PDA

View Full Version : Alex Zanardi confirmed for London Paralympics

garyshell
15th March 2012, 04:11
http://www.autoracing1.com/Images/2011Misc/ZanardiMarathon_150.jpg

From AR1 headline:

Champ Car, Formula 1. Alex ZanardiAlex Zanardi has been confirmed as a member of the Italian team for this year's London Paralympics. The two-time CART champion and former F1 driver, who has spent the past few years competing successfully in marathons and time trials in the handbike class, will be one of 10 athletes to make up Italy's paracycling team. He has long held an ambition to compete at London, but was uncertain whether he would be selected due to heavy competition for places.

Forza Pineapple!

Gary

FIAT1
15th March 2012, 11:37
Great champion and triumph of a human spirit! Incredible in so many ways.

00steven
15th March 2012, 11:58
Alex Zanardi is champion in every sense of the word.

Anubis
15th March 2012, 21:43
As a resident of London, I'm very much in the "couldn't care less* about the Olympics" camp, and plan to go out of my way to avoid having anything to do with it despite living all of 30 minutes from the main site. The only thing I plan to follow during the entire event is Alex's progress.

* English for "could care less" ;)

call_me_andrew
17th March 2012, 02:38
Actually the Paralympics are a seperate event that start about 2 weeks after the Olympics end.

Anubis
17th March 2012, 11:44
Actually the Paralympics are a seperate event that start about 2 weeks after the Olympics end.

That really didn't need to be said in all honesty. They are part of the Olympics in the sense that winning the bid for the main games obligates the host to stage them, hence why they term "Olympics" over here has come to mean both.

FIAT1
17th March 2012, 12:24

Does it really matter?

heliocastroneves#3
18th March 2012, 06:40
Alex Zanardi is champion in every sense of the word.

This is so true!