PDA

View Full Version : No Klein Tools ???

ChicagocrewIRL
27th March 2007, 15:46
What happened to the Klein Tools sponsorship over at AGR ? I didn't hear or see any announcements or news about them pulling out. Anyone know ? I guess that's why Jonathan Klein isn't running IPS this year. The tool business must not be doing so well ?????

beachgirl
28th March 2007, 02:46
In December of 2006, Jonathan's father, Richard T. Klein, Jr., was ousted as Chairman of the Board of Klein Tools by the other Board members (which included his brother). It was reported at the time that this little hostile internal takeover would probably put an end to any racing sponsorships, at least for the time being. Lawsuits on both sides within the company have followed. The report came from Crain's Chicago Business.

ChicagocrewIRL
28th March 2007, 04:17
Thanks Beachgirl.

That sheds a lot of light on what happened. Is Jonathan Klein still actively pursuing a driving career or has he gone off to college to join the real world ?

HiWayStar
28th March 2007, 05:36
...Thought I saw Klein Tools as a sponsor on 1 of the ALMS cars...

...just checked, & they are on the Intersport Racing LMP1 entry...small logo, probably an associate sponsorship...

grungex
28th March 2007, 20:50
The Klein Tools website has quite a few references to ALMS, but not a word about AGR/IRL.
http://www.kleintools.com/

Click on Klein Performance or Events.

beachgirl
29th March 2007, 04:36
I would imagine that some type of associate sponsorship agreement in ALMS has got to be a lot less expensive than a full sponsorship at AGR/IRL.

weeflyonthewall
31st March 2007, 02:47
I would imagine that some type of associate sponsorship agreement in ALMS has got to be a lot less expensive than a full sponsorship at AGR/IRL.

Likely more of a product contingency deal than writing a big fat check to AGR.