PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Rosberg and Mercedes - breakthrough win!

jens
15th April 2012, 10:22
Congratulations! So finally it has been done! Rosberg has achieved his first ever win after how many races? 100+ for sure. First win for Mercedes GP after 57 years.

What can we expect from them in the future? For years Rosberg has been criticized for being an average driver, but hopefully with this win he has got the monkey off the back, proven a point, and can start utilizing his potential to the full by becoming a consistent front-runner.

Mercedes has had all kinds of issues after the buy-out of Brawn GP, but finally everything worked out brilliantly. Have they solved the tyre issues for all and Mercedes is going to be, incredibly, a front-runner and a title contender even for the rest of this year? Like McLaren-Mercedes suddenly started winning races in 2005 after a slow start to the season.

Garry Walker
15th April 2012, 10:26
I didn't think he had it in him, but he was very good today. Faster than MS sadly, but hopefully things will be back to normal come Bahrain.

Mercedes, until they have the qualifying advantage till others copy them, will certainly be probably the biggest contender for wins.

F1boat
15th April 2012, 10:29
Nico drove very well and prove doubters like me wrong! And I am very happy for him! Nothing better than to see a happy young man, who have fulfilled a dream :)

Tazio
15th April 2012, 10:50
http://s7.postimage.org/988jksrdn/RTL_Television_2012_04_15_10_40_18.jpg
Congrat's to Nico he really did surprise me.

ioan
15th April 2012, 11:00
Well done! Congratulations!
I am happy for them. No id they would really get their stuff together they might manage to get both cars on podium.

A Prost F1
15th April 2012, 11:14
Very happy for him, much deserved victory. The confidence gained from this race might propel him into a battle for the championship this year.

jens
15th April 2012, 11:26
Just remembered that as recently as after Malaysian GP we had a thread, where people were questioning whether Rosberg is any good.

I think years of watching F1 shall have taught a lot to F1 fans. And that F1 racing drivers are professionals and it can be unfair to prematurely write them off without understanding the situation. A lot in F1 depends on conditions, set of circumstances, car characteristics. Even if a driver is struggling, in an alternative situation he can flourish. Now in China it happened. A car in which Rosberg felt comfortable in, a car in which he could push without fearing that tyres collapse. And the result came. Let's see, what will the future bring. :)

Mark
15th April 2012, 12:04
Remember of course this is the same team, if not ownership that won both championships in 2009.

dj_bytedisaster
15th April 2012, 12:11
Brawn won in 2009 because at the start of the season they had a car that had almost a year of development in it with Honda having given up on their 2008 contender very early in the season, so comparing Brawn 2009 to Mercedes 2012 is comparing apples to oranges.
Nico always had it in him. Before this race he had already 33 lead laps at China alone and considering his record in junior formulae and good performances in mediocre cars most people knew that he wasn't exactly Slowpoke Rodriguez to begin with. The weather conditions, who were incredibly constant throughout the weekend were bang smack in the small range of temperatures at which Mercedes can make the tires work and Rosberg used that perfectly by not putting a wheel wrong once.

N4D13
15th April 2012, 13:13
Remember of course this is the same team, if not ownership that won both championships in 2009.
Also Renault was pretty much the same team in 2007 and 2008 that it was in 2005 and 2006, yet there was a massive difference in results and performance, wasn't it? Specially considering that Brawn was, in a certain manner, gifted both championship wins due to Honda developing its 2009 car during most of 2008.

steveaki13
15th April 2012, 15:13
I am happy for him.

He drove well today and got that all important first win. Alot of people questioned him over the years, but remember how Button waited a long time with no win and then improved dramatically.

As for Mercedes, they have the potential to maintain this level, the car has great Quali pace and has shown today the race pace can be there as well, so I think Mercedes are certainly in the championship hunt.

Shame about Michael today, beacause although he appeared slower at the start, he still could have finished on the podium, but it all bodes well for the team.

jens
15th April 2012, 16:40
Alot of people questioned him over the years, but remember how Button waited a long time with no win and then improved dramatically.

Interesting to note that both Rosberg and Button achieved their maiden GP win in their 7th F1 season.

Well, at least one thing has been made clear - Rosberg won't be a new Heidfeld by having a long career, but never winning.

F1boat
15th April 2012, 16:54
Interesting to note that both Rosberg and Button achieved their maiden GP win in their 7th F1 season.

Well, at least one thing has been made clear - Rosberg won't be a new Heidfeld by having a long career, but never winning.

And this is very nice, because a dedicated driver deserves a victory IMO. And I hope that more will follow :)

steveaki13
15th April 2012, 17:07
In the past people said that you needed experience in F1 to win races, but then Hamilton shook everyone up by going straight into a front running car and winning, then Vettel winning so many races early on.

Then in the last 2 seasons we have seen more older drivers return due to limited testing.

Now its clear you don't need a young gun or an experienced driver as such, you just need a fast one.

ArrowsFA1
15th April 2012, 17:12
It's taken a while for Nico but this was a thoroughly deserved win built on an outstanding pole position.

P3ws
15th April 2012, 17:28
Faster than MS sadly, but hopefully things will be back to normal come Bahrain.

