PDA

View Full Version : Hello From A New Racing Fan

GearGuy
27th March 2007, 23:19
Hi. I am a new racing fan. I enjoy browsing forums to get the dirt, underground scoop, or for sharing ideas. I am thinking of starting a small racing company. I am single. I am a software company owner. I don't own a race car....but I just bought Skip Barbers book and Ross Bentleys book.(driving technique)maybe a car is working its way down.

You'll find me in ALMS, IRL, and any other open street/or complex track forums. I am really considering forming a company so I might ask lots of questions. Gives the phrase getting up to speed...a new pun. See you here soon. Dave "GearGuy"

Mark in Oshawa
2nd April 2007, 07:04
Gear Guy, welcome to the forums. Prepare to debate, defend your ideals and maybe disagree with people, but take it in the spirit of learning, take it in and learn about race fans. One thing you will find, they will have their own opinions. What kind of racing are you really turned on by? I take it you are a sportscar or OW road racing kind of guy? Just curious.

Anyhow, stick around, and don't let people disagreeing with you be a personal thing. Some people on here including me sometimes get carried away in our debating the opposition, but by no means should you take it personally.....and if you agree, well hell, that is a bonus!