PDA

View Full Version : On the topic of the extra awesome new Indycar site...

Mad_Hatter
24th March 2012, 02:27
Is there no link to photos?

heliocastroneves#3
24th March 2012, 11:01
All those features will follow around the Indianapolis 500, don't worry. The site isn't finished yet. ;)

beachbum
24th March 2012, 11:33
Frankly, I think the new site looks nice, but is functionally a failure. As a web designer, I find it fits the latest web design paradigm - all flash and style, but little substance. It was obviously built for mobile, but so much content is missing (stats? none of your business) that it isn't very useful. True, it is new, but if a feature isn't done, link back to the old site.

Mad_Hatter
24th March 2012, 15:48
I'm with you on this one beachbum. They should've waited...

MAX_THRUST
24th March 2012, 16:35
Agree I have trouble even geting onto it. Got on eventually for there to be nothing to look at. Opps, bit stupid with the timing this should have been up and running for this weekend, start of the season.

FIAT1
24th March 2012, 17:02
Better yes, awesome no, needs work.

heliocastroneves#3
24th March 2012, 19:42
It's true what you all said, but all those features will follow soon. If you want to go back to the old site; click here (http://web.archive.org/web/20110716082611/http://indycar.com/).

gm99
25th March 2012, 09:42
I can't even find the bloody starting grid for today's race, let alone any results for Indy Lights. The site a disgrace.

DavePI2
25th March 2012, 12:50
the starting grid was my complaint first off also. You would think on race day they would have managed somehow to let fans know just what the starting grid was but nothing. Kind of like history channel, they don't cover history anymore and you have to wonder is indycar going to cover the race? Wonder if they will bother posting full race results tonight or we will just get more feature stories?

DavePI2
25th March 2012, 12:55
ah finanlly found it on their website. Well they at least posted it even if you too another page to find it. Not having a link on the front page in the past is poor planning.