PDA

View Full Version : Rude boy Fernando

ioan
27th March 2007, 10:33
I wouldn't have expected this:

<<"He looked at us with disgust and answered 'no'," Rodriguez said, adding that members of the Alonso fan club had to be content with photos with Kimi Raikkonen and even Bernie Ecclestone.>>

Link: http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070326104627.shtml

Ranger
27th March 2007, 10:50

<<"He looked at us with disgust and answered 'no'," Rodriguez said, adding that members of the Alonso fan club had to be content with photos with Kimi Raikkonen and even Bernie Ecclestone.>>

Yes, proof once again that Fernando (that silly little boy) Alonso is the fault of society.

... :rolleyes:

I'm no Alonso fan, but personally I got tired of accusations of any drivers about things they did off track towards the latter half of last year. To me its just about a driver not wanting a photo, which seems legitimate enough, as they're not being paid to pose for the public.

555-04Q2
27th March 2007, 11:02
Yes, proof once again that Fernando (that silly little boy) Alonso is the fault of society.

... :rolleyes:

I'm no Alonso fan, but personally I got tired of accusations of any drivers about things they did off track towards the latter half of last year. To me its just about a driver not wanting a photo, which seems legitimate enough, as they're not being paid to pose for the public.

The fans are the reason he gets paid the rediculous amount he does every year, the same with every F1 driver. They have an obligation to the fans to at least be polite.

Ranger
27th March 2007, 11:05
The fans are the reason he gets paid the rediculous amount he does every year.

Really? I was inclined to think that was because he is a double world champion.

CharlieJ
27th March 2007, 11:10
If he didn't have time or even just didn't want to do it at least he could have been polite. Jason Plato is one of the busiest men in the BTCC paddock, but on the occasions I've seen when he's been in a hurry and not able to do autographs or photos he's always been polite and apologised for not being able to do it.

leopard
27th March 2007, 11:12
Did they come to Alonso in the right time? They had to look about the driver’s face before coming to him.

The race might have stressed him much, I doubt Alonso was notoriously doing that without a reason.
I won’t bother Alonso if they asked him for making the auto/photograph in improper time like right before the race started of right after finished when the adrenalin wasn't turning back down normally and was having a lot to do, and considering Melbourne was a not too good race for Alonso, having beaten by Kimi Ferrari and almost being out-driven by the teammate, a new boy Lewis Hamilton.

Likewise I won’t bother driver abused Marshal was touching the driver for help-hand when he just got out of the race.

savage86
27th March 2007, 11:20
Do you guys actually remember any drivers that were actually happy when people spoke to them after joining Mclaren?

With DC for instance people could barley get any information out of him.
You could tell that he really wanted to say something but was stopping himself incase he got into trouble.

Alonso maybe has always been like that but if Ron really means to make Mclaren or a more friendly team he needs to start with making sure his drivers are good with fans and the media.

That must have been horrible though, these fans having alonso as their hero going all the way to Australia to see him spending thousands of Euros.
And then when they meet him he is rude to them.

Personally ive always wanted to meet Damon Hill and if he was rude to me i'd just want to curl up in a corner and die.

ArrowsFA1
27th March 2007, 11:21
The reality is drivers can't sign an autograph for everyone who wants one, or spend time with everyone who demands a piece of them. Those left disappointed are often critical that their "hero" has let them down.

Donney
27th March 2007, 11:57
I agree with Arrows, besides we've seen plenty of footage of Alonso signing autographs and posing for pictures in Melbourne. I am not saying he is the nicest person around but those people there just want media atention.

DimitraF1
27th March 2007, 12:28
it is obvious that alonso is a big DONKEY!!! MS was the best out there , remembering the funs,the family and all people in the team after a success!!!

tintop
27th March 2007, 14:07
I'm sure that this somehow retrospectively diminishes his two World Championships.

Tazio
27th March 2007, 15:01
He continued: "We are annoyed. We support the driver but we think Alonso as a person leaves a lot to be desired."

