PDA

View Full Version : SCSA update

Duane
10th December 2006, 00:11
Hi all, instead of answering each thread I felt it would be better to do it in one

Currently there are 17 cars that have provisionally confirmed, I could name them but it’s up to each team to make their announcements, some are new teams as well as the established ones, in the last two weeks some exciting enquiries have been made that could easily see us into the 20’s.

The key to some of the grid numbers is TV, talks are well underway

Our first meeting will be April 29th, 1 week after the BTCC round, the dates on the SCSA web site should not change

We are currently looking at the Autosport show with two options at our disposal.

How long will the SCSA last??? I am often told that I am too optimistic, well the above is what I know to be true but it could change, I know more that cannot be said, but we have to much interest for it not to workout for SCSA.

We do need drivers/teams, series sponsor, race sponsor’s, rookie of the year sponsor and a pit stop crew of the year sponsor and we are talking to such sponsors but it is on a first come first served basis so if anyone is reading this and are also interested they should contact me at duane@revolutionracing.co.uk (duane@revolutionracing.co.uk).

Risky strategy? No just trying to get the job done.

Hope that helps.

Duane

Duane
10th December 2006, 00:13
oops that dont look to good

SkidCarrera
10th December 2006, 00:18
Never did get the hang of modern technology did you mate...? God help us if they bring in data logging to SCSA...hehe

Jamie Brown
10th December 2006, 00:19
no it does look to good but i can still read it :=)

Jamie Brown
10th December 2006, 00:20
o hi skid remember me i was the kid at MORT

Duane
10th December 2006, 00:20
cheers Skid, looks like your first season with us, he,he

SkidCarrera
10th December 2006, 00:33
It's like one of those tests at the psychiatrist where he shows you a random series of blobs and asks you what you see in it.

It could actually catch on as a way of communicating in private groups so no-one else can understand what we're on about.

corbygal
10th December 2006, 01:58
Looking good for the year then. I've got my fingers crossed for a TV deal (and a possible work experience with it too ;) )

JDPower
10th December 2006, 03:58
Translated:

"Hi all, instead of answering each thread I felt it would be better to do it in one.

Currently there are 17 cars that have provisionally confirmed, I could name them but it’s up to each team to make their announcements, some are new teams as well as the established ones, in the last two weeks some exciting enquiries have been made that could easily see us into the 20’s.

The key to some of the grid numbers is TV, talks are well underway.

Our first meeting will be April 29th, 1 week after the BTCC round, the dates on the SCSA web site should not change.

We are currently looking at the Autosport show with two options at our disposal.

How long will the SCSA last??? I am often told that I am too optimistic, well the above is what I know to be true but it could change, I know more that cannot be said, but we have to much interest for it not to workout for SCSA.

We do need drivers/teams, series sponsor, race sponsor’s, rookie of the year sponsor and a pit stop crew of the year sponsor and we are talking to such sponsors but it is on a first come first served basis so if anyone is reading this and are also interested they should contact me at [email:32oqqrcu]duane@revolutionracing.co.uk[/email:32oqqrcu]

Risky strategy? No just trying to get the job done.

Hope that helps.
Duane"

scubie
10th December 2006, 12:13
Great news, looking forward to the new season.

Jamie Brown
10th December 2006, 13:53
well at least we have had a lot of good news recently!

Speedworx
10th December 2006, 15:11
Hope to see you at ASI :)

racing59
10th December 2006, 15:39
Dek, is the SCSA/Rockingham having a stand at Autosport?

And as I understand it, the BTCC date doesn't affect the existing Rockingham "Thundersunday" dates.

They're using a "Spare" date/weekend.

JDPower
10th December 2006, 18:07
Dek, is the SCSA/Rockingham having a stand at Autosport?

And as I understand it, the BTCC date doesn't affect the existing Rockingham "Thundersunday" dates.

