PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear, the Commentators.

seppefan
3rd April 2012, 21:53
Excited about the new season, new car, will it work, looking better each day, new energy, is it sustainable, and then along comes Barber and this confirms the product. Fantastic race, even with the ridiculous fuel saving requirements, racing, strategy, competition all at its best. One bitch, the commentators are unspeakably dreadful, rubbish, need to go and fast. They indirectly ridicule the series and embarrass the viewer.

Leo Krupe
3rd April 2012, 22:30
I'm not sure how they embarrassed the viewers, unless it was giving very basic information about the cars and series. Even basic information isn't bad, because they presumably have new viewers who might be tuning into their first race. Personally, I thought it was a perfectly fine showing all around, and nothing to complain about.

Marbles
3rd April 2012, 23:56
It would be nice to merge these TV critic threads considering we have three on the go presently. :)

I disagree with the OP and it's unfortunate but, we all can't have Ben Griffin.

00steven
4th April 2012, 01:05
You obviously didn't watch the St Pete race if you thought this lot was bad.

So true! I thought NBC did a nice job actually...

harvick#1
4th April 2012, 03:14
you want bad commentators, check out Fox on Sundays, plenty of Biased opinions with 2 idiot brothers blabbing away trying to get as much tv time they can

00steven
4th April 2012, 12:53
you want bad commentators, check out Fox on Sundays, plenty of Biased opinions with 2 idiot brothers blabbing away trying to get as much tv time they can

This.

I do like Mike Joy though...

nigelred5
5th April 2012, 13:10
Mike joy wasn't bad when he did the F1 broadcasts for Fox a few years ago, but I still prefer the speed crew. It's probably heresy in Indiana to even say this, but the Indycar broadcasts need a knowledgeable Brit as part of the on air team. I wish indycar would pick the team and have it consistent across ABC/ ESPN and NBCSports.

DBell
5th April 2012, 14:32
This.

I do like Mike Joy though...

I like Mike too. I don't watch any Nascar, but I thought he was good when watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions.

BTW, rumor is that Speed TV will become Fox Sports Network. As long as they show F1, then I don't care.

nigelred5
6th April 2012, 14:45
I like Mike too. I don't watch any Nascar, but I thought he was good when watching the Barrett-Jackson auto auctions.

BTW, rumor is that Speed TV will become Fox Sports Network. As long as they show F1, then I don't care.

We already have two Fox Sports Net channels. I guess that would be a more national channel?

DBell
6th April 2012, 14:49
We already have two Fox Sports Net channels. I guess that would be a more national channel?

Yes, that is what I've heard. Pretty much the same thing that NBC did with Versus.

garyshell
6th April 2012, 17:14
Yes, that is what I've heard. Pretty much the same thing that NBC did with Versus.

From a branding perspective that would make no sense, unless they plan on moving the focus away from motorsports even more than they have with those assinine reality shows.

Gary

DBell
6th April 2012, 18:12
From a branding perspective that would make no sense, unless they plan on moving the focus away from motorsports even more than they have with those assinine reality shows.

Gary

I'm thinking that's the plan. I'm sure they think of competing with ESPN over the long run. They see NBC going that direction and figure they need to too, just my opinion. Speed is the channel they are thinking of going with because it's in the most homes out of the channels they have considered. There are 2 other channels owned by Fox that were considered, but combined they are in less homes that Speed already is.

This is still rumor, not confirmed fact.

00steven
7th April 2012, 01:16
I heard that they plan to change FuelTV not Speed.

Jag_Warrior
7th April 2012, 05:27
Mike joy wasn't bad when he did the F1 broadcasts for Fox a few years ago, but I still prefer the speed crew. It's probably heresy in Indiana to even say this, but the Indycar broadcasts need a knowledgeable Brit as part of the on air team. I wish indycar would pick the team and have it consistent across ABC/ ESPN and NBCSports.

I had the Grand Am race from Barber on Tivo and while watching it last night, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I liked the NBC Sports/Versus broadcast MUCH more than the ABC/ESPN debacle. But throw in Calvin Fish (British?) or someone with some wit and a knowledge = perfection. But yeah, something about having a Brit on the broadcast just makes it seem right. Maybe I watched too much F1 while I was away.

FIAT1
7th April 2012, 12:31
British? Catherina Zeta-Jones comes to mind. I don't know obout her racing knowledge, but who cares. (kidding)

7th April 2012, 18:49
-bump-http://www.camcorderdcr.com