This quote from the link may or may not be true. What is indisputable is that he got where he is on driving talent. When people live vicariously through their hero's they set themselves up to be hurt by factors outside of their control. How did this person know it was disgust with them Fred was feeling. Perhaps he had concerns of another nature. I say get a life, and accept your hero for what he is! A man trying to do his job!

ottostreet
27th March 2007, 15:08
maybe so. but there is never any excuse for being rude. ever. not for a man in fernando's position. or any of them. without the fans, there is no f1. fernando may have been a good boy and signed lots of autographs etc etc. but if he had no time to do more, make your excuses and leave. politely. no excuses for a lack of social etiquette should be admissible in sports, whether your a backmarker or a double world champion.

Sleeper
27th March 2007, 15:09
I've heard stories of top drivers ignoring waiting fans quite a lot, Alonso isnt the first and wont be the last.

555-04Q2
27th March 2007, 15:20

Without fans there are no spectators. With no spectators there are no sponsors. With no sponsors there is no money. With no money there is no big pay check. It has nothing to do with being a double world champion.

ioan
27th March 2007, 15:30

There are other drivers that are very well paid without being double WDCs!

Tazio
27th March 2007, 15:50
maybe so. but there is never any excuse for being rude. ever. not for a man in fernando's position. or any of them. without the fans, there is no f1. fernando may have been a good boy and signed lots of autographs etc etc. but if he had no time to do more, make your excuses and leave. politely. no excuses for a lack of social etiquette should be admissible in sports, whether your a backmarker or a double world champion.
I am going on what is stated in the article!
His actions are construed as being rude!
It is only conjecture on the part of the intervuee that he was rude!
What signifcant evidence is there in that article that he is, or was overtly rude!
I can't believe I'm defending Fred!

ioan
27th March 2007, 15:54
I am going on what is stated in the article!
His actions are construed as being rude!
It is only conjecture on the part of the intervuee that he was rude!
What signifcant evidence is there in that article that he is, or was overtly rude!
I can't believe I'm defending Fred!

"He looked at us with disgust and answered 'no'">>

Rude enough.
He could have explained them that he has no time or possibility to do it at that moment, and it would have been a very elegant way that fans might have easily accepted.

Tazio
27th March 2007, 16:05
Rude enough.
He could have explained them that he has no time or possibility to do it at that moment, and it would have been a very elegant way that fans might have easily accepted.
No! not rude enough!
I am not going to take on face value what a disturbed fan has interpreted through body language!
How do you know that he even had an oportunity to excuse himself?

ioan
27th March 2007, 16:14
No! not rude enough!
How do you know that he even had an oportunity to excuse himself?

They are his fans, probably were still waiting there after he left them like that.
These guys managed to take pictures together with KR and BE, whom are at least as taken if not more (Bernie) than FA, but their idol gave them the equivalent of the middle finger.

blakebeatty
27th March 2007, 16:18

well you are in fact DEAD WRONG. He is paid by every single fan that watches him race. This sport (like all others) is a business first, and every single fan is a customer.

Tazio
27th March 2007, 16:19
They are his fans, probably were still waiting there after he left them like that.
These guys managed to take pictures together with KR and BE, whom are at least as taken if not more (Bernie) than FA, but their idol gave them the equivalent of the middle finger.
This evidence is purely circumstancial!
I ain't buying it!

Tazio
27th March 2007, 16:21
well you are in fact DEAD WRONG. He is paid by every single fan that watches him race. This sport (like all others) is a business first, and every single fan is a customer.
No the sport is actually a competition first! And a damn dangerous one at that!

ArrowsFA1
27th March 2007, 16:50
Have those here criticising Alonso for his reported snub of fans waited to get a drivers' autograph themselves? Stood on the other side of a fence pleading for a driver to sign their programme?

It's the kind of thing that happens every day of a race weekend to every driver and many fans.

