PDA

View Full Version : Petrov in, Trulli out at Caterham

Dave B
17th February 2012, 10:49
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/02/ ... petrov-in/ (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/trulli-out-petrov-in/)

No great surprise but a shame for Jarno that his F1 career is probably now over - although some less charitable than me might say he stuck around for a few more years than his talent should have allowed.

That also ends daft rumours that Petrov would be Pirellics test driver.

ArrowsFA1
17th February 2012, 11:33
Shame for Jarno's F1 career to end, as appears likely, in this way but the reality is seen in Tony Fernandes's comments:
"It was not an easy decision to bring Vitaly in to replace Jarno, but it was one we made to ensure that we give fresh impetus across the whole team and with a realistic eye on the global economic market."
Vitaly Petrov replaces Jarno Trulli at Caterham F1 team - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97552)

SGWilko
17th February 2012, 11:57
Has anyone checked on Pino? ;)

Knock-on
17th February 2012, 12:15
Has anyone checked on Pino? ;)

I think he's with JT in his cellars, drowning their sorrows. Wish I could join them.

CNR
17th February 2012, 12:23
Gascoyne to attend 'most' races in new Caterham role :: PaddockTalk :: F1, Formula 1, NASCAR, IndyCar, MotoGP, ALMS, And More! (http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-183111.html)

Mike Gascoyne has handed over day-to-day control of the Caterham team's technical operations.
The former Lotus outfit announced that Briton Gascoyne - a founding member of the Tony Fernandes-led team and a long-term prominent figure in the paddock - has become chief technical officer of the whole Caterham Group.

Q:did Mark Smith get a say in what drivers to use ?

ArrowsFA1
17th February 2012, 12:24
No Italian drivers racing in F1 for the first time since 1971 I think :eek:

DexDexter
17th February 2012, 12:52
Trulli was well and trulli beaten by Heikki the last two years so in that sense replacing him is justified. Sadly he is replaced by a paydriver.

ArrowsFA1
17th February 2012, 13:00
Ooops, forgot all about Arturo Merzario in 1979 :dozey:

Tazio
17th February 2012, 13:13
Here is looking at you kid, we always had Monaco!

EuroTroll
17th February 2012, 13:28
Here's a cheers for the legendary Trulli Train. :beer: Definitely part of F1 folklore.

truefan72
17th February 2012, 14:12
a sensible decision
good for Petrov, who is far from being a "pay driver"
and a fond farewell to Jarno who has had a long F1 career

edv
17th February 2012, 14:47
Hoping we don't read about Pino in the papers later this week.

Mauri A
17th February 2012, 16:09
Trulli was well and trulli beaten by Heikki the last two years so in that sense replacing him is justified. Sadly he is replaced by a paydriver.

Now Caterham has a Finn and a semi-Finn! Does the money come from Viipuri, if so, the restauration of the "old Finnish Town" will stop.

jens
17th February 2012, 16:43
Trulli has been past his prime recently already, but what a heartbreaking way to get your career ended. :( One month before the start of the season and after getting your first taste with the new car.

In conclusion regarding Trulli - as a fan disappointed that his career never really took off to heights. Although for as long as a decade he was often a points contender and a headache to team-mates. Toyota could have been a big opportunity, but this gamble never worked out - like for instance RBR has worked out for Webber and elevated him into a frontrunner.

steveaki13
17th February 2012, 18:57
Cheers Jarno

He had a good career, with a fantastic victory in Monaco.

The Trulli Train is no more.

Robinho
17th February 2012, 19:27
I don't rate Petrov, but Trulli certaibly wasn't getting any better, so its an opportunity for both sides (Petrov and Caterham) to do something different.

CNR
17th February 2012, 20:39
Trulli blasts Italy for F1 failure : World News Australia on SBS (http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1627521/Trulli-blasts-Italy-for-F1-failure)

Trulli claimed that a team like Caterham, who were rebranded this season from Team Lotus, cannot afford to overlook drivers who bring with them significant financial backing from personal sponsors.
"I'm not personally disappointed, I was ready for the divorce with Caterham and I knew of the difficult economic situation that would force the team to look for a driver with adequate backing," said the Italian.
"I hope that with Petrov's contribution everyone who works there can have a more tranquil future."

