PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports St. Pete

Odie Stracs
19th March 2012, 20:31
Hey folks.. was really looking forward to the St Pete race on sky sports on Sunday evening..until i checked the planner and seen it is tape delay at 0100 hours on Monday....i think a sign of things to come for the season ahead....hope im wrong

IceWizard
19th March 2012, 21:11
It's on live on the Sky Sports F1 channel. I read that Sky are going to attempt to show all races live this season so hopefully you are wrong :)

Anubis
19th March 2012, 22:33
Had a feeling they'd start bundling other races onto the F1 channel. I've not seen much of the F1 coverage, as Sky's obsession with endless punditry gets on my nerves, but for those who have, has there been any cross-promotion of the Indycar season? There's a very obvious anchor point with Rubens, and if Sky had any sense they'd be using him as the "connecting tissue" in their coverage. I have access to Sky, but not the extra F1 package, so guess it's back to the dubious streams for me.

IceWizard
19th March 2012, 23:06
I watched qualifying and the race and quite a bit of the practice sessions and I don't recall any mention of the Indycar. As you say, Rubens move should provide the perfect opportunity for a bit of cross promotion.

big_sw2000
20th March 2012, 13:19
I belive the race is on from 6pm Sunday. But i have seen no advertising.
I think all other races are on Sky Sports 4. Surley SkyF1 would be a perfect place for some other types of Motorsport

Steve

Nikki Katz
20th March 2012, 18:11
I think if it's moved to SkyF1 then that's a great move. Surely there are lots of people that have SkyF1 but not Sky Sports 4? So a few will accidentally discover it?

Sadly if it's back to Sky Sports 4 afterwards then it won't make much difference.

big_sw2000
20th March 2012, 22:00
I think if it's moved to SkyF1 then that's a great move. Surely there are lots of people that have SkyF1 but not Sky Sports 4? So a few will accidentally discover it?

Sadly if it's back to Sky Sports 4 afterwards then it won't make much difference.

Yep i dont get any Sky Sports, but do have SkyF1.

Steve

Mark
21st March 2012, 09:08
It's on Sunday at 5.30pm, 2hr 30mins coverage, I might give it a look :)

Khrest
25th March 2012, 12:26
Did I just see that they have moved it to RED BUTTON?

If so, that stinks because it Virgin Media customers dont have red button on SkyF1 until July....

Once again, paying customers must resort to illegal means to obtain media...

Andrewmcm
25th March 2012, 12:51
Yeah, red button for the live coverage this evening.

Khrest
25th March 2012, 15:24
Yeah, red button for the live coverage this evening.

RATS

Anybody hook me up with a livestream?

big_sw2000
25th March 2012, 16:06
Absolute b*ll*cks. Just because the Grand Prix run late. Why do the feel they have to show full highlights of the cars stopped on the grid for 45 mins. Ok i can get it on the red button, but was planning to record it.
Yes i know its the F1 channel, but come on.

Steve

Mark
25th March 2012, 18:12
Watching on Red Button now. Good job I'm home in time I'd be pissed to find it hasn't recorded.

Mark
25th March 2012, 18:14
Adverts during the race. Man I haven't had this since the dark days of ITV.

Mark
25th March 2012, 18:25
They've just gone to adverts in America but not here and they've inserted a different commentary team who are much better than the ones from the American coverage who are absolutely dreadful, some of the worst sports commentary I've heard for a long time.

steveaki13
25th March 2012, 19:51
Adverts during the race. Man I haven't had this since the dark days of ITV.

Sends a shiver down the spine doesn't it.

They have alot more ads in America don't they..... The bits when the Sky team talk about the race are much better.

steveaki13
25th March 2012, 19:52
They've just gone to adverts in America but not here and they've inserted a different commentary team who are much better than the ones from the American coverage who are absolutely dreadful, some of the worst sports commentary I've heard for a long time.

They are not very informative about much in the race, they seem more concerned about drivers previous performances and the pitstops more than any racing. Although it is a hard track to pass on so maybe the pitstops do take a more significant role in St Petersburg

big_sw2000
25th March 2012, 21:50

It the same team that have always done Indycar on Sky, think they are very good. Yes im glad i dont have to watch in America, even more adverts than ITV. Anyway, no F1 next week, so pleanty of time to show Indycar. But its on Sky Sports 4 instead, will it be covered on the red button maybe

Steve

jwhite9185
26th March 2012, 15:16
Watching on Red Button now. Good job I'm home in time I'd be pissed to find it hasn't recorded.

Which is exactly what happened to me! I got a recording from 7pm onwards - joined at lap 42 and i was wondering what was going on.

It was a bit like when Sky had the Nascar and Indycar kept getting bumped.

IceWizard
27th March 2012, 13:05
Did I just see that they have moved it to RED BUTTON?

If so, that stinks because it Virgin Media customers dont have red button on SkyF1 until July....

Once again, paying customers must resort to illegal means to obtain media...

I watched the red button coverage via Virgin Media at my parents' house so it has been rolled out already, at least to some customers.

IceWizard
27th March 2012, 13:08
Which is exactly what happened to me! I got a recording from 7pm onwards - joined at lap 42 and i was wondering what was going on.

It was a bit like when Sky had the Nascar and Indycar kept getting bumped.

This is why I always record one of the mid-week repeat shows as well as the live coverage to maximise my chances of actually seeing something! Pretty poor form from Sky when they have 5 sports channels...

BobGarage
27th March 2012, 17:07
This is why I always record one of the mid-week repeat shows as well as the live coverage to maximise my chances of actually seeing something! Pretty poor form from Sky when they have 5 sports channels...

whats worse is that it was moved to the red button to enable them to show a repeat of the rain delay coverage from the F1! if it was due to a live overrun, fair enough, they see f1 as a priority. but for a repeat its poor showing.

had they cut the rain delay out of the repeat there would have been no need to move the indycar to the red button.