Big Ben
27th March 2007, 17:15

so did you find it quickly or you had to look for it?
Your thread amazes me and shocks me at the same time. I would have never expected this kind of topic from you.
Rude boy Fernando... hilarious
So what? I don't care. To be honest I don't really like all these morons that haunt drivers, singers, actors etc etc... you know the type... the ones that have idols instead of favorite drivers..., the ones that are prepared to fight against the obvious.... the ones that see their driver as some sort of superman...

ioan
27th March 2007, 18:14
so did you find it quickly or you had to look for it?
Your thread amazes me and shocks me at the same time. I would have never expected this kind of topic from you.
Rude boy Fernando... hilarious
So what? I don't care. To be honest I don't really like all these morons that haunt drivers, singers, actors etc etc... you know the type... the ones that have idols instead of favorite drivers..., the ones that are prepared to fight against the obvious.... the ones that see their driver as some sort of superman...

Why oh why some feel the need to attack other members because of topics they don't like, instead of discussing the topic at hand or ignoring it?

BTW are you a singer, actor or any other kind of VIP being "haunted" by people who want your signature? Even if you were one this wouldn't give you the right to call those people "morons".

Easy Drifter
27th March 2007, 18:30
During my 10 year career as a driver I didn't sign a huge number of autographs but a reasonable #. I was willing most of the time but not for about a 1/2 hr before a race. Even then I tried to be polite but with some 'fans' it was not always easy.
I feel for 'Freddie' and it may have been when he was approached or how or both.

ArrowsFA1
27th March 2007, 18:58
During my 10 year career as a driver...
Thanks for adding a bit of timely perspective :up: :cool:

jidoka
27th March 2007, 19:07
Why is Alonso being singled out??? He was being a dic£head, but I fear he not d only one. An example being below and I am a Montoya fan b4 I get labeled as a anti-Montoya or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Rk7UZWISY

Ian McC
27th March 2007, 20:58
Looks like a piece of trash journalism and I am surprised so many people on here have jumped on the bandwaggon. What do fans really expect around race day, not much chance of a driver signing every autograph asked for.

I have heard good reports of Alonso when he was at Goodwood, certainly take more notice of that than this rubbish.

Ian McC
27th March 2007, 20:59
it is obvious that alonso is a big DONKEY!!! MS was the best out there , remembering the funs,the family and all people in the team after a success!!!

That is probably the worst post I have seen in ages :rolleyes:

OTA
27th March 2007, 21:17
I think Alonso has left very clear from the day he arrived at F1, way before that for that matter, that he is very good profesional both on and off the track. I can only think of Bernie once critisizing Alonso for lack of compromise with the sport and saying that the same week Alonso got over 100.000 people to Barcelona was way off the mark.
On the same hand he got there for being a good driver not "Mr nice" in the opinion of every single person. Definately not enough to judge any one about nothing. We are all nice to some and not so nice to others, even if we don't notice.

Cheers
David

tintop
27th March 2007, 23:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitraF1 http://f1funclub.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://f1funclub.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=231925#post231925)

That is probably the worst post I have seen in ages :rolleyes:

I think that this is just a less subtle version of the thread opener. :)

leopard
28th March 2007, 03:54
I wonder if this pic attached on that website describes gesture of Alonso treating the fans badly. It looks like Kubica in front of him, that most possibly to whom Alonso talking about a hot topic, they maybe talking about their girl friend or about girls in Melbourne.

They, the hater, might have used the pic inappropriately.
Besides, As much I am a fan of a driver, I'd prefer making photographs with pit babes to the driver.

Priorat
28th March 2007, 06:34
Travelling from Spain to Australia is almost the longest distance you can do on the earth, and the most expensive journey too.
Only for this they should be respected.

harsha
28th March 2007, 06:53
they might just have approached him at the wrong time.....

and i guess ioan has all the time in the world for raising such topics,some of the replies in this thread are childish to say the least

Ranger
28th March 2007, 07:21
Without fans there are no spectators. With no spectators there are no sponsors. With no sponsors there is no money. With no money there is no big pay check. It has nothing to do with being a double world champion.

OK, so let's assume that Fernando Alonso is an obnoxious prick all the time.

Would F1's popularity go down because of that? No, it certainly will not.

Would F1 lose sponsors thanks to his accused deplorability? Likewise, no.

If Fernando was a kiddy-fiddler or something, then you have the slightest chance of all the above happening. Otherwise, it won't.

Saying "no" with a reportedly disgusted look isn't an offence, and the fact of the matter is that it has nothing to do with the sport or any of its related business deals.

