PDA

View Full Version : Rally pics

ausmopho
4th May 2012, 06:57
Hi all newb here just like to direct all to have a look at my website for rally action in the land of oz. www.ausmotophoto.com.au (http://www.ausmotophoto.com.au) all pics are for sale.

N.O.T
4th May 2012, 16:02
hmmm what am i supposed to do now ??

ausmopho
8th May 2012, 12:33
this is where you have a look and you buy some prints

ausmopho
8th May 2012, 22:39
interesting as the image on my website thanks for visiting by the way is untouched by photoshop it is exactly as it came off the camera.

ausmopho
9th May 2012, 05:41
constructive criticsm is always welcome arogant comments from purists like our belgium fried are not is it any wonder the germans lost the war a country full of arrogant pricks who think their **** dont stink. Personally i have viewed his work and while it is good it's not spectacular. I freely admit there are times that I use photoshop this is not one of them.

N.O.T
9th May 2012, 10:32
since when this forum is used for commercial purposes...close the thread...especially for rude people.

janvanvurpa
9th May 2012, 15:34
constructive criticsm is always welcome arogant comments from purists like our belgium fried are not is it any wonder the germans lost the war a country full of arrogant pricks who think their **** dont stink. Personally i have viewed his work and while it is good it's not spectacular. I freely admit there are times that I use photoshop this is not one of them.

4 posts here and you begin insulting people?

Perhaps you forgot that you played with that photo, it DOES look "manipulated" and draws attention to itself with the curiosities.

That's neither here nor there.

What we have to wonder is who the hell you think you are to attck a PERSON and their origin, when they make a commont on a lousy snapshot..

You over 16 years old?
Or drunk?

Relax. You'll live longer.

N.O.T
9th May 2012, 16:27
close the thread and sent this guy back to his cave...

and delete the thread afterwards...

sell your pictures at e-bay...and good luck with that...LOL

Langdale Forest
9th May 2012, 17:52
close the thread and sent this guy back to his cave...

and delete the thread afterwards...

sell your pictures at e-bay...and good luck with that...LOL

Surley where he lives it is better than Greece....

tolis
9th May 2012, 18:10
For sure he doesn't have the beauty and the history Greece has...

Langdale Forest
9th May 2012, 18:13
For sure he doesn't have the beauty and the history Greece has...

Surley they don't cause other countries to go into reccesion like Greece does....

nafpaktos
9th May 2012, 18:32
OF course my friend.People from all over the world are working all the year just to come in Greece for few days but we live here all the year( 300 days of the year sunlight),so maybe it's not that bad.Of course we have some problems but we will get over it.Financial problems cannot make one of the most beutiful countries in the world a bad place to live..I stop the conversation here because if i talk with a stupid person he will win me because he will drag me to his level and he win me because he is very experinced in that level.KISSES

N.O.T
9th May 2012, 19:49

well this is not really an accomplishment... 70% of countries are better than Greece.

I cannot see the connection though between trying to sell his pictures with the fact that Oz is better than Greece...

speedhog
25th May 2012, 05:02
As some who uses a decent camera for motorsport purposes, i can tell you that photo isn't touched by photoshop.
Not everything on the internet has been photoshopped people.

Ausmopho, whats the f. stop and focal length on the above photo?

speedhog
25th May 2012, 16:46
The topicstarter isn't active on the forum anymore, as it seems he can't accept any comments.
Bugger!

Also there is no EXIF-file in the photo anymore, so that will not explain anything either.
I don't post my metadata either. Due to the fact I like my photo's shot in RAW format, Can't be arsed with adapting them to jpeg's

For example "Icepeak" is unsharp and "Abu Dhabi", just above is sharp. Both texts are at same distance from the objective... If you say the photo is untouched, please explain me how you get that result... I take photos on rallies in and around Belgium for 5 years now, having had Nikon and Canon, and several lenses, I never had such a result...
Actually "Icepeak" and "Abu Dhabi" are not the exact same distance from the camera. I shoot with a Nikon D7000 currently, and have used a F70 (when I was starting) and a F5. with varing len's.
The single focus point is actually under the bonnet pin giving the look of the front end is the focus point. By using a large Fstop (i'd say with that around the 2.8 maybe even a fixed 2, with a 500mm lens the depth of field is reduced and makes it easier for the blurring effect. Hence why the right side of the car is blurred more than the left.
Thats my opinion anyway. ( In other words, I'm not looking for a crap fight, just trying to give the guy a chance to redeem himself. ;) )

Not too sure I like the photo, because of two things....1, Its a Ford. and 2, I perfer my shots to have the whole car in focus.

speedhog
25th May 2012, 17:12
If you say the depth of field is so small ( the difference between Abu Dhabi on the bumper and Icepeak on the bumper is maximum 10cm), "Abu Dhabi" on the windscreen (at least 1m from the bonnet pins) should be unsharp too... - Anyway, that's what I think about it, no need to keep discussing this. Never seen a 500mm f/2.8 lens by the way, not even talking about f/2. ;) By using a teleconvertor ;)

A personal question now. What are the advantages of shooting RAW for you? I tried it once but it didn't make a real difference, only that I needed 3x as much memory as usual. :(
I also take other kinds of photo's and do HDR's and Long exposure's. So to combine them in jpeg to be crystal doesn't always bring out the best solution for me. Jpeg's compression bugs me a bit... Yea it does use more memory, but I haven't managed to fill 32gb's in one day, lol

speedhog
25th May 2012, 17:34
Yeap.. early morning is effecting me terribly, my simple maths skill have been shot.. need caffine or sleep. lol. F2.8 2x convert with a 300mm lens = F5.6 and 600mm *bangs head on wall.. my bad.. :s
I enjoy taking the arty types of photos as something different experimental for me. I got into photography for motorsport. lol.
Sounds like you need some bigger memory cards :D

13th June 2013, 06:35
I would like to say you here that exciting as the picture on my web page thanks for viewing by the way is unchanged by Photoshop it is exactly as it came off the photographic camera........