PDA

View Full Version : Alesi to drive for Newman/Haas at Indy!

heliocastroneves#3
5th April 2012, 18:02
Newman/Haas drive for Alesi at Indy - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/newmanhaas-drive-for-alesi-at-indy/article/235292/)

I think this is GREAT news! :)

FIAT1
5th April 2012, 18:17
Old and retired for some time now, I think he is only good to drive a pace car. My opinion. I would like to see Paul Tracy race for my money.

Marbles
5th April 2012, 20:19
I don't think the 500 is a good place to make a debut in an Indycar. Especially for a 47 year old with no oval experience although I don't think his age is the limiting factor. I couldn't help but think of Nelson Piquet and the misfortune that befell him when I saw this thread. The upside is this year's 500 will certainly be grabbing some eyes from the F1 crowd. Good luck to him.

What's Jacques Villeneuve up to these days?

Anubis
5th April 2012, 20:41
Really don't understand this move at all. No oval experience of any sort, out of single seaters for God alone knows how long (indeed, what HAS he been driving?) and with a Lotus powered car that we know won't be competitive, assuming it even turns up. Beyond press attention, what on Earth is he or Newman Haas hoping to achieve? Very strange decision. Plenty of people I'd like to see back in the series (Bertrand Baguette for example), but this is baffling.

heliocastroneves#3
5th April 2012, 20:56
I don't understand Jean Alesi either, but I always enjoyed watching him during the F1 period.. I enjoyed him the most when it was raining, or in the Prost. Because that Prost was always so terrible, and he could still drive into the top 10 very regular. That's why I'm kinda excited, but also a little worried about it. I would love to see Villeneuve running that car. What Villeneuve is doing nowadays? He runs the road courses in NASCAR Nationwide If I'm completely right.

Nikki Katz
5th April 2012, 22:08
It's good to see him racing, but with a Lotus engine and no oval experience if there's over 33 cars then he'll be lucky to qualify.

00steven
6th April 2012, 01:07
The Newman-Haas aspect is the good part in my opinion.

6th April 2012, 04:17
http://www.50centloseweight.comvery nice!

anthonyvop
6th April 2012, 04:55
Apparently the ICS is turning into Grand Prix Masters 2.0

Phoenixent
6th April 2012, 05:36
Don't see this happening with three BIG unknowns in one package (Driver, Gutless Engine Package and a has been team). It's just a pie in the sky press release like the woman that supposedly won the Mega Lotto.