Nico ahead of MS in Q and Race is the normal. At least the statistics tells us so.

fandango
15th April 2012, 17:40
I think it's great when a driver newly becomes a GP winner - congratulations to Nico, and Keke must be very proud.

I can count myself as one of the doubters of Rosberg, and today's race has gone a way towards silencing the doubts. But just a way: I don't think he would have won had it not been for the pitlane problems of Button and possibly even Schumacher.

Mark
15th April 2012, 19:40
I wouldn't say I doubted Rosberg more that he wasn't the radar all all. Quite anonymous; until today.

Jag_Warrior
15th April 2012, 21:26
I'm surprised that it's taken this long. From watching him (and liking him) in GP2, I was expecting the first victory to have come some time ago. But some of that I blame on poor strategy calls by Williams and not having "the car" later on. He (somehow) put on a brilliant qualifying performance and then followed it with a great, solid race drive. Great job, kid!!! :up:

driveace
15th April 2012, 23:02
Well done Nico ,I have good memories of being on the pit wall when the teams were down in Valencia over 3 years ago,when it was rumoured that you were to enter F1 .Long hair and a roll neck jumper and a big heavy winter coat,you stood 2 foot from me,I have the photo,s,and so good to see you have your 1st pole and race win.Well done !

EuroTroll
16th April 2012, 11:32
It's perhaps worth noting that Keke Rosberg is now the only GP winner who has seen his son win a GP. He must be a proud father after such a faultless performance from Nico.

Mark
16th April 2012, 19:25
Nico Rosberg has now also won the same number of races as his Dad did in his championship year.

P3ws
16th April 2012, 20:41
Nico Rosberg has now also won the same number of races as his Dad did in his championship year.

Will history repeat itself? 30y ago, 1 win yet champion...... Can it happen?

Tazio
16th April 2012, 21:55
Will history repeat itself? 30y ago, 1 win yet champion...... Can it happen?
No not with one win, there are considerably more races per season than when Keke won with one win. The odds are better for all competitors to pick up a win.

schmenke
16th April 2012, 22:41
1982 was a dreadful season with two deaths and was there not also at least one cancelled event? :s

tfp
16th April 2012, 23:35
Something me and a friend were discussing the other day. Apart from "the big 5" (as we call them, obviously meaning the RB drivers, mclaren drivers and fred) who was the lat to win a GP? Was it Rubens? Ah well, at least now the monotony of the big 5 winning all the time, thanks to britney, I knew he had it in him :cool:

Tazio
16th April 2012, 23:57
Something me and a friend were discussing the other day. Apart from "the big 5" (as we call them, obviously meaning the RB drivers, mclaren drivers and fred) who was the lat to win a GP? Was it Rubens? Ah well, at least now the monotony of the big 5 winning all the time, thanks to britney, I knew he had it in him :cool:

My guess would be Kimi, but that is only a guess.

Mia 01
17th April 2012, 09:21
Pole position and then race win, Nico deserved this win. Congrats Nico!

We will see if Nico can repeat this the coming weekend.

jens
17th April 2012, 13:50
In answer to above. Last "non-Top5" winner was Barrichello at Monza in 2009, just after Räikkönen the race before.

EuroTroll
17th April 2012, 16:45
In answer to above. Last "non-Top5" winner was Barrichello at Monza in 2009, just after Räikkönen the race before.

You're like a walking F1 encyclopedia, you are. :cool:

23rd April 2012, 12:00
Li Jian explained,Karen Millen Dresses (http://www.salekarenmillenonline.com/) strolling much more, these people concluded that any recovery process: the shoes or boots Sito Scarpe Hogan (http://www.scarpehogansito.com/) and also stockings away from, uncovered feet dried out for a time, let the feet relax, or perhaps bored to death Chanel Bags Outlet (http://www.outletchanelsales.com/) in the boot, painful pus bruises effortlessly. At nighttime, the particular alteration by appliance Kate Moss most hectic journey while using team of doctors, often for people to pick the actual bubble place consequently active evening.

23rd April 2012, 12:05
Li Jian mentioned,Karen Millen Dresses (http://www.salekarenmillenonline.com/) going for walks much more, these people figured the process of recovery: your shoes Sito Scarpe Hogan (http://www.scarpehogansito.com/) as well as socks away, blank ft dry for quite a while, allow the foot cool-down, or perhaps uninterested Chanel Bags Outlet (http://www.outletchanelsales.com/) in a footwear, irritated pus sores easily. At nighttime, the particular alteration by appliance Kate Moss busiest take a trip with the staff regarding physicians, usually for all of us to select your percolate encapsulate so hectic night time.

airshifter
23rd April 2012, 12:06
Alien spam attack reported. :)

30th April 2012, 09:24
Hello to human being on this bad forum. Include me offer myself. I am schoolmistress and i am event this website : diziler (http://www.yayinakisi.com) Waiting after all these friends. King Regards

30th April 2012, 09:27
Hello to everybody on this handsome forum. Take one's leave of to me advance myself. I am professional and i am event this website : dizi (http://www.yayinakisi.com) Waiting benefit of all these friends. Regards