They're using a "Spare" date/weekend.
Lost your glasses Rob?:

Our first meeting will be April 29th, 1 week after the BTCC round, the dates on the SCSA web site should not change.

Duane
10th December 2006, 20:16
Cheers JD, i really didnt realise pasting from Word would do that.

Rumors do more harm than good so if i can keep one step ahead of them i will, if anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them.

Duane

Dave17
10th December 2006, 21:13
As an aside on this thread, support races for the 18th Aug meeting will be EERC Production S1 and Brit sports. Another positive step with the BRSCC bringing to major national championships rounds to the Rock as support.

Chigley
10th December 2006, 23:47
As an aside on this thread, support races for the 18th Aug meeting will be EERC Production S1 and Brit sports. Another positive step with the BRSCC bringing to major national championships rounds to the Rock as support.

Is this the Britcar limpet found a new series to attach itself to!

turn 4 mad
11th December 2006, 00:42
Rumors do more harm than good so if i can keep one step ahead of them i will, if anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer them.

Duane[/QUOTE]

Duane, do you think i can have the day off tomorrow?
dont you answer your emails?
why are we letting you loose on the truck with cutting equipment when you cant even type?
why am i the only one at the unit for the last 2 saturdays to find it locked?
is there no chance of scsa being invited to oval fest 07?
can you tell me the lottery numbers for next week?
i will think of some ore and ask you in person this week!

Duane
11th December 2006, 07:40
hi T4mad,
ive not had an email from you,
im good with cutting gear its alot easier than laptops......
not at the unit as i was with prospective sponsors at the end of the week as well as the fire service.
we are at the Ovalfest, its the SCSA season finale.
2,7,11,12,31 are the car numbers within lottery range we have run your age 49, use them if you like.............lol
when you think of somr ore, you know where i am

oh and as a gasmanandy you should be busy this time of the year so do some work, no time off for now mate, but it will soon be Christmas.

later mate, Duane

pickup
11th December 2006, 11:13

What is EERC production S1 and Brit sports? i've never heard of it. I've heard of Brit car is it anything to do with that? I hope it's not one of these series with 16 cars in four different classes. Surely if they are major championships i would have heard about them.

FRWW
11th December 2006, 15:35
2,7,11,12,31 are the car numbers within lottery range we have run your age 49, use them if you like.............lol

I'll pee my sides Duane if those lottery numbers come up, I might just give it a go for a laugh !!! xx

Fay x

JDPower
11th December 2006, 18:28
What is EERC production S1 and Brit sports? i've never heard of it. I've heard of Brit car is it anything to do with that? I hope it's not one of these series with 16 cars in four different classes.
Looks like it. I found their website, a bit low on info but theres some here:

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1

Hopefully if they're long races they'll be on the saturday :\

mbr
11th December 2006, 18:46
Great news Duane keep up the good work! Looks like we have a great season in the making.As for the EERC i have been to see these a few times and there is some good racing and exotic machinery.Also Kevin Clarke races a V8 BMW in one of their series.Keep the good news coming.

mickholly
11th December 2006, 22:56
Also Kevin Clarke races a V8 BMW in one of their series.Keep the good news coming.

We are now running a new BMW GTR in the Britcar GT class #78 so watch out for Kevin in that. First time out 2nd overall 1st in class in the day and night race

http://www.msttiming.com/result.asp?table=64663rc1bce&round=brandsindy.gif

http://www.msttiming.com/result.asp?table=64663rc2bce&round=brandsindy.gif

See you all soon
Mick

pickup
11th December 2006, 23:43
Looks like it. I found their website, a bit low on info but theres some here:

http://www.eerc.co.uk/cms/e107_plugins/wrap/wrap.php?1

Hopefully if they're long races they'll be on the saturday :\

Thanks for that i'm a bit wiser now although it says the v8's race in the v8 supercar challenge is this part of productions s1 and britcar or something different that we wont see?
It seems a bit vague for something that is a major championship!
Is that the car that Kevin changed the spec to a v8? i seem to remember reading something about that in motorsport news. Do they only run endurance type races?

pickup
12th December 2006, 00:14
Looks like i wasn't far out, just checked that MST result site five different classes!

acorn
12th December 2006, 11:58
Thanks for that i'm a bit wiser now although it says the v8's race in the v8 supercar challenge is this part of productions s1 and britcar or something different that we wont see?
It seems a bit vague for something that is a major championship!
Is that the car that Kevin changed the spec to a v8? i seem to remember reading something about that in motorsport news. Do they only run endurance type races?

if you read the newspage you find that from '07 britcar, production s1 and britsports have gained championship status(because they are established, although the numbers for the last 2 rounds weren't exactly sparkling imho). v8s are currently a fledgling SERIES.

looking at the provisional dates for next year the rockingham date gives 2x20min for prod s1 and 1x50min for britsports, britcar not scheduled for rockingham. the other races throughout the year vary between 2x20 mins(mainly for prod s1) and 4hours(with non championship 24hr thrown in for good measure)

Reynard
12th December 2006, 15:03
I've been to a few Britcar meetings, mainly at Snetterton but also last year's Willhire at Silverstone. The basic concept is good, but as a spectator (not got my photography hat on for these) it doesn't really float my boat.

My impression is that the whole EERC ethos is aimed at the driver rather than the spectator, maximising track time etc, but the overall races are hard to follow and the fields can get very strung out. After seeing a race last year, where four cars circulated around for about an hour (they lost two at the start) I figured that personally, I'm inclined to maybe come back to this series in a year or two and give it another look.

I think there is a very big difference between race series that are spectator-orientated such as SCSA, Legends & Hot Rods and those that are aimed purely with the driver in mind. That's even without taking into account the stuff that's best watched on TV e.g. F1 & BTCC...

pickup
12th December 2006, 17:09
"I figured that personally, I'm inclined to maybe come back to this series in a year or two and give it another look."
The trouble is that they are supporting the SCSA package next year and i'm not to sure this is a good enough spectator friendly package. As you said it seems to be aimed more at the driver and could be difficult for people to follow. Don't the BRSCC run any series ( one class ) with a good number of cars and closer racing that would be more entertaining along the Thunder Sunday style of entertainment, apart from the super sillouhettes which provide better racing but are still low on numbers.( after saying in 2005 that the series was going to produce similar numbers to the pickups next season )

Abo
12th December 2006, 17:33
Stock Hatches? Maybe we can see that video guy :P

Dave17
12th December 2006, 17:37
....... but the overall races are hard to follow and the fields can get very strung out.

No problem there then, we'll be able to follow progress on the scoring tower! http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/edoom/theyareontome.gif

Dave17
12th December 2006, 17:39
Double post. I'll get the hang of this forum lark with a bit more practice!

pickup
12th December 2006, 17:40
Stock Hatches? Maybe we can see that video guy :P

Yeah something along those lines, lots of cars lots of action give the crowd something to cheer about. I think our video guy would be worth some extra applause. ( especially if he tried those antics at Rockingham )

ready2rock
12th December 2006, 21:30
What is EERC production S1 and Brit sports? i've never heard of it. I've heard of Brit car is it anything to do with that? I hope it's not one of these series with 16 cars in four different classes. Surely if they are major championships i would have heard about them.

Brit sports are things such as the Radicals and othe similar models

LessThanSte
13th December 2006, 01:25
especially if he tried those antics at Rockingham

He'd pull off the circuit, steam down to the gates, blast through the industrial estate and get lost before finding the other entrance, guaranteed.

Could always resort to doing donuts in the car park.

Which reminds me, my cousin came to a race last year and, when pulling into the carpark behind me, yanked the handbrake and parked at approximately 60 degrees to the direction every other car was facing. The resulting 20 foot skidmarks where a thing of beauty (if only i had my camera!)

racing59
19th December 2006, 00:41
Sadly, the V8 Supercars series is dead in the eyes of James Tucker, the top man at the EERC. There is a possibility - slight - of it returning in some other guise.