He is not paid to accept photo opportunities with the fans, he is paid to drive a Formula 1 car, which he is currently the best in the world at doing. Considering fans and sponsors alike like winners, especially in one of the most popular motorsports in the world, then it really isn't surprising that he earns the amount of money that he does.

F1boat
28th March 2007, 07:24

Freddy is a great driver, but is many ways shows that he is quite unpleasant person.

ShiftingGears
28th March 2007, 07:25
So freakin what? Noones forced to like him.

F1boat
28th March 2007, 07:43
And I don't ;)

Erki
28th March 2007, 08:00
He is not paid to accept photo opportunities with the fans, he is paid to drive a Formula 1 car, which he is currently the best in the world at doing.

Thanks for making it clear. I always thought what were those mysterious "sponsor meetings" or PR stuff. Now I know that they are just fans' delusions and don't have any significance.

leopard
28th March 2007, 08:20
Yeah, but I still doubt the source authenticity, is the pic meant to that notorious of Alonso

Daniel
28th March 2007, 08:40
The reality is drivers can't sign an autograph for everyone who wants one, or spend time with everyone who demands a piece of them. Those left disappointed are often critical that their "hero" has let them down.
I agree. People somehow seem to think they own the drivers :mark:

I've got a lot of experience getting autographs from drivers and it's usually quite obvious when they are approachable and when they're not. When a driver is having a bad event or when they're having problems with suspension setup just leave them alone. When a driver's having a good event and don't have any official duties then it's probably best to approach them then :)

CarlMetro
28th March 2007, 09:24
IF he was approached by memebers of his official fan club and snubbed them then it is a pretty poor show, politeness costs nothing neither in extra time or money.

However I believe that it a a very big IF..........

Daniel
28th March 2007, 10:17
But what if he had more important things to do Carl? :mark:

"Sorry Ron! Can't talk strategies for the race. Need to sign a few autographs"

:mark:

CarlMetro
28th March 2007, 10:28

If he has been rude, pulled a disparaging face and said No! before walking off rather than simply saying "sorry I don't have time" then I would say it's a pretty poor show. Politely declining and being rude about it have the same cost, time-wise, but can have very different effects on people's attitude towards you.

Once again though I will say, it is a very big 'If'. Personally I doubt he would have been so insensative and this is merely a fan who didn't get exactly what he wanted displaying sour grapes.

ioan
28th March 2007, 11:11

I suppose that fans have access at certain areas and drivers only at very limited moments like the pitlane walk, and that is because they paid for the chance of getting closer to drivers and asking for an autograph or a picture.
So I doubt FA was going to talk strategies at that moment.

ArrowsFA1
28th March 2007, 11:38
So I doubt FA was going to talk strategies at that moment.
Give that the source of this 'story' you give makes no mention whatsoever of exactly when or where this supposedly happened during the Australian GP weekend you have absolutely no idea of the circumstances.

ioan
28th March 2007, 11:53
Give that the source of this 'story' you give makes no mention whatsoever of exactly when or where this supposedly happened during the Australian GP weekend you have absolutely no idea of the circumstances.

And you believe that the pit walk takes place at a moment when teams are discussing their strategies so that fans can have no interaction with them even if they pay good money for it?!

Tomi
28th March 2007, 12:20
Better to go and disturb drivers after the event if it's necessary, before they can be focused on the coming, and act quite different.

Daniel
28th March 2007, 12:21
And you believe that the pit walk takes place at a moment when teams are discussing their strategies so that fans can have no interaction with them even if they pay good money for it?!
TBH it doesn't matter. If you travel 10,000 miles to see a race and a driver not signing an autograph ruins your trip you have to ask whether you're a real fan or just a groupie.

Ranger
28th March 2007, 12:47
TBH it doesn't matter. If you travel 10,000 miles to see a race and a driver not signing an autograph ruins your trip you have to ask whether you're a real fan or just a groupie.

You would have gained plenty of rep points for that post.

