PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sky!

luke
27th March 2007, 13:40
...For switching channels half way through the race, its a shame my VCR didn't. :angryfire :

I've been simmering away since Sunday! You wat all season.... and it was shaping up to be such a good race. :)

Bad Actor
27th March 2007, 13:58
Yup

I was pretty pissed with that as well.
Sky plussed it overnight then sat down to watch Sunday morning.
Added an extra half hour on the end to accomodate yellow flags but then started sweating it as I had to forward through the pesky rain delay.
I was watching my time running down but after the mid race delay I figured there was just enough time left.

UNTIL THEY SWAPPED CHANNELS!!!

No repeats either.

Lady M
27th March 2007, 20:45
It's unbelievable bad planning.

I recorded it with Sky Plus and it carried on recording a long time after the motor racing went off, the programs after it weren't even anything live, the boxing they 'had' to show, was a Sky Sports Classic show. It's hard to understand why they couldnt stay with it, normally when other things run late they stay with it, like for instance with the tennis. Let's hope they get it right with the next race!

courageous
29th March 2007, 21:44
Would forgive them if it were the tiddlywinks world cup as long it were LIVE!

Any NO repeat? why not - they repeat "raceworld" & "world motor sport" about 12 times a week and all that has is last summer's club racing (until late may)

infoxicated
30th March 2007, 13:49
I was pretty livid too - I'd cancel Sky Sports if they broadcast the races live with commentary on IndyCar.com

acorn
30th March 2007, 19:01
Would forgive them if it were the tiddlywinks world cup as long it were LIVE!

Any NO repeat? why not - they repeat "raceworld" & "world motor sport" about 12 times a week and all that has is last summer's club racing (until late may)

strange, i didn't watch the live showing but did watch the repeat (0800 sunday morning) the fact that they didn't repeat it more could be due to the fact that A1 gp was also on that weekend.

i don't suppose the clocks going forward here helped matters any either.