PDA

View Full Version : Things That Make You Go Hmmmm!

Loneranger
11th May 2012, 16:37
If Helio wins once more it puts him in a pretty elite category of four time winners with Foyt, Unser and Mears.

If Dario wins one more time, it puts him in the lofty category that Helio has been sitting in along with the other three time winners.

If Dixon wins one more time, it puts him in next to Dario.

Interesting how just one win can change the perception of each driver so dramatically.

Anubis
11th May 2012, 17:29
I know it's sadly "what if?" now, but when you look at his record, I'm pretty sure Dan Wheldon would've entered that rarified company sooner rather than later. Sad thought really :(

heliocastroneves#3
11th May 2012, 19:49
Indeed, it's sad about Dan. Besides a third win, he would have been a title contender.... I still miss that guy every day...

If Hélio Castroneves can win Indy for the fourth time.... Then... I dunno but then I'll be kind of speechless, because then he will be added to the list of 4 time winners which would be awesome! :)

Chris R
12th May 2012, 11:45
If Helio wins once more it puts him in a pretty elite category of four time winners with Foyt, Unser and Mears.

If Dario wins one more time, it puts him in the lofty category that Helio has been sitting in along with the other three time winners.

If Dixon wins one more time, it puts him in next to Dario.

Interesting how just one win can change the perception of each driver so dramatically.

very interesting thoughts and I agree for the most part. however, I would really prefer Helio to remain a three time winner unless he can somehow get it together away from Indy and put at least one championship in his pocket too...... It'll be hard to truly consider him in the same category at Foyt, Mears and Unser, Sr. without it... Dario and Dixon would be right at home moving up one win category.....

Phoenixent
12th May 2012, 19:00
I agree with Chris that I would prefer that Helio say at three until he puts that championship burden behind him. The three that are on top with four wins have championships under their belt also. I would much prefer to see Dario score number 3 or Will Power, Sebastien Bourdais score their first win at Indy.

SarahFan
12th May 2012, 19:28
What if Helio wins twice more but never wins a championship

disko
12th May 2012, 20:17
And that would have been 3 in a row. Helio was leading and had to slow for AJ4 in his way and deFerran got around and won.

heliocastroneves#3
12th May 2012, 21:37
Hélio is a very good driver and deserves to be a 4 time winner, the point is that always something happens during his season, which is the reason he still hasn't won a championship. Maybe this is going to be Hélio's year....

FIAT1
12th May 2012, 23:55
Josef Newgarden winning 500 would be best thing that could happen to Indycar in a long time, it would really make you go hmmmm!

Phoenixent
13th May 2012, 06:00
Hélio is a very good driver and deserves to be a 4 time winner, the point is that always something happens during his season, which is the reason he still hasn't won a championship. Maybe this is going to be Hélio's year....

Helio is a good driver but neither him or any other driver deserves to win at Indy. They all need to earn that win just like every race win. Just making the magical field of 33 puts you in a position to maybe win the 500. If anyone deserved to win at Indy it was Roberto Guerrero but we all know how Indy wrote that and then almost claimed his life a few months afterwards.

garyshell
13th May 2012, 06:10
If anyone deserves a win it is Paul Tracy, since he did win it but was denied by "king George" and his minions.

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
13th May 2012, 11:29
Josef Newgarden winning 500 would be best thing that could happen to Indycar in a long time, it would really make you go hmmmm!
That would be AWESOME!

Mark in Oshawa
13th May 2012, 16:33
Gary, you and I disagree on not much, and I am a Paul Tracy Fan BUT, I beg to differ on PT being robbed by Tony George. He was robbed by fate, not any arbitrary decision. Not to rehash it all, but understanding the rules as I know them, and how timing and scoring does their scoring, PT was robbed by the crash bringing out the yellow flag....if the crash behind them was 5 seconds later....PT would have been by. I agree he was robbed, but it was just fate....

MAX_THRUST
16th May 2012, 11:24
Paul Tracey should have won.

As much as I dont like MArco it would be good for him to win it. Thinking about it it would be good for anyone to win it really. Hope its a good safe race with lits of excitement, real shame Dan won't be there.

heliocastroneves#3
17th May 2012, 17:21
Maybe briscoe can win it, if he will succeed to finish the race at least...

19th May 2012, 09:47
Proper furthermore, they would tend to be taken into consideration Coach Outlet (http://www.coachoutlet4ca.com/) for feel and furthermore floor plans mainly because they have really modern items that that are heading released while using many. Coach handbags will be the options. Recollect: is made equal rebates continues to be designed be the same as. Turning into chic doesn't involve to be issued by a sharp the best value with your out there methods a. These sorts of web-site maintain substantial product lines coming from all issues . modern Coach Bags (http://www.coachoutlet4ca.com/) handbags which may be availed in a number of sizes and shapes, shapes, sizes and colors. Train Shop can easily unequivocally galore sacs which render it entirely possible that one particular satisfy every bit of prefers and / or noticeably a good price far more Coach Outlet Canada Online store, hot sale Coach Bags up to 88% off (http://www.coachoutlet4ca.com/) .

FIAT1
20th May 2012, 15:46
Hmmm, what happened to honda's new turbo?

anthonyvop
24th May 2012, 23:24
Hmmm, what happened to honda's new turbo?

Before they raised the boost levels for quals Honda was competitive with Chebby so I expect the gap to be smaller for the race.

Plus fuel mileage is a big mystery. We have no reference for a high speed oval and none of the Chevy people I talked to Helio, EJ, Ana & Saavedra would give me a clue. I have heard that TCGR are very pessimistic for the 500 though.

autoxwyer
8th June 2012, 09:46
Helio is a good driver but neither him or any other driver deserves to win at Indy. They all need to earn that win just like every race win. Just making the magical field of 33 puts you in a position to maybe win the 500. If anyone deserved to win at Indy it was Roberto Guerrero but we all know how Indy wrote that and then almost claimed his life a few months afterwards.

Yeah, so he is

Phoenixent
8th June 2012, 21:59
Yeah, so he is

So is he WHAT? Who is? No one deserves to win Indy they all have to work at it. It just not handed out like candy because he shows up and smile nicely....