PDA

View Full Version : Indycar Fantasy Competition : ROUND 1 - St. Petersburg, Pick your drivers here.

drewdawg727
13th March 2012, 07:27
Hey guys, just a quick update. We are really ready to get the ball rolling here!

Did some more thinking! (And this is a brand new competition I'm organizing so I am ironing out all the kinks, so bare with me). I decided that I will leave an open thread to allow you folks to choose your event driver, as it may be a turnoff to have people take extra time to send an email or private message.
There really is no advantage to keep your driver selection private, which was what I was aiming for, so you may post publicly below. I will be updating the original post with the entries that I received as often as I can.

If you would still like to submit your driver choice privately, you may revert to PM or email, which is still stickied in the other thread.

Anyway, here are the drivers you may choose from for St. Petersburg. Please reply with your driver post below:

#2 - Ryan Briscoe - Team Penske
#3 - Helio Castroneves - Team Penske
#4 - J.R. Hildebrand - Panther Racing
#5 - E.J. Viso - KV Racing Technology
#6 - Katherine Legge - Lotus-Dragon Racing
#7 - Sebastien Bourdais - Lotus-Dragon Racing
#8 - Rubens Barrichello - KV Racing Technology
#9 - Scott Dixon - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#10 - Dario Franchitti - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
#11 - Tony Kanaan - KV Racing Technology
#12 - Will Power - Team Penske
#14 - Mike Conway - A.J. Foyt Enterprises
#15 - Takuma Sato - Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
#18 - Justin Wilson - Dale Coyne Racing
#19 - James Jakes - Dale Coyne Racing
#20 - Ed Carpenter - Ed Carpenter Racing
#22 - Oriol Servia - Lotus Dreyer-Reinbold Racing
#26 - Marco Andretti - Andretti Autosport
#27 - James Hinchcliffe - Andretti Autosport
#28 - Ryan Hunter-Reay - Andretti Autosport
#38 - Graham Rahal - Chip Ganassi Racing
#67 - Josef Newgarden - Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing
#77 - Simon Pagenaud - Schmidt-Hamilton Motorsport
#78 - Simona de Silvestro - Lotus-HVM Racing
#83 - Charlie Kimball - Chip Ganassi Racing
#98 - Alex Tagliani - Team Barracuda-BHA

Good luck and have fun!

Members that have made a driver selection:

garyshell
DanicaFan
heliocastroneves#3
numanoid
austinthebruiser
drewdawg727
fugariracing
mr_swiss
BobGarage
gm99
00steven
mad_hatter
Dagger

DanicaFan
19th March 2012, 16:53
How many times can you pick a driver throughout the year ?

drewdawg727
20th March 2012, 07:12
How many times can you pick a driver throughout the year ?

You pick a different driver every race. Not allowed to pick the same driver > 3x

drewdawg727
20th March 2012, 07:16
A little disappointed to be honest. I wasn't expecting the whole world to be interested in playing, but after 500+ views between the two threads, also didn't expect this idea for a different sort of competition to flop on its face :( .

Can't play the competition with 1 person!

heliocastroneves#3
20th March 2012, 18:28
Sorry Andrew, but I'm just more focussed on drivers pickem and I'm also running an IndyCar racing league with F1 Challenge '99-'02 (the predecessor of rFactor), and I know how difficult it can be to attract people for it. You have to give it some time, and just start the competition. You will see as the season goes, slowly more people will join it. I'm already playing the game on indycar[dot]com, where you have to choose your top 5 (?) per race.

I wish you the best with this. :) Maybe I will change my mind and still join the club anyway. :D

drewdawg727
21st March 2012, 04:51
Thank you for the positive words, helio

DanicaFan
21st March 2012, 05:52
You pick a different driver every race. Not allowed to pick the same driver > 3x

Ok, thanks.

I will take Scott Dixon for this race.

drewdawg727
21st March 2012, 14:41
DanicaFan - you're in!

heliocastroneves#3
21st March 2012, 15:32
Hehe, and I just have changed my mind. I'll pick a driver, and it will be Will Power.

austinthebruiser
21st March 2012, 23:11
Mike Conway

numanoid
22nd March 2012, 02:12
I'll Pick Helio Castro Neves for this race.

drewdawg727
22nd March 2012, 03:16
Thanks for participating guys!!

Remember, if you'd like to keep your picks private for the race, you can send me a private message or an email.

fugariracing
22nd March 2012, 04:31
I'll take Ryan Briscoe this race

mr_swiss
22nd March 2012, 13:46
I'll go with Dario Franchitti.

Good luck everyone!

BobGarage
22nd March 2012, 17:13
#5 - E.J. Viso - KV Racing Technology
#8 - E.J. Viso - KV Racing Technology

You've listed Viso twice. Assume 8 is supposed to be Rubens...

I pick Rubens Barrichello for this race

drewdawg727
22nd March 2012, 17:30
BobG - thanks for catching my mistake. Can't believe I did that, lol.
But you guys are in!

drewdawg727
22nd March 2012, 17:32
No one has copied a driver that anyone else has chosen so far - very interesting!

DanicaFan
23rd March 2012, 13:52
For some reason, Im just feeling Scott Dixon winning this first race.

heliocastroneves#3
23rd March 2012, 15:06
Like I said Andrew; More people will join slowly. I think this is great, this new competition will be a huge success. ;)

@DanicaFan: That's probably why you have chosen Scott Dixon right? I HOPE Hélio Castroneves wins, but I THINK Will Power will do it. But now, with the new car.... It's unpredictable and I like it. :)

gm99
23rd March 2012, 16:15
I go with Kanaan if it's not too late :D

00steven
23rd March 2012, 16:20
Ryan Hunter-Reay

drewdawg727
23rd March 2012, 19:39
Both in!
I will let you guys pick up until beginning of Sat qualifying this race. Everyone is still getting used to things soo I will push it a bit longer this round.
Thanks for joining.

Mad_Hatter
24th March 2012, 02:24
Hinchcliffe

Dagger
24th March 2012, 09:48
Graham Rahal

gm99
24th March 2012, 11:42
May I suggest a rule amendment:
If a player misses a race, he automatically gets the same amount of points as there are cars in the race he missed (e.g. if I don't submitt a pick for the Indy 500, I automatically get 33 points).
Otherwise, the player would get zero points which would actually constitute an advantage.
Or are only players eligible for the competition who compete in every round?

drewdawg727
24th March 2012, 16:40
Thanks for pointing this out because I missed this scenario when typing out the rules.

If you do not make a pick for the weekend, I will first automatically pick the driver that you had for the prior race. If your quota of 3 picks runs out, then you will get the max points allowed for that event.

Any newcomers that join the championship late will get a default "26" for St. Pete, etc.

Thanks gm for pointing this out to me!

drewdawg727
24th March 2012, 16:57
No picks will be allowed after 1:55EST during quali start. I won't be around to manually close the thread, but I will close it when I do get home.

At this time, the "secret picks" (picks submitted by PM & email) will be unlocked for all to see.

Remember, you can make your picks privately if you feel that this might advantage you and keep others from picking the same driver as you.