Nikki Katz
17th February 2012, 21:50
It's a shame, I think Trulli's taken this well, though he probably knew it was coming. Tony Fernandes' comments do basically state it was only for the money, hardly a glowing welcome for their new driver! I hope Trulli doesn't disappear now, though I fear that may be the last we see of him.

zako85
17th February 2012, 21:55
Seat allocation is definitely a zero sum game, for someone to win a seat, someone else has to lose one. It's sad that Italy is now left without a driver, even though they have the most accomplished team. On the other hand, the Eastern European and Slavic world still has someone representing them in F1. I personally one of those who looks beyond his pay driver status and believes in Petrov's potential. If you look at his GP results from 2010 and 2011, the gradual improvement in points scored and consistency is clear.

Anubis
18th February 2012, 00:46
Wonder if we'll see him follow Rubens across the Atlantic?

wedge
18th February 2012, 01:31
He really should have retired a couple of years ago.

I remember on the BBC Fan Forum a couple of years ago Heikki was still pumped for the challenge of the Lotus project whereas Trulli looked and came across as completely dejected at his predicament.

zako85
18th February 2012, 03:07
Wonder if we'll see him follow Rubens across the Atlantic?

A lot of IndyCar is not doing well financially, and a lot of teams are struggling. A new pilot would probably be expected to have some kind of sponsorship package to have a seat.

aryan
18th February 2012, 08:34
It was time for Jarno to hang up his boots, but I will greatly miss him.

He was a great character on the field, and I still think had things developed differently, he could have been one of the greats. Let's not forget that he beat Alonso in 2004 in the same machinery, fair and square.

Few people would now rate him above Fernando, but I think maybe that was just a glimpse of what he could have been. Unfortunately, that talent never unravelled.

Fair well Jarno. We'll miss you.

The Black Knight
18th February 2012, 10:46
Similar to Barrichello I'm sad to see Trulli go but it was time for him To hang up his boots. I'm only sorry that he has been replaced by a driver of as little worth as Petrov. I had said already on this forum that I thought Trulli was going to be replaced but I was hoping it wouldn't have been Petrov. Petrov's signing is clearly about the money.

Farewell Jarno.

George6890
18th February 2012, 20:23
I know he's not been the most motivated or had the best attitude over the last few years, but he can't be blamed. He had the measure of 'Nando in 2004 and was Toyota's most successful driver. I can't blame him for letting his guard down when Fernandez and Gascoyne were promising points finishes and regular midfield battles this year. It just turned out to be one hard slog from 2010 to now. He had to content with a bad all round package in 2010 and dodgy power steering last year.

I'll also miss Jarno for allowing me to interview him during the 2005 pre-season. He was one of the nicest people (let alone drivers) I've dealt with and allowed me to make my initial break in journalism and give me the confidence to pursue more. He was also one of the quickest over one lap; Monaco 2004 and Bahrain 2005 stick in my mind. He also had the second best hair in F1, too. (Behind Fernando, of course ;) )

So, what else to say? Farewell, Jarno :( . We won't remember you for the Lotus years, but instead you'll be remembered for some phenomenal performances and I want to say thank you for giving me the opportunity to do my first F1 interview. I'll be raising a glass or three of red to you, tonight. :(

CNR
18th February 2012, 23:00
Barrichello slams Caterham's driver swap - Mirror Online (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/barrichello-slams-caterhams-driver-swap-690447)
Barrichello slams Caterham's driver swap

Q:what secrets come with Petrov ?
lotus v caterham

zako85
19th February 2012, 04:37
Similar to Barrichello I'm sad to see Trulli go but it was time for him To hang up his boots. I'm only sorry that he has been replaced by a driver of as little worth as Petrov.

This is quite an arrogant thing to say. Petrov got his first podium in his 2nd year. The same year, he was was performing on the same level with Heidfeld who had a decade of experience in F1. That's not a bad start I'd say.

The Black Knight
19th February 2012, 11:04
This is quite an arrogant thing to say. Petrov got his first podium in his 2nd year. The same year, he was was performing on the same level with Heidfeld who had a decade of experience in F1. That's not a bad start I'd say.

And he was outqualified by Senna most of the time when he arrived one the scene. People seem to stake Petrov's reputation on his performance in Australia last year but the reality is that's he's one amongst a growing number of mediocre drivers that are buying their way into F1. As Liuzzi said, F1 should be full of drivers that have been kicking ass since they were a kid.

F1boat
19th February 2012, 11:44
It's a shame, I think Trulli's taken this well, though he probably knew it was coming. Tony Fernandes' comments do basically state it was only for the money, hardly a glowing welcome for their new driver! I hope Trulli doesn't disappear now, though I fear that may be the last we see of him.
My thoughts exactly, but Jarno stated that he is not angry with the team and he will continue racing outside F1. I will miss him though, I liked him better than Vitaly and I will never forget his victory in Monte Carlo.

Tazio
19th February 2012, 14:28
My thoughts exactly, but Jarno stated that he is not angry with the team and he will continue racing outside F1. I will miss him though, I liked him better than Vitaly and I will never forget his victory in Monte Carlo.
I think Autosport's article represents JT attitude about his departure a little more responsibly.

One-time GP winner Trulli had a contract with Caterham for 2012, but the team replaced him with Petrov, regarded as one of Formula 1's 'pay drivers'.

Trulli said his exit had not come as a surprise to him, "Personally I'm not displeased: I was prepared for a possible divorce from Caterham, in the knowledge that the difficult economic situation would have pushed the team to find an adequately-supported driver," Trulli told the Ansa news agency.

"Small teams have certain needs and contracts are clear. I hope that, with Petrov's contribution, all the people who work there can have a more serene future."

The poor guy is left in utter disbelief. Now he may have to content himself with his journalism, wine making, and try to veil his despair after what 14 or 15 years in the F1 field?. He is going to be lowered to the dregs of only being able to go and do every other thing he wants on a full time basis outside of F1 that his modest financial fortune will allow ;)

Dr. Krogshöj
19th February 2012, 15:43
His performance alone would have been a good enough reason to part with Jarno, I don't see Petrov performing any poorer compared to Heikki than him. If has a bit of money, too, that just makes the decision easier. I personally think the Kovalainen/Petrov pairing is a lot more competent that the Maldonado/Senna.

truefan72
19th February 2012, 18:02
And he was outqualified by Senna most of the time when he arrived one the scene. People seem to stake Petrov's reputation on his performance in Australia last year but the reality is that's he's one amongst a growing number of mediocre drivers that are buying their way into F1. As Liuzzi said, F1 should be full of drivers that have been kicking ass since they were a kid.

you don't win races on saturday
and by outqualified, you mean achieving a higher grid slot a couple of times more than petrov head to head, so what?
who had the better points on Sunday, that's all that matters, and I think Petrov clearly beat Senna to that

DexDexter
20th February 2012, 08:23

Not most of the time. Take a look at the statistics and the reality behind those and you'll see that Senna and Petrov were evenly matched with Petrov actually having a slight upper hand. Petrov was also a very competitive driver in Gp2 so he is not a bad driver, not at all. A paydriver, yes, but not a bad one. Talking about Barrichello, he was beaten many times last year by Maldonado so things are not black and white in a sense that paydrivers just replace everybody. I see nothing wrong If an old veteran is soundly beaten by his teammate and then replaced by a younger driver with pedigree and money.

Knock-on
20th February 2012, 10:10
What's a pay driver? Are schumy and Alonso "pay drivers"?

He has a level of performance that is competitive and financial backing to fund his position.

He's not a superstar but deserves his place doesn't he

Tazio
20th February 2012, 10:16
His performance alone would have been a good enough reason to part with Jarno, I don't see Petrov performing any poorer compared to Heikki than him. If has a bit of money, too, that just makes the decision easier. I personally think the Kovalainen/Petrov pairing is a lot more competent that the Maldonado/Senna.

I personally think that Kovalaine, is roughly equal to Petrov with a slight nod going to Heikki.
I feel like I've set up a big dog pile and I'm at the bottom.
I'm really indifferent to Jarno, and always have been, although I think he is a "pretty cool shark”! It was a real injustice when Flav fired his @ss for Jacques after he was passed by Rubens at the last corner of of the last lap for a podium at Magney Coor 2004and Alonso was beaten for the win with an improvised 4 stopper. Ross, and Todt deserve almost as much credit as Mike, only because Mike had to actually put in about 13 quail laps in his third stint to make the strategy work.
:s ailor: " Freakin' Flave was disconsolate, and in a fit pitched Jarno for Jaques and lost a spot in the WCC.
I was impressed by Petrov (except against Kubinski) who totally “clocked” him in their first season together.

Petrov was my top driver in last year’s pickems that put me in a tie on points for 10th in the 2011 final,but took 11nth on the second tie breaker. (West Racing had one more win than Klien Racing)
True fan you're aware of this as we had the same teams. However I clipped you by three points with the Bonus race.

Klein Racing:

Petrov
Di Resta
Klien
Red Bull
Ferrari
Bonus Brazil

Heikki is my number two driver this year.
Last year we knocked on the door. This year Slash Racing is kicking the door in;
Apologies to O.A. "Bum Phillips" :s mokin:
I should have quoted Henners because all I was trying to do was Contrast The Headline of "The Mail" to Autosport.

Tazio
20th February 2012, 10:47
Bumarooski!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S20qvvDGBt0

Tazio
20th February 2012, 12:08
Bumarooski!

Did I mention he was a defensive assistant coach for the San Diego Charges?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=lojefp0xuAg

Phillips played football at Lamar College (now Lamar University) in Beaumont, Texas, but enlisted in the United States Marine Corps shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He became one of the elite Marine Raiders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwml58ddFU&feature=related
After he returned from the war, Phillips completed the remaining year on his degree at Lamar, and enrolled at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas, lettering in football in 1948 and 1949 and graduating with a degree in Education in 1949. [/QUOTE]

wedge
20th February 2012, 13:23

Heidfeld scored a podium in the next race in Malaysia, Petrov was battling Hamilton in the same race; Renault started off with a good car and went downhill into a dog of a car.

Wasn't Petrov better than Senna in races?

pino
20th February 2012, 16:35
Bumarooski!

Did I mention he was a defensive assistant coach for the San Diego Charges?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=lojefp0xuAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwml58ddFU&feature=related
[/I]After he returned from the war, Phillips completed the remaining year on his degree at Lamar, and enrolled at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas, lettering in football in 1948 and 1949 and graduating with a degree in Education in 1949. [/QUOTE]

Mind to explain me what these videos/posts have to do with the topic ?

Garry Walker
20th February 2012, 18:22

That is funny coming from Liuzzi, how many chances did he have in F1 and how much did he fail?
Petrov is not a great driver, but he is good enough to deserve a seat in F1. Shame that it comes with Trulli being left without a seat, I would have liked for him to race one more year at least.

f1bettings
20th February 2012, 23:21
the drivers will probably perform the same and maybe Trulli will be slightly better for results but Petrov has potential for Russian billionaire oil money.

Tazio
21st February 2012, 00:21
I should have quoted Henners because all I was trying to do was Contrast The Headline of "The Mail" to Autosport. Corection "The Mirror" to Autosport. :rolleyes:

zako85
21st February 2012, 04:14
Realistically, what can we expect from Kovalainen and Petrov this year? Any hope there will be regular points finishes?

Tazio
21st February 2012, 08:28
Realistically, what can we expect from Kovalainen and Petrov this year? Any hope there will be regular points finishes?I think getting a car in the points in a few races maybe 1/5 of the racing if they are lucky with rain race strategy and the car comes good. I think getting the challengers into Q2 consistently will be an accomplishment. However we won't really know until they go racing :dozey: ;)

odykas
21st February 2012, 08:59
Goodbye Jarno. Thanks for the memories and great Monaco victory :)

This must be a sad day for Pino, but I believe it was the right decision for Jarno.

Tazio
21st February 2012, 10:17
Heikki is my number two driver this year.

Never mind Vergne is my #2 after Petrov. I hope he carries a can of whip@ss in that STR
Good thing Red Flag as Heikki spins off the track :burp:

Tazio
21st February 2012, 10:52
I think getting a car in the points in a race or two is possible races if they are lucky with rain race strategy. Petrov will score points as long as they keep developing the car. I think getting the challengers into Q2 will be an accomplishment for Caterham. However we won't really know until they go racing :dozey: ;) .

Bagwan
21st February 2012, 14:35
Sad to see him go , but wherever that is , I will follow .
He's a truly honourable guy .

This from Autosport:
""Nobody knows this, but at this point I think I can publicly thank Jean Todt for having been one of the few top team managers to consider me during my career. No one knows this, but Todt offered me a seat at Ferrari," Trulli was quoted as saying by Autosprint.

"I won't tell you when exactly: I was racing for Toyota and I was doing very well. But I had signed a rather long contract with the Japanese, and in my career I've always honoured my commitments. In 15 years of F1 I've never needed lawyers."

He's one of the good guys .

jens
21st February 2012, 14:59
Can't help but think that this alleged Ferrari offer must derive from around mid-2005, when Trulli was having a strong season and Barrichello was on his way out of Ferrari. In the end Ferrari opted for Massa - a move criticized at the time.

Realistically, what can we expect from Kovalainen and Petrov this year? Any hope there will be regular points finishes?

Regular points finishes? They certainly aren't that good. Perhaps they can have a season like Williams last year - three top10 finishes all year.

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 15:22
Sad to see him go , but wherever that is , I will follow .
He's a truly honourable guy .

