PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

00steven
12th March 2012, 04:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9bQDgib1ZA

Since we are so close to St Pete I figured why not upload a street race to keep us busy?

Can't wait for the season to start.

jimispeed
12th March 2012, 10:21
Thank You! Watch it from starting at 50 minute mark. Incredible!!

garyshell
12th March 2012, 15:05
What was significant about the 50 minute mark????

Makes me long for Parker to be back in the booth.

Gary

jimispeed
12th March 2012, 18:24

Gary

A great hotlap from a young Juan Montoya!!

garyshell
13th March 2012, 04:56
A great hotlap from a young Juan Montoya!!

Oh, I had a feeling that is what it was! But, to be honest that one semed rather tame for Juan. I was expecting one of his classic tails out drift and last second gather it up and scoot moves.

Gary

jimispeed
13th March 2012, 05:30
Oh, I had a feeling that is what it was! But, to be honest that one semed rather tame for Juan. I was expecting one of his classic tails out drift and last second gather it up and scoot moves.

Gary

So true! I'd love to see him come back!!

00steven
13th March 2012, 06:36

Makes me long for Parker to be back in the booth.

Gary

The coverage was so good back then.

DBell
13th March 2012, 11:51
Nice post and brings back good memories. I had just moved out to OC at the time and that was my first LB GP as a resident of the area. Makes me miss living out there until I think of how much it cost to live there. Then I think it's not so bad where I'm at. :)

Montoya was the story of the race, but what I remember is the pass by Andretti on de Ferran in the first corner toward the end of the race. We were at the corner when it happened and when Michael pulled inside to try the pass, we were sure he was going to stuff it in the barrier. It was an incredible pass. They should show this over and over to some of the "first corner, last of the great late breakers" that are racing now. Maybe we could have some cleaner racing.