PDA

View Full Version : Mayfield gives up.

Lee Roy
30th April 2012, 22:38
Looks like Mayfield is giving up his lawsuit against NASCAR. I hope it's the first step on his road to recovery.

Jayski'sŪ NASCAR Silly Season Site - NASCAR Sprint Cup News Page (http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm)

Mayfield giving up on lawsuit against NASCAR: Jeremy Mayfield said Monday he likely will not pursue any additional appeals in his lawsuit against NASCAR over a May 2009 drug test the sanctioning body said was positive for methamphetamines. Mayfield has until June 25 to file an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, but he said Monday he likely will move on from the case that has lasted nearly three years. The lawsuit started less than a month after the May 1 drug test, which Mayfield claims was a false positive for the prescription medication Adderall and the over-the-counter allergy medication Claritin D. A U.S. District Court judge ruled in favor of NASCAR in January 2010 before the case ever went to trial. The U.S. Court of Appeals upheld that ruling in March. "We're probably going to move on," Mayfield said. "They won on a technicality, a paper I had to sign to participate." Mayfield was speaking after a court appearance in North Carolina Superior Court in Caldwell County. He faces four felony larceny charges stemming from a Feb. 27 indictment that states he was in possession of stolen goods. The case was continued until Sept. 10. Mayfield would not blame NASCAR for what was scheduled to happen later Monday-as a result of foreclosure, his property in Catawba County is scheduled for auction Monday afternoon. He said he plans to move once the sale is finalized.

00steven
1st May 2012, 01:04
Hopefully he can try to turn around his life, the lawsuit was a waste of time anyway.

Sparky1329
1st May 2012, 06:17
He's broke and broken. His house went for $1.7 mil at auction this afternoon and he's a mess. It's very sad.

call_me_andrew
11th May 2012, 02:08
Well now it got worse!

Jeremy Mayfield ordered to pay $1 million for dogs (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/jeremy-mayfield-ordered-pay-1-million-pit-bull-134636842.html)

slorydn1
11th May 2012, 08:17
See this is one thing I have a real problem with, the one thing I will stand by Methfield on. Here in NC most counties do not have leash laws (my county is one of those). Usually certain municipalities do. Methfield lives (or should I say lived) in the middle of nowhere, on posted land. Someone gets bit after passing all those signs that says beware of dog and no trespassing and expects to be paid. What the mail carrier should have done was to have brought the package back to the post office after leaving a note in his mailbox telling him to come get his oversized package in "x" amount of days or it will be returned to sender. That's what a reasonable and prudent person would have done, anyway. Instead he trespasses on Methfields property and gets injured, and now expects to be paid above and beyond his injuries <slo scratches head>. How about stayin' pff the man's property and avoiding the injury to begin with.

Lee Roy
11th May 2012, 16:49
See this is one thing I have a real problem with, the one thing I will stand by Methfield on. Here in NC most counties do not have leash laws (my county is one of those). Usually certain municipalities do. Methfield lives (or should I say lived) in the middle of nowhere, on posted land. Someone gets bit after passing all those signs that says beware of dog and no trespassing and expects to be paid. What the mail carrier should have done was to have brought the package back to the post office after leaving a note in his mailbox telling him to come get his oversized package in "x" amount of days or it will be returned to sender. That's what a reasonable and prudent person would have done, anyway. Instead he trespasses on Methfields property and gets injured, and now expects to be paid above and beyond his injuries <slo scratches head>. How about stayin' pff the man's property and avoiding the injury to begin with.

Maybe, but if the post office did that very often, you'd see all the articles in the paper about how the Post Office won't deliver packages. Everyone would be claiming that "my little preciouses would never hurt anyone".

People who keep dogs who do things like Mayfield's dogs did deserve to get sued when their dogs attack and I love to read about them being sued.