

"Scrunch or fold?"

Quality stuff :up:

Mp3 Astra
5th December 2006, 23:28
The whole word games forum is one big memory :D . DonnieDarco seems to have made herself head of that forum and always makes you feel welcome (unless you steal her last word then you're in trouble ;) ).

Also, my first post makes me laugh. It was in the touring car forum and I posted some news that was about a month old telling everyone that Honda had an Integra for the BTCC :o

J4MIE
6th December 2006, 00:06
The first FKM, that was brilliant :up:

Azumanga Davo
6th December 2006, 12:23
What we really need is oily oaf telling us all of his adventures of arriving at this new fangled dot forum.

Now THAT will be worth remembering... :D

Sleeper
6th December 2006, 16:28
Any thread started by Oily.

CarlMetro
7th December 2006, 13:39
"Scrunch or fold?"

You beat me to it :up:

I remember that days when we had two 'rival' bars that ended up with the two proprietors getting together in real life :D (all together now........Ahhh!) and the virtual fight thread started by Adrian J :laugh:

Daniel
7th December 2006, 13:55

I remember that days when we had two 'rival' bars that ended up with the two proprietors getting together in real life :D (all together now........Ahhh!) and the virtual fight thread started by Adrian J :laugh:
Reminds me of the fight I had i Dave's pub
http://archive.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=999238#post999238

Loioking through the thread I saw this too.
http://archive.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1293419#post1293419
Paddy had the idea before Kimi did evidently!

oldhippie
7th December 2006, 15:55
this place is way cool compared to the old place

oldhippie
7th December 2006, 15:56
"Scrunch or fold?"

fold

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 16:59
James Thompsons hair :D

Worthy of a return ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
7th December 2006, 17:09
I had a few good times in the old pub. I remember punching Madcat. :cheese:

http://archive.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=124403&perpage=20&display=&pagenumber=23

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 17:20
It is quite adult in the new forum so far, wonder how long before we need to bring back 'The Bin'

Iain
13th December 2006, 08:22

I remember that days when we had two 'rival' bars

Who could forget when the evil Health Inspector ordered one of them to close? :p

The threads "Forum Road Rally" and the original "Anyone For Oulton?" are my favourites of all time. :)

millencolin
13th December 2006, 11:23
another good one... a thread thats started about the WIll Power Sebastien Bourdais Incident which quickly morphed into a thread about Australian beer.... how? i dont know... it just did....

RaceFanStan
13th December 2006, 14:44
As I stroll down Memory Lane I can't help but remember Fred Bassett.
We sometimes battled intensely at 1st but in the end we became good friends.
When I think of the old forum I have to think of Fred & the good times.

There were also others that contributed their part to the old forum.
I think of them, the fun we had & the interesting stories they would share.

I remember threads & posts but for me it is about the people that posted them.

Knock-on
13th December 2006, 14:58
Looks like i'm the first to post in this section of the new forums then. Looks all nice shiny and new at the moment, I wonder how long that will last...........but what was your best memory of the old forum? What post or thread is it that sticks mostly in your mind?

Well, it did look nice and shiny but over the last few days I've noticed a bit of Scrunch or Folding creeping in and there seems to be a few Bogie's stuck at various corners of the Forum. In fact, I think one has fallen out onto my Laptop. Yuk!

Most memorable thread and something that was a great laugh for me was Team Knock-on. However, we sold out (making great profit in the process) to Team Y-man who ran it into the ground, stripped the assets and plundered the goodwill.

A man after my old heart :up:

Mark
13th December 2006, 15:01
What about the scan your cuddly toy thread :p

555-04Q2
13th December 2006, 15:11
I remember arguing with a lot of people in the old F1 Forum. I have decided to turn over a new leaf with the new forum and try and be nice to people :)

But dont push me, or you may meet with my Dark Side Again <the Force is strong with this one> :D

martinbalmer
13th December 2006, 15:18
The first FKM, that was brilliant :up:

Yes, the glory days of good grass-roots British motor racing.. :D

ps: Maybe add a note to keep January 12th 2008 clear ;) :p :

Knock-on
14th December 2006, 12:41
I remember arguing with a lot of people in the old F1 Forum. I have decided to turn over a new leaf with the new forum and try and be nice to people :)

But dont push me, or you may meet with my Dark Side Again <the Force is strong with this one> :D

Well, nice to know you're sorry. Who knows, Schumacher may apologise next :p : ;)

:D

Storm
14th December 2006, 13:09
Most memorable thread and something that was a great laugh for me was Team Knock-on. However, we sold out (making great profit in the process) to Team Y-man who ran it into the ground, stripped the assets and plundered the goodwill.

I remember that...after all I am yet to be paid for my testing duties :rolleyes:

Apart from that of course the Geo and Footie threads (and especially the World Cup and Euro 04) threads. :up:
Also the 'post a recipe' thread was great....always good fun to read pino murdering the Queen's English ;)

Knock-on
14th December 2006, 13:33
I remember that...after all I am yet to be paid for my testing duties :rolleyes:

Have a word with Bagwan. I think he's got all the leftover Champange.

race aficionado
14th December 2006, 14:14
:username: was a classic of classics.
the best part is that I figured it out soon enough and was not busy that day so I was able to see the whole process develope during the day and see all the different reactions. We had the whole variety.

I have many cool memories, so many cool threads and yes, team Knock-on is a classic.

:s mokin:

Ian McC
14th December 2006, 23:12
The exchange between Owy and a_r_c_a in the Touring Cars forum, a_r_c_a always made me laugh with the rubbish he posted! :D

Storm
15th December 2006, 11:17
a_r_c_a was fun !!

Daniel
15th December 2006, 11:21
Yes. He was fun. Ignorant as hell but fun too :up: