PDA

View Full Version : Carroll Shelby, RIP

veeten
11th May 2012, 21:48
Just came over the 'net about a few minutes ago...

Legendary car designer, racer Caroll Shelby dies at age 89 - Motor News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/Carroll-Shelby-dies-race-car-designer-cobra-age-89-051112/)

:(

harvick#1
11th May 2012, 22:24
RIP Shelby :(

a true legend to the auto and autoracing world. thanks for making some absolute kickass vehicles

slorydn1
11th May 2012, 22:38
Cobra........GT-350........GT-500........

Iconic cars, every one of them.

Thank you Caroll Shelby for setting the mark for what tuner cars should be. Our glasses are held high to you for a job well done :beer:

Rest in peace, you will never be forgotten. :bigcry:

D28
12th May 2012, 04:40
Even a partial list of his accomplishments in motorsport would have made him a legend. At Le Mans for example his win with Aston Martin and class wins with the Cobras, would have been sufficient without the 2 team wins for Ford in 66 and 67.A true American original for sure. Your exploits will live for ever. So long Caroll Shelby.

airshifter
12th May 2012, 05:09
A man with a really great history in the automotive world. From driver to car developer, in a class all his own.

Thanks to him I will for the rest of my life have a vivid memory of taking a ride in a 427 Shelby.

Someone I would have really enjoyed meeting, and I have to show respect for anyone that could take the challenge to Enzo Ferrari and beat him at his own game. I'd really love to see one of those Daytona Coupes in person some day.

12th May 2012, 09:13
Gotta try out these babies, worth every dollar and will change your confidence Heel lifts (http://datingxite.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=13521)

iva.rpm
15th May 2012, 12:28
Sad news. He was a great driver and a great car developer. A true legend. RIP, Carroll.

mono#99
15th May 2012, 16:35
RIP Carroll Shelby :(

wedge
16th May 2012, 13:56
RIP

Kids, don't try this at home!

r0scv2acm2c

markabilly
26th May 2012, 16:44
a great driver who had heart problems and raced with nitro pills under his tongue................

and a great car builder,

and an even more greater wheeler-dealer.

Born 20 years later, and if more involved in F1, he would have given Bernie E strong competition.

My granddad did not like him much, as he could never understand why he sold that excellent chicken ranch after marrying into the family, and ran off to be a playboy-racer in europe.

But my granddad, loved the rest of the family. But when I had the chance to buy a beat-up old cobra 427 in the early 70's, he said no way.

rip

inimitablestoo
27th May 2012, 07:45
For British viewers, BBC4 is repeating the documentary Cobra Ferrari Wars tonight at 8pm, and tomorrow at 11:25, by way of tribute.