Ioan: I'd also like to question the appropriateness of calling a two-time F1 world champion a "rude boy". If you honestly believe this, then you are free to say it, but it doesn't make the thread title very objective does it? :\
In addition to this I'll point out that you were the one who complained to a moderator last year about the naming of the "Schumi the cheat" thread around the time of the Monaco GP last year, because you thought that it was an unobjective title - and that's at least bordering on double standards.

andreag
28th March 2007, 12:52
After reading a lot of opinions based on what was written in an article from F1-live, I'm quite surprised how this story is growing from nothing.

"F1-live" mentoned in his article that the whole story was publishe by "El Mundo Deportivo"; in fact they don't mention any other source, neither they talked to anyone.

"El Mundo Deportivo" (http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20070323/NOTICIA261780089.html), didn't talked with anyone, but just wrote what they heard on a radio program called "Versió RAC1" as they recognized on their own article.

"Versió RAC1" is a humour program, and they can make a story from nothing by making common people say anything which doesn't matter if it's true or not, 'cause is just for fun. The original interview can be downloaded from the program web site (http://www.rac1.org/index.php?page_id=51), the file is marked "16h. 21-03-07 Dimecres", and the interview appears between the 14th and 28th; and for those understanding the language (mix of spanish and catalan), is clear all this "story" is ridiculous. Even the "interviewed" president of Club F1 Alonso, said he'll be at Malaysia.

The president of Club F1 Alonso (who was the one talking on the radio program), later regret of it, refusing to appear on any other media, after receiving some offers to talk about it. In fact not a single word about this incident is written on their main page (http://www.clubf1alonso.com/), neither on the catalan page (http://www.penya-bergalonsof1.com/DOCF1-1.htm), or anywhere else.

Of course, any photos appearing in any of those articles (F1-live and El Mundo Deportivo) are not related with this story, as it was aired some days later through the radio.

What a bluff.

tinchote
28th March 2007, 12:59
We posted at the same time. I heard the interview, but to me the episode does speak badly of Alonso.

The "episode" happened at the hotel (they were staying at the same hotel than most drivers and teams). The guy explains that they could get pictures with several drivers, they once had supper with Hamilton, they could chat with Bernie for 20 minutes, the chatted with Flavio. In that context, they once asked FA for a picture and not only he denied, but in a rude way. It's hard to defend FA after that.

That the guy is backing off now, could be explained in many ways. Would you stop having the chance of travelling around the world? It's not unlikely that he has interests (as mentioned by several in the forums linked from his own site).

Valve Bounce
28th March 2007, 13:25

Tell them to support ant and Taku in the Super Aguri; well that was easy!

ArrowsFA1
28th March 2007, 13:35
That the guy is backing off now, could be explained in many ways.
As could Alonso's reported response to their request.

There's a whole range of mountains being made out of one molehill here.

ioan
28th March 2007, 16:49
There's a whole range of mountains being made out of one molehill here.

I wouldn't go that far, it's just that some people around here are blind FA fans protecting him no matter if he is right or wrong! :D

harsha
28th March 2007, 17:07
something like a pot calling a kettle black aint it ioan ;)

ioan
28th March 2007, 17:09
something like a pot calling a kettle black aint it ioan ;)

I don't deny that I supported my fave driver. The ones that criticized me at that moment are the ones doing the same now. So yep it's something like that! ;)

Mikko
28th March 2007, 20:42
Well, his double world championships ain't much deserved, if Kimi'd had such a reliable equipment, the whiner would have none of them!!!

Tomi
28th March 2007, 20:53
Well, his double world championships ain't much deserved, if Kimi'd had such a reliable equipment, the whiner would have none of them!!!
näin on perkele :)

Valve Bounce
28th March 2007, 21:17
I think silly arguments really need a reality check here.

fizzicist
28th March 2007, 22:02
This sort of thing always makes me wonder if people forget that Fernando et al are human beings as well? Just because you're one of his fans doesn't mean you have a right to his attention or time.

I'd guess that Fernando had rather a lot on his mind during the Aussie GP weekend, most of it by the name of 'Lewis' :p :

In all seriousness though, from what I've heard from people in the know, Alonso is a fairly shy kind of person who hates the publicity aspect of the sport and prefers to avoid the crowds as media attention. The fact that he didn't want to sign a few autographs doesn't make him a bad person. The guy is a racing driver, not a professional celebrity.

