PDA

View Full Version : Formula Renault UK Cancelled

Alfa Fan
19th March 2012, 14:35
It has been announced today that the Formula Renault UK Championship has been cancelled for this season, leaving a gap on a TOCA support bill.

Wonder what will fill it? Can't say I'm sorry to see it gone, but I hope another single-seater series fills the bill, the variety has always been a plus for the package.

HondaRacingFan
19th March 2012, 15:14
If im honest im glad. never liked it and last years grid was poor. Hope they add something like Formula Ford or add another Small hatch championship or add an extra race for one of the other championships.

inimitablestoo
19th March 2012, 19:11
They need a decent single-seater series on the bill to provide some variety (anyone remember the early days of the TOCA package, when there were four such series, with the Fiestas and Clios the only tin-top supports?). Trouble is, there aren't as many quality open wheel series as there used to be - Formula Ford would be the obvious one, but I wouldn't want to see it taken away from the Formula 3 bill, where it fits quite well.

I assume at this late stage most championships have already got their calendars set in, if not stone, then something fairly immovable, so an extra race or guest slot (my vote would go to the latter) will be made available. If they need a longer-term solution, though, please, something that isn't just another one-make series. Something with a little bit more variety and imagination.

Robinho
20th March 2012, 15:15
Real pity in my opinion, its always been a good step to f3 and some great drivers have been through it, I cam remember seeing Antonio pizzonia, Kimi (i think), lewis Hamilton and Bruno senna over the years, although recently the series has struggled there are few that haven't

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Eurotech
20th March 2012, 17:22
Any chance the Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship (or whatever its called now) will join the package? surely its quite relevant to the BTCC support bill...

inimitablestoo
20th March 2012, 19:24
It's an obvious choice (and probably the biggest multi-make series out there beyond the BTCC and British GT), but it is the spiritual successor to the National Saloon Car Cup/Championship - and that didn't last long after it accepted the BTCC's invitation to run as a Class B all those years ago. Granted, the BTCC is in considerably better shape now than then, but who knows what the situation may be a few years down the line...

Knowing ITV's love of the public vote to decide matters of varying triviality, perhaps we should have a different guest championship at every one of the ten meetings, and at the end of the year a fan vote decides which one gets the gig full time.

Alternatively, anything with a V8 engine :D

wedge
21st March 2012, 01:06
They need a decent single-seater series on the bill to provide some variety (anyone remember the early days of the TOCA package, when there were four such series, with the Fiestas and Clios the only tin-top supports?). Trouble is, there aren't as many quality open wheel series as there used to be - Formula Ford would be the obvious one, but I wouldn't want to see it taken away from the Formula 3 bill, where it fits quite well.

It's become more and more expensive to run single seaters. Carlin & Fortec are now having to run as full on multi-car outfit to help Brit F3 alive.

Also, the racing in FR and FBMW have generally been poor because of the cars were underpowered/produced too much DF.

Any chance the Dunlop Sport Maxx Championship (or whatever its called now) will join the package? surely its quite relevant to the BTCC support bill...

They're quite happy doing fine where they're are. Dunlop put so much into it they don't really want to be an undercard for the BTCC.

HondaRacingFan
21st March 2012, 15:52
Do like STCC do....add some bikes lol

JasonPotato
22nd March 2012, 16:10
Glad it's been cancelled. Never watched it, always turned over or if i went to the meeting i would just go for a walk about. I would like to see something like the Mini Challenge.

Allyc85
22nd March 2012, 18:41
When there was a decent amount of cars I used to enjoy watching the Formula Renault at Thruxton as you used to get some good, slipstreaming battles. But on TV it was usually dull as most of the circuits in this country dont offer a huge amount of over taking really!

As a replacement id like there to be a guest championship at each round to give it a bit of variety.

Marc W
23rd March 2012, 12:50
It's unlikely to be replaced at all at this late stage, all the other championships have already fixed their calendars and it would cause lots of issues to change it so they will probably just rearrange the timetable and have an early finsih on Saturday. There are several rounds that ddin;t have the Fornula Renault Uk cars at anyway so they won't be changed.

tintin
24th March 2012, 20:56
Also, the racing in FR and FBMW have generally been poor because of the cars were underpowered/produced too much DF.

I think you are confusing FR with F3.
FR has a pretty good power:downforce ratio... F3 has too much grip for the power levels.

Alfa Fan
25th March 2012, 18:48
This years support is looking awful.

Formula Renault CANCELLED
Ginetta GT Supercup 12 CARS
Ginetta Junior 14 CARS
Porsche Carrera Cup 21 CARS (reasonable)
Renault Clios 23 CARS (reasonable)

It's going to be a rather dull year outside the BTCC I fear.

tintin
25th March 2012, 19:32

Ginetta Junior 14 CARS

I think your expectations are too high.
21 cars for the PCCGB is good, and Clios have significantly increased in numbers since last year. Especially as there are 25 signed up so far, rather than the 23 you claim. ...And I know of at least one more driver who should be in Clios this season but hasn't been announced yet.

JasonPotato
25th March 2012, 19:32
On the plus side the race meeting will be shorter so you won't have to wait around for the last touring car race as long. It maybe that i'm impatient but i get bored waiting for the last race.

BDunnell
25th March 2012, 21:49
On the plus side the race meeting will be shorter so you won't have to wait around for the last touring car race as long. It maybe that i'm impatient but i get bored waiting for the last race.

I'm not sure that less time to repair accident damage between BTCC races is a good thing these days.

wedge
26th March 2012, 13:35
I think you are confusing FR with F3.
FR has a pretty good power:downforce ratio... F3 has too much grip for the power levels.

FR is a spec series which makes it even worse.

The racing is tedious and it's clearly apparent it's the aero package.

F3 is not as bad as it was, say about 5 years ago, IMO.

Ginetta Junior 14 CARS

That's a bloody good car count.

Clio's is excelllent if not quite the heyday of grouped quali sessions.

Every other year there's a fear of getting double figures of Porsche.

tintin
26th March 2012, 21:45
And the numbers keep rising: New entries announced today in Clios (taking it to 26) and Porsche (22).

Tixy54
30th March 2012, 13:37
Has anyone considered the possibility of pick-up truck racing? The kind that used to support the ASCAR series at Rockingham. They were great fun to watch.

inimitablestoo
30th March 2012, 19:06
One of the higher profile series outside the BTCC and F3 packages, the Pickups. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at least once.

They could have brought the Smarts onto the bill this weekend but, given the date, people might have thought it wasn't a real series...

10th May 2012, 14:58
Can certainly manifest as a time off if reproduction hand bags get out of beds within the in actuality while the system. ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó¥Ð¥Ã¥° (http://www.lv-japan.net/) the number of boyish babes it is acclimatized a duplicate of the identical esteemed Louis Vuitton bag and never have any idea it's mainly not the complete field. after on this exercising for the boyish little girls are all around to come to be ¥ë¥¤¥Ó¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ (http://www.lv-japan.net/) adult females and actuality that trip way less status the entire designer'm clutches, such types of prestigious Louis Vuitton money is able delivers a abounding opportunity or merely one that they will wealthiness you need to.¥ë¥¤¥Ó¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ : [url=http://www.lv-japan.net/]激安 ヴィトンãƒ