PDA

View Full Version : Joan Lascorz

NinjaMaster
3rd April 2012, 12:17
After showing impressive speed from the first two rounds but not capitalising on it with a couple of mistakes, Lascorz headed into the official world superbike test to look for further improvement. However, Joan had a nasty high speed accident that has left him terribly injured with a broken collarbone and shoulder blade, and fracturing his T6 vertebra whish caused elongation of the spine.

Kawasaki Provec statement:

“Yesterday at 23:00 successfully completed the operation that you performed to correct the displacement of the T6 vertebra that caused the elongation of the spine.

“At 9:30 this morning the pilot was still asleep. Throughout the morning, a CT scan will be performed to assess the extent of the injury.

“Medical services Maggiore Hospital of Bologna and the medical staff that will take over in Barcelona and are in contact for transfer of the rider.

“The Real Spanish Federation of Motorcycling is already managing the return of the rider when the physician may deem appropriate.

“Throughout the afternoon we will hear more about the status of the rider.”

I hope he can make a full recovery but Spanish media are already reporting paralysis from the neck down. I really hope they are jumping the gun and guessing and he will recover, whether he races again or not. My thoughts are with you Joan.

chac47
6th April 2012, 10:43
So sorry to read about Joan, I can't believe he's had another bad crash. Let's hope for positive news in the updates.

patnicholls
17th April 2012, 00:10
As with injuries of this type things take time and as such updates on Joan have been rare, but it seems that the best source for what's happening is Spanish journalist @marcmartintw on Twitter.

The latest I have is that he is now awake and regaining some feeling in his arms, although beyond that there's still a long way to go. Fingers crossed.

NinjaMaster
21st April 2012, 10:06
The most informative article on Joan's condition. Lascorz to start rehabilitation soon (http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201204206658/SBK-Lascorz-inizia-la-riabilitazione.html)
Not as encouraging as I'd hoped but still somewhat positive.

chac47
11th July 2012, 06:38
Some news of Joan Lascorz
First image of Joan Lascorz since accident | WSBK News | Jul 2012 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/181492/1/first_image_of_joan_lascorz_since_accident.html)

GravettFan99
11th July 2012, 09:09
I wish a speedy recovery for Joan, hate that this had to happen to him of all riders, but it happens. :(