Ian McC
28th March 2007, 22:04
This sort of thing always makes me wonder if people forget that Fernando et al are human beings as well? Just because you're one of his fans doesn't mean you have a right to his attention or time.

I'd guess that Fernando had rather a lot on his mind during the Aussie GP weekend, most of it by the name of 'Lewis' :p :

In all seriousness though, from what I've heard from people in the know, Alonso is a fairly shy kind of person who hates the publicity aspect of the sport and prefers to avoid the crowds as media attention. The fact that he didn't want to sign a few autographs doesn't make him a bad person. The guy is a racing driver, not a professional celebrity.

:up:

Seems to be a few people looking for any excuse to knock him down.

jens
28th March 2007, 22:16
Maybe Alonso's such bad mood derives from the fact that a "random newcomer" almost managed to beat him on his debut. Who wouldn't get mad at that? :D

Daniel
28th March 2007, 22:30

Too right. Like I said these people are most likely not race fans but more along the lines of groupies who are more interested in him as a celebrity than as a driver. To be honest people like that could all be abducted by aliens tomorrow and the world would be a better place for not having them.

tintop
29th March 2007, 02:20
And you believe that the pit walk takes place at a moment when teams are discussing their strategies so that fans can have no interaction with someone who has won because his car was superior since 1999??
!

jso1985
29th March 2007, 04:48
allright, he was maybe a bit too rude to his fans, so? F1 drivers are now suppossed to be super-people who smilies all the time? I'm not saying he did the right thing but everyone has to admit they have have been rude sometimes without wanting it.

this is the times when I miss Agwii :) right now he would be claiming FA said "No, I'm gonna shoot you with my AK-47 and I'm gay" :p :

wmcot
29th March 2007, 06:30
I wouldn't single out FA in this since I think F1 in general needs to be more fan friendly.

For example, at last years American LeMans race here in Salt Lake City, there was a mandatory time scheduled for autograph signing (1/2 or 1 hour). I was able to get Allan McNish, Mika Salo, and all 4 Penske Porsche Spyder drivers to sign items for me. In addition, there was an open grid-walk on the practice day with all cars and many drivers being on display in their pits. One little kid wearing an oxygen tank was allowed to sit in several of the cars! The drivers, themselves actually helped him in and out. During a pitstop demonstration, I was able to get a photo with McNish and actually speak to him person-to-person for a moment! Talk about fan friendly!!!! (And I only had a general admission ticket - it was open to ALL fans!)

You'd never see any of that in an F1 pitlane. :(

Ranger
29th March 2007, 07:01
It doesn't say anywhere in that article that Fernando did not sign any autographs during the OzGP weekend. It doesn't say Fernando did not get pictures with the fans the same weekend. It doesn't specify where on the track he was or what he was doing at that time, and indeed, when it was.

The fact is that one person supposedly caught the wrong moment and decided to have a bitch.

There is no fact behind this or any other evidence or any background information about what was happening, which makes this discussion about Alonso being a "rude boy" all the more pointless.

raphael123
29th March 2007, 10:12
I met Murray Walker once, the season after he retired I think. He was a proper grump! Very disappointing. At the end of the day these are human beings, not robots. I'd rather they have a bit of character to them than be PR orientated like the new crop of drivers are. Unfortunately it seems drivers with characters are a dying bread in F1. Shame, but it's people who critizise drivers for speaking their minds that has forced it upon us. And funnily enough they then tend to critizise McLaren for 'controlling' their drivers, when it's people like them that has forced it upon us to have PR drivers.

ioan
29th March 2007, 10:25
And you believe that the pit walk takes place at a moment when teams are discussing their strategies so that fans can have no interaction with someone who has won because his car was superior since 1999??
!

I never posted this! Please make sure you quote everything right next time. Thanks.

ioan
29th March 2007, 10:28
It doesn't say anywhere in that article that Fernando did not sign any autographs during the OzGP weekend. It doesn't say Fernando did not get pictures with the fans the same weekend. It doesn't specify where on the track he was or what he was doing at that time, and indeed, when it was.

The fact is that one person supposedly caught the wrong moment and decided to have a bitch.

