PDA

View Full Version : Qingdao track layout!

heliocastroneves#3
8th May 2012, 18:15
Just browsed on the race schedule at IndyCar.com and saw a Streets of Qingdao track layout!

Streets of Qingdao (http://www.indycar.com/Schedule/2012/IZOD-IndyCar-Series/Streets-of-Qingdao)

The race is probably going to be called "Indy Qingdao 600". Sounds quite nice I think. The track looks very good as well. :)

00steven
9th May 2012, 04:07
If that in fact is the layout, it looks quite promising. A few good passing zones and long straights.

Mark in Oshawa
13th May 2012, 16:25
Interesting of course...but going to China to me is a bit of a gamble. That said, if the the expedition pays for itself and maybe creates some business and demand for the series there, then an Asian swing might not be a bad thing. Dunno, just know the series has to not be in the red further for a Chinese trip...

As for the track, well it looks promising...

FIAT1
17th May 2012, 13:37
I don't know why is so difficult for me to be interested in this race, but could care less. I think RA would be much better for Indycar and a fans.

heliocastroneves#3
17th May 2012, 15:51
Agree with you FIAT1. For next year there are rumors flying about races being held in Austin, Portland, Road America, Phoenix International Raceway, Pocono Raceway, Richmond International Raceway, Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez and I believe a few others. Let's hope Road America will be on the IndyCar schedule next year or in 2014 at least. :)

heliocastroneves#3
17th May 2012, 17:16
Lets hope they will find a promoter for this race then

FIAT1
17th May 2012, 18:21
RA would be a great venue for a race. And as soon as the track steps up with a proposal to pay the sanctioning fee and promote the race I'm sure they'll have one. The ball is in their court and not IndyCar's.

Ok.I did not know that. Thanks.

ChicagocrewIRL
19th May 2012, 12:59
The hairpin looks line an extended middle finger

Marbles
20th May 2012, 14:11
The hairpin looks line an extended middle finger

LOL, "flippin' the bird" was the first thing I thought when I saw it. I could care less if they race in China but since they're heading out that way they might as well go back to Australia!

And yes, I'd probably rather see them at RA than anywhere else they are currently NOT running.