tsarcasm
27th March 2007, 23:40
Eddie Griffin is responsible..

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/27/people.eddiegriffin.ap/index.html

Ruben Barrios
27th March 2007, 23:49
Video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PC_WMchUo

Here's another one (some time ago)... how many to go? 398?

http://jalopnik.com/cars/news/more-on-the-enzo-incident-on-pch-with-photos-156121.php

RaceFanStan
28th March 2007, 01:57
The owner of the rare Ferrari has to be heart-broken. :s
He probably is asking himself, "What was I thinking letting someone else drive my Ferrari ?" http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/ooo.gif

SOD
28th March 2007, 02:03
tha is funny :laugh:

dont_be_jack
28th March 2007, 02:43
I saw that and immediately began to tear up a bit...

CarlMetro
28th March 2007, 09:08
So the owner lends a rare, exclusive Ferrari to a numbnuts so that he can practice for a race, on a track surrounded by concrete barriers? Deserves to loose the car then, how dumb can you get :rolleyes:

janneppi
28th March 2007, 09:21
Thank goodnes the guy walked out of it ok, and that it was only an Enzo and not a good one like a F40. :)

Erki
28th March 2007, 10:34
Thank goodnes the guy walked out of it ok, and that it was only an Enzo and not a good one like a F40. :)

Exactly my thinking. :)

SEATFreak
28th March 2007, 17:57

Only an Enzo? :s hock: So, you have driven an Enzo then? You know that a difference between an Enzo and an F40, a difference that makes the Enzo inferior, exists?

Do tell. What makes such a beautiful and futuristic looking car as the Enzo so inferior to the F40? Furthermore please don't say it's actually ugly. Don't be like Jeremy Clarkson and call cars ugly with no basis as to why or specifying what the critria is for determinng the ugly from the pretty.

Frankly does any inferiority the Enzo have matter? It is still a terrible shame when an expensive super/sports car gets written off.

I am a fan of Ferrari. They are all very fast beautiful cars to me.

janneppi
28th March 2007, 18:13
Enzo is ugly, i won't believe anyone who claims otherwise to have any sense of beauty whatsoever. Is it fast, yes, is it good to drive most likely, does it have loads of purposefulness in it, you bet, it's still uglier than Enzo Ferraris rotten corpse in it's worst form. It's too angular, it's has the utterly stupid F1 stule nose tip and most importantly it reminds me of a German with an oddly pointy chin.

F40 is a super car from my childhood, just that single reason makes anything you say invalid. ;)

And Clarkson is a big fat idiot.

sonic_roadhog
28th March 2007, 18:18
Ha ha ha ha. I have sooo much sympathy :D Thats gonna make me smile for days.

XSARA
29th March 2007, 05:13
... and most importantly it reminds me of a German with an oddly pointy chin.

Hmmmm...now who could that be?

:p :D

harsha
29th March 2007, 09:44
this is funny :D

Daniel
29th March 2007, 09:54
Enzo is ugly, i won't believe anyone who claims otherwise to have any sense of beauty whatsoever. Is it fast, yes, is it good to drive most likely, does it have loads of purposefulness in it, you bet, it's still uglier than Enzo Ferraris rotten corpse in it's worst form. It's too angular, it's has the utterly stupid F1 stule nose tip and most importantly it reminds me of a German with an oddly pointy chin.

F40 is a super car from my childhood, just that single reason makes anything you say invalid. ;)

And Clarkson is a big fat idiot.
So true :)

555-04Q2
29th March 2007, 11:34
What a w@nker :down:

Daniel
29th March 2007, 12:36
Why is he a w@nker? For making a driving error? :confused:

SEATFreak
30th March 2007, 13:09
F40 is a super car from my childhood, just that single reason makes anything you say invalid.

I think that last part after childhood was a little uncecessary. That part has deeply upset and hurt me

Invalid? I find it sad you are the kind of person to have that much disregard for someones comment.

Look, the 80's is my era too. I directly associate cars like the 308's, the Testarossa and the F40 with my childhood. But I think I am able to appreciate and accept everything regardless of any faults it may have. Just like with people.

I can guarantee you will be so much happier if you began to tollerate and accept more. :up:

pvtjoker
30th March 2007, 13:57
The rumor is it was a set-up to promote this guy's movie. Notice the photographer doesn't even flinch when the driver hits the wall in front of him.

In any case, its a shame to see such a beautiful car destroyed.

CarlMetro
30th March 2007, 18:05
That part has deeply upset and hurt me

Oh for christsakes grow up, you're 30 not 13! :rolleyes:

Don't take every damn comment someone makes about one of your posts as some horrendous personal attack, it's becoming very boring and more than just a little predictable.

