PDA

View Full Version : Indy Car/F1 TV and the Masters

Nem14
14th April 2012, 20:49
Randy & Bernie,

Several years ago I, in effect, told the cable/satellite companies they could put their service up where the Sun never shines. It made zero sense to pay for 637 channel choices when I only really wanted access to 8 or so of the 637 channels offered. (A strange game! The only winning move is to not play. - Joshua)

I watched over-the-air TV, and increasingly found my entertainment online. It's been over a year since I last watched an over-the-air broadcast. I use my computer for entertainment now instead. (I always have a book of one kind or another in progress.)

Last weekend I watched the Masters online at masters.com, for free (save my monthly Internet access fee).

Masters.com provided 5 channels I could choose from: Selected Group 1, Selected Group 2, Amen Corner, holes 15 & 16, Masters-in-Depth.

There were no commercials, though the golfers had sponsor logos on their clothing, kind of like race car drivers and race cars.

You guy's need to keep a close eye out for paradigm shifts.

nigelred5
15th April 2012, 03:08
I know how you feel. Realistically, If I could pick 15 HD channels, get rid of all the equipment I rent from them, and drop the other 900+ channels I never watch, I'd be fine.

anthonyvop
15th April 2012, 03:58
I watch the vast majority of my races on-line. ALMS is kicking ass in that aspect in the USA.

IndyCar sadly is way behind because of their contracts.

Jag_Warrior
15th April 2012, 21:47
I would MUCH rather pay $50-$60/month to watch the 10-15 channels that I watch with any regularity, rather than $100/month to just receive 400+ channels (or however many it is) that I seldom watch or even hate. Because I have DirecTV, I can't receive Speed 2 yet. And because of my ISP, I can't get ESPN360. The over-air options where I live aren't that great either. But it would be fantastic news if Apple, Google, Amazon or just anybody could break the hold that cable and satellite companies have on content offerings. As long as I'm paying for it, what does it really matter if I'm paying Apple/Google/Amazon for an HBO subscription or DirecTV???

All I want are à la carte subscription options to go along with whatever online options might be out there.