PDA

View Full Version : Indycar Fantasy Competition - RULES/SEASON STANDINGS THREAD

drewdawg727
5th March 2012, 17:34
I am introducing this new Fantasy Game here on the Motorsport Forums, which is very similar to what 16th & Georgetown ran in 2010.

The game is very simple. All you have to do before the race's qualifying session is choose ONE driver as your fantasy driver. After Sunday's race, you will get the same amount of points as that driver's finishing position. If the driver wins, you get 1 point, 2 points for 2nd, etc. At the end of the season, the player with the least points wins the competition.

The one very tactical and strategic part of this game, is that you cannot pick the same driver more than THREE times all season. So this game may come down to just a little bit of luck as well.

If you choose a driver before the race weekend and they are replaced (example, Simona de Silvestro at Infineon last year), you would have gotten points for where Simon Pagenaud finished in the final results.

If you choose a driver before the race weekend, and they withdraw due to injury, or other reason where they are not replaced (I'll use Simona D again, 2011 Iowa), you will get the average points of each session that the driver completes in one race weekend. So for example, you choose Ryan Hunter-Reay and he does 2 practice sessions and gets hurt in qualifying and the team withdraws his entry, his 2 practice session results will be averaged, and you will receive x points for that weekend.

If you accidentally choose a driver for the 4th time, I will write you a response informing you that you cannot choose that driver, and you will have the opportunity to pick again. In this thread, I will be keeping an active drivers list so you know exactly who will be competing each weekend.

If you do not submit an entry before the deadline (before qualifying session), you will automatically have the driver for the last GP chosen. If your 3-pick quota has been reached, then you will get max points for the event. If you join the competition late, the same penalty applies (26 points given at St. Pete, etc.)

When choosing your fantasy driver, you may either send me a private message with your pick, or more preferably, send me an email. I have created a special email address for this competition only that I will use exclusively, and which may be easier to communicate, say you accidentally pick a 4th driver and I need to email you back quickly.

Email address: [email:2jgi527g]azw1528@gmail.com[/email:2jgi527g]
Please write your forum name and your driver choice in your message.
I will be creating an excel spreadsheet with all of this compiled info, and will post 1 spreadsheet with your driver choices (so you can keep track visually) and a separate one with points standings after each race weekend.

You may start emailing/messaging at any time! Hope you all enjoy!

drewdawg727
5th March 2012, 20:27
After doing a bit of thinking, I amended the above post and decided the first name and last initial for the entry is not necessary. No one will know who anyone is by looking at it, so we will just stick with forum names only. Please see above post for correction, thank you.

drewdawg727
22nd March 2012, 17:35
Season Roster / Driver Picks thus far :

http://i.imgur.com/0Rdfb.png

drewdawg727
28th March 2012, 10:18
Season Standings:

http://i.imgur.com/XbiqM.png

drewdawg727
5th April 2012, 01:04
* standings updated

It's never too late to join! If this competition seems like something any of you other folks want to tackle we can easily slide you right in!!

drewdawg727
17th April 2012, 01:16
* standings updated for Long Beach

Points starting to spread out now! Competition is heating up. See you all for Brazil!

drewdawg727
30th April 2012, 15:50
* standings updated for Brazil

Start thinking about your picks for Indy! A poor pick can result in a whopping 33 points if not thought out correctly.

Anyone new willing to give this competition a try? Indy would be the place to make your stab at it!!

drewdawg727
28th May 2012, 15:57
* updated for Indy

Big shakeup after the Indy race!

Those who picked Andretti really lost out with his DNF towards the end of the race, dropping several people from the top of the standings.

However, the Ganassi picks, as well as Hinchcliffe propelled several people upwards towards the top of the charts.

Detroit picks up next! The driver picks are updated also...some who haven't picked for the past couple of races have now used up their 3 drivers, so make sure you double check who you've picked already before making your guess!!

Rememeber, if you would like your pick to be private, please send a private message or shoot me an email to the address in the original post.

drewdawg727
5th June 2012, 00:05
* updated for the Detroit GP

Lot of upsets this week by some pickers. BobGarage had a nifty pick with Will Power to raise him up the standings a bit.

Some drivers running out of their compulsory 3-pickers, our championship leader is one of them. I hope you guys choose to stay in this competition for the rest of the year and lets make it even bigger next year!!

drewdawg727
11th June 2012, 13:11
*Standings updated for Texas

Another tough week seeing some top drivers not make it to the end of the race, but the standings did not get shuffled all that much.

Going to try to point out who moves up or down how many positions starting next week, just gotta figure out how to implement that in my spreadsheet.

Thanks all for playing - make sure to start double checking the table above to make sure you don't go over your allotted 3 picks, as it can get tough this time of season!

Good luck at Milwaukee.

drewdawg727
21st June 2012, 11:24
* standings updated for Milwaukee

Well, if you picked a Ganassi car, it was a rough day for you, contrary to how things were going in the first half of the race.

BobGarage picks up the most spots this week because he picked the winner! Great pick Bob!

Some folks have been unlucky in the past few weeks picking cars that are finishing out of the top 10...hang in there! We still have half of the season left and ANYTHING can happen!

Good luck in Iowa.

drewdawg727
24th June 2012, 20:45
* standings updated for Iowa!

heliocastroneves#3 and myself both picked the winner to move us up a decent amount in the championship standings.

Those who picked Hinchcliffe and Franchitti had a rough go this week, but overall the results showed more positive than negative.

There is a new bit I added to the season standings, excel won't let me add a + sign, so if the number is positive, that shows you moved ahead in the championship. Negative numbers obviously you lost spots

Still a long way to go in the season and it's obvious that ANYTHING can happen! So good luck with your future picks and we'll see you at Toronto.

drewdawg727
8th July 2012, 22:05
* standings have been updated for Toronto

Everyone had a very rough week here, as it seems that now it's getting more and more unpredictable. 00steven and drewdawg really closed in on mr_swiss this week, who's pick of Dixon was probably the worst choice out of the grid of 25 as he was the first to DNF. Those two both picked Power who also didn't have a stellar day, but it was enough to move the top 3 closer as the season begins to draw to an end.

Helio was the pick to have out of the group this race, as a 6th place finish gave both fugariracing and heliocastroneves#3 good points to close in on the competitors ahead of them.

Please remember to check the grid for the drivers you have already picked this season, as some of you guys have reached your 3-pick limit on certain drivers (either down to no-pick carryovers, or picking the same driver 3 times voluntarily).

Thread for Edmonton will be up next week, so please join us again!

drewdawg727
29th July 2012, 01:14
* standings updated for Edmonton

Just realized that I have not posted up the results of this GP, so I am very sorry for that ....

A few places have swapped. This is the 2nd race where no one has chosen the winner, but the ones who chose Will Power had a cut above the rest for his 3rd place finish.

There are just a few races left and a few races to make up ground on your competitors. There are many close battles so make your picks wisely!

Thank you all for playing and good luck next week.

drewdawg727
6th August 2012, 15:50
* standings updated for Mid-O

Great picks this week guys! All but a few people picked the podium finishers, making this a good week for many people.

gm99 made up the most ground this week, sneaking past 4 people with his winner pick, sneaking past those that have seemed to drop out of the championship.

drewdawg, numanoid, and alexamateo all picked finishers at the bottom half of the grid, so a little ground was lost there by those three players.

00steven did the best he could to prevent losing the lead, so the lead extends just a slight bit.

Next race at China has been canceled, so there will be no picks there, so we will see everyone at Sears Point!

And remember, PLEASE check to make sure you don't accidentally pick a driver for the 4th time, by checking out the grid above!!

drewdawg727
27th August 2012, 16:20
* standings updated for Sonoma

Well, it seems the popular pick this week was Dixon, who had a pretty dreadful race overall. Congrats to craftygal and heliocastroneves#3 for their picks Power and Briscoe respectively.

The top 4 are still in earshot of winning the first ever Indycar Fantasy competition, with 2 rounds to go. Who will come out on top??

Meanwhile, there is a pretty tight battle going on with about 5 entrants in the middle of the grid.

Please remember to double check the grid above to make sure you don't go over your 3 allotted driver picks!

Thank you all for playing.

drewdawg727
4th September 2012, 02:39
* standings updated for Baltimore

All those who picked had a decent week, as the picks were all well up the field.
00steven - I had to roll over your Castroneves pick from last week, as I noticed you picked Power 3x.
Please remember to look at the roster of the drivers you chose! You may not choose a drive for a 4th time.

In terms of the standings, any of the top 4 have a shot at taking the crown, so the competition goes on for one more week! Who will it be? See you at Fontana.

drewdawg727
17th September 2012, 17:58
Results for Fontana updated *

Congrats to 00steven for winning the first annual Indycar Fantasy Competition!
Heliocastroneves#3 was looking very strong for an end of the season finish there, picking 3 of the final 4 race winners, however with the top 2 picking the same driver, the outcome was going to stay as it was.

drewdawg727, mr_swiss, and garyshell round out your top 5 for the season.

Thank you to all who played this season, and I hope that we can get some more participation for even more fun next year. This thread is now open for discussion if anyone chooses to make a few comments.

See you all in 2013!

00steven
18th September 2012, 05:02
Booyah!

heliocastroneves#3
18th September 2012, 14:25
Booyah!

Congrats man, you got me by 5 points. :)

gm99
18th September 2012, 15:45
Congrats 00steven!

I hope the game will be back next season with more regular competitors than this year - by Fontana, only a handful of us seemed to be left. And thank you of course to drewdawg for introducing and running the competition!

00steven
21st September 2012, 01:02
Thanks to Drew for hosting the game!