Daniel
30th March 2007, 20:34

Don't take every damn comment someone makes about one of your posts as some horrendous personal attack, it's becoming very boring and more than just a little predictable.
Hear hear!!!!!!

Roamy
31st March 2007, 00:33
some people are just not Ferrari material!!!

SEATFreak
31st March 2007, 09:18

Hear hear!!!!!!

:uhoh: :down: :down:

some people are just not Ferrari material!!!

janeppi or me? Becaue I think the 250GTO is possibly the most hiddeous of them all but I rekon I would snap your hand of to have it over a Ford Mondeo whether the GTO is ugly or not.

R. Mears
31st March 2007, 09:54
Griffin's a complete IDIOT. He wouldn't have been unscathed if that was my car.

tony_yeboah
31st March 2007, 11:23
i concur, what a pleb.

whats worse? writing off an enzo or a veyron?

Erki
31st March 2007, 14:51
i concur, what a pleb.

They should do a demolition derby with an Enzo and a Veyron. :up:

This reminds me that "smash my PS3" thing... doesn't sound that stupid if that PS3 was replace with Enzo or Veyron. :)

Daniel
31st March 2007, 14:58
:uhoh: :down: :down:

janeppi or me? Becaue I think the 250GTO is possibly the most hiddeous of them all but I rekon I would snap your hand of to have it over a Ford Mondeo whether the GTO is ugly or not.
You need to stop thinking "everyone's out to get me!!!" :crazy:

LotusElise
31st March 2007, 17:09
I think everyone's either a Ferrari or a Porsche person, it's like being a dog or a cat person.
Ferraris don't do a great deal for me.

janneppi
31st March 2007, 17:36
I think that last part after childhood was a little uncecessary. That part has deeply upset and hurt me

Invalid? I find it sad you are the kind of person to have that much disregard for someones comment.

Look, the 80's is my era too. I directly associate cars like the 308's, the Testarossa and the F40 with my childhood. But I think I am able to appreciate and accept everything regardless of any faults it may have. Just like with people.

I can guarantee you will be so much happier if you began to tollerate and accept more. :up:
Surely that post was written tongue deep in your cheek?
Or perhaps you need to be more tolerant of people who don't agree with your views on things, especially with matters as unimportant as cars. :)

R. Mears
1st April 2007, 00:50
I think everyone's either a Ferrari or a Porsche person, it's like being a dog or a cat person.
Ferraris don't do a great deal for me.
I'm an american muscle car person, though I have to say I would take a Ferrari over a Porsche but a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera over both. :eek:

nik
1st April 2007, 02:16
Well atleast he's improved the looks of it. The Enzo is ugly, ugly, ugly!

SEATFreak
1st April 2007, 13:12

Good question.

Though I admit the Veyron edges it in the classy looks department and I am sure someone said, Jeremy Clarkson on TG once I think, the Veyron is the most expensive supercar of the lot, if you put the two together in the carpark at Sainbury's and those in the general public who are even less knowledgable about supercars than I (like they exist!) somehow those that do exist would have their eyes gravitate to the Enzo. Why? Because of a certain thing Ferarri may have called history.

The red paint and the prancing horse seem to speak tradition to those of us who love Ferarri. How many of you can think of a Bugatti supercar with the fame of the Testarossa or the F40 or the Daytona? The only Bugatti I know of is the EB110.

LotusElise
1st April 2007, 13:39
The Bugatti T35 is one of my favourite ever cars. It dates from the 1930s. At that time, any Bugatti was THE racing/sports car to have.

Erki
1st April 2007, 13:41
I would take a Lambo Murcielago.

I think the Ferrari 430 is pretty nice though.

viper_man
1st April 2007, 15:41
Definately a shame, what an idiot.

But Im not as gutted about it as I would be if it were any other supercar. The Enzo is one of the supercars that just doesnt do anything for me. It just comes across as a bit stale, if you get my meaning.

Malbec
1st April 2007, 18:24

A few months ago my friends and I noticed an Enzo parked next to an old school GT40, the former in scarlet, the latter in blue. And you know what? We all gave the Enzo a quick glance, and ended up encircling the GT40 studying all its details for what seemed like ages.

The Enzo just isn't uber-desirable, it doesn't feel special unless you're a Ferrari fanatic. I don't doubt its fantastic to drive either, but it does very little for me.

Anyway, when I saw those vids my first reaction was - what the hell are they doing with those concrete barriers inches away from the 'track'? They were begging for trouble.

555-04Q2
2nd April 2007, 07:52
Why is he a w@nker? For making a driving error? :confused:

Yebo Gogo. I called myself the same thing when I put my old Mazda into a lamp post :p :