The Production S1 races will be 2 x 20min IIRC. Britcar is the endurance series - which is not coming to the Rock this year.
Prod S1 is usually well supported, with good sized grids. Having championship status for the first time will see if it grows further.

I'm still hoping to run my other car (I have to say 'other' these days) in some shorter Britcar races, once I have it sorted. And IF the V8 Supercar series gets off the ground, in that.

Priority 1, of course, is being at Rockingham for rounds 1 & 2.... and so-on...

Yes, it's nice to see more "major" championships on the Thunder Sunday support bill.

Rob.

Dave17
19th December 2006, 22:15
Yes, it's nice to see more "major" championships on the Thunder Sunday support bill.

Rob.

Looks like its only me and thee that are relishing the Prod S1's comming to the Rock Rob!

tdb
20th December 2006, 00:16
Looks like its only me and thee that are relishing the Prod S1's comming to the Rock Rob!

Well i think the more different formulae that come to Rockingham the better, it helps keep the venue alive and adds variety to the whole package!

Maybe if they change the name to "Production Entertaining S1" maybe Pickup will stop bleating about how nothing is good enough! ;)

pickup
20th December 2006, 01:30
I've been to a few Britcar meetings, mainly at Snetterton but also last year's Willhire at Silverstone. The basic concept is good, but as a spectator (not got my photography hat on for these) it doesn't really float my boat.

My impression is that the whole EERC ethos is aimed at the driver rather than the spectator, maximising track time etc, but the overall races are hard to follow and the fields can get very strung out. After seeing a race last year, where four cars circulated around for about an hour (they lost two at the start) I figured that personally, I'm inclined to maybe come back to this series in a year or two and give it another look.

I think there is a very big difference between race series that are spectator-orientated such as SCSA, Legends & Hot Rods and those that are aimed purely with the driver in mind. That's even without taking into account the stuff that's best watched on TV e.g. F1 & BTCC...

Well tdb looks like it's not just me "bleating" i am joined by another soul really impressed with EERC and he's actually seen it, you seem to have forgotten to mention him!

acorn
20th December 2006, 11:41
Well tdb looks like it's not just me "bleating" i am joined by another soul really impressed with EERC and he's actually seen it, you seem to have forgotten to mention him!

unless witty's had gender reassignment recently i think you'll find reynard is actually a SHE!!

pickup
20th December 2006, 11:45
Sincere appologies to Reynard (or is it witty?) i'm not to familiar with who's who publicly.

inamo
20th December 2006, 12:32
Production S1's aren't so bad really, they've got a decent amount of variety, and had some really good races at the end of the year.

Abo
20th December 2006, 13:52
unless witty's had gender reassignment recently i think you'll find reynard is actually a SHE!!

A strapadictamy?

mikiec
20th December 2006, 16:46
A strapadictamy?

I believe that is the medical term, yes.

Perhaps Witty can confirm either way? :)

SteveA
20th December 2006, 20:49
Perhaps Witty can confirm either way?

That would explain it!

Reynard
20th December 2006, 22:58
Sincere appologies to Reynard (or is it witty?) i'm not to familiar with who's who publicly.

Ah, last I looked the plumbing was most definitely female! ;)

In real life, I am the very short female photographer with the two very large cameras... ;)

Chigley
20th December 2006, 23:09
the two very large cameras

Built in Telescopic lens???

:rotflmao:

pickup
20th December 2006, 23:43
Ah, last I looked the plumbing was most definitely female! ;)

I'll take your word for that!

In real life, I am the very short female photographer with the two very large cameras... ;)

I definately remember seeing you at Rockingham, next time i'll say hello.

Dave17
21st December 2006, 18:22

...and in the world of make believe pray tell??