There is no fact behind this or any other evidence or any background information about what was happening, which makes this discussion about Alonso being a "rude boy" all the more pointless.

Why do you get so angry? It's not good for your health!

raphael123
29th March 2007, 10:42
What makes you think Mallen is angry?

He's just pointing out the facts :)

Why do you always assume? :)

ioan
29th March 2007, 10:51
What makes you think Mallen is angry?

That last post.

Why do you always assume? :)

I like to use the my thinking capability.

raphael123
29th March 2007, 11:38
That last post.

lol, I wasn't actually expecting a reply. But now you have. What in the post makes you think he's angry?

He doesn't use capital letters for words, no exclamation marks etc. Can you back up what you claim lol? :)

I like to use the my thinking capability.

Well done :)
Just be sure to assume correctly if you do decide to exercise your thinking abilities :)

Garry Walker
29th March 2007, 12:31
Now I dislike Alonso immensly, but in my view autograph hunters are IDIOTS. What on earth are you going to do with this piece of paper? Is it really worth waiting for ages and then fighting eachother for it like a pack of lions over a little bit of meat? I can understand an 8 year old wanting an autograph, but why would anyone over 15 want one?

This "alonso fan" who complained about his behaviour should go and get some rope for himself, doesnt he realize that drivers have better things to do than waste time on nobodies like him.

Ranger
29th March 2007, 12:37
That last post.
You're using a small sample size there Ioan. :)

I am just pointing out my opinion about this topic, which I think is silly. Personally I would draw the line of anger at people bitterly slagging out certain drivers ad nauseum like they killed a member of their family (which it seems like some people around here do), which I don't do.

Oh, and thankyou for being so concerned for my health. :p :

ioan
29th March 2007, 13:19
You're using a small sample size there Ioan. :)

I didn't want to generalize! ;)

Oh, and thankyou for being so concerned for my health. :p :

You're welcome! :D

CarlMetro
29th March 2007, 17:55
Nowin my view autograph hunters are IDIOTS

Oh the irony............. :rolleyes:

Hazell B
29th March 2007, 20:11
.... in my view autograph hunters are IDIOTS.

You wouldn't say that if you had a signature by John Lennon, Elvis or some bloke called Senna ;)

Many adult autograph hunters are there for the cash only. Fifty quid here and there on ebay comes in handy, and they only have to hang about for a few hours outside gates. Signatures from people liable to die young, sadly including racing driver world champions, will attract the higher prices.

It's not a good way to make money, but you're never going to stop it.

Sad part is that those who collect to sell often make alternative cash by selling "he was rude to me" stories too ......

jas123f1
29th March 2007, 22:50
Only the fact that he didn't want to sign a few autographs doesn't make him to a bad boy, I’m not even quite sure that his fans feel it so badly than it looks, I’m sure they understand that he can have other tings to do at the moment. And F1 drivers are not different to us other, some times we are nice and some times we are not, it’s depends lot of the situation we are in at the moment. I think Alonso has given us and his fans so many great moments, that they shouldn’t be complaining at all. Things like this are more like a storm in a teacup, nothing more. :)

DimitraF1
31st March 2007, 01:12
WHO CARES ABOUT ALONSOs BEHAVIOUR??? I DO NOT!!

is a lesson for his funs not to follow him, he just show them how stubit they are for supporting him... is all on their hands to do the right thing.
An overrated driver who was lucky to drive the best car the right moment, ala villenevne!!!

Tazio
31st March 2007, 03:38

is a lesson for his funs not to follow him, he just show them how stubit they are for supporting him... is all on their hands to do the right thing.
An overrated driver who was lucky to drive the best car the right moment, ala villenevne!!!
I'm no fan of Fred's! He is not over rated however! If Hamilton continues the way he has started. They have the best line up in f-1 Period!

Ian McC
31st March 2007, 11:07

*sigh* You don't win two WDC and beat your team mate without two much difficulty on luck :rolleyes:

Big Ben
31st March 2007, 15:19

do you really believe what you are you saying? it´s quite a sad situation if you do. I hate MS like poison but I wouldn´t claim he´s worthless.