This from Autosport:
""Nobody knows this, but at this point I think I can publicly thank Jean Todt for having been one of the few top team managers to consider me during my career. No one knows this, but Todt offered me a seat at Ferrari," Trulli was quoted as saying by Autosprint.

"I won't tell you when exactly: I was racing for Toyota and I was doing very well. But I had signed a rather long contract with the Japanese, and in my career I've always honoured my commitments. In 15 years of F1 I've never needed lawyers."

He's one of the good guys .

Proof, if ever it was needed, that nice guys don't win....

jens
21st February 2012, 15:29
Proof, if ever it was needed, that nice guys don't win....

IMO this phrase, which is used often, doesn't mean anything. Häkkinen certainly qualifies into a nice guy category. I have heard Clark was a gentleman as well. I think we shall not mix up a "nice guy" tag off the track and on the track.

pino
21st February 2012, 15:55
Goodbye Jarno. Thanks for the memories and great Monaco victory :)

This must be a sad day for Pino, but I believe it was the right decision for Jarno.

The only thing that makes me sad is the way Jarno's ended is career : wasting 2 years on crappy car and beating by his Team-mate only because the car didn't suit his driving-style. But at the end of the day it's better this way as it was very frustrating always watching him starting races on back row. So thanks Jarno for the great memories and for an amazing win in Monaco and good luck to Petrov, hopefully his money will allow Caterham to build a better car in the future...

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 16:54
the car didn't suit his driving-style.

What is it that they say about bad workers.....???? ;)

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 16:56
IMO this phrase, which is used often, doesn't mean anything. Häkkinen certainly qualifies into a nice guy category. I have heard Clark was a gentleman as well. I think we shall not mix up a "nice guy" tag off the track and on the track.

Maybe, but he turned down Ferrari for perennial money burners Toyota based on moral values? Where were Toyota's morals when they threw in the towel....?

F1 is not termed the pirahna club because they like aquatics you know.....

pino
21st February 2012, 16:57
What is it that they say about bad workers.....???? ;)

You tell me...dunno any ;)

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 16:58
You tell me...dunno any ;)

The phrase over here is 'a bad worker blames his tools'

pino
21st February 2012, 17:02
The phrase over here is 'a bad worker blames his tools'

It's appropriate to english people...not italian ;)

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 17:04
It's appropriate to english people...not italian ;)

Actually, I'd agree on that - this is a land full of wasters, scroungers and feckwits, most of them in the Premier League!

And the only real workers left over here that are not parennial strikers are Polish......

jens
21st February 2012, 17:14
Maybe, but he turned down Ferrari for perennial money burners Toyota based on moral values? Where were Toyota's morals when they threw in the towel....?

F1 is not termed the pirahna club because they like aquatics you know.....

We don't know the details, so can not take the situation only from one angle of view. I'm not sure Ferrari deemed Trulli so vital that they were actually prepared to buy his long-term contract out, certainly worth of more than 10M $. In addition - Toyota looked promising in 2005, so at that time it was enticing to keep racing there with the hope of getting to the top even if you got an offer from a legendary team.

Bagwan
21st February 2012, 17:32
We don't know the details, so can not take the situation only from one angle of view. I'm not sure Ferrari deemed Trulli so vital that they were actually prepared to buy his long-term contract out, certainly worth of more than 10M $. In addition - Toyota looked promising in 2005, so at that time it was enticing to keep racing there with the hope of getting to the top even if you got an offer from a legendary team.

No , we don't know the details , but , the cost of any driver is a part of the package , and if there was any offer , it must have been a part of the calculation .
Sure , it was comfortable to stay earning at Toyota , but to drive for Ferrari is a dream for any Italian kid .
You can hear that in his words about the red squad .

He picked the wrong horse , and stayed loyal .

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 19:26
Toyota looked promising in 2005.

Indianapolis maybe......

jens
21st February 2012, 19:35
Indianapolis maybe......

Well, they finished 4th in WCC with 5 podiums and 88 points compared to measly 9 they had achieved the year before. Certainly a reason for optimism at that time! If anything, 2005 was above anyone's expectations.

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 20:13
Well, they finished 4th in WCC with 5 podiums and 88 points compared to measly 9 they had achieved the year before. Certainly a reason for optimism at that time! If anything, 2005 was above anyone's expectations.

And do you know why? Because they were not on the Bridgestones............ They were the 4th best team on the Michelins, and as the 'stones were about as good as liquorice that year, 5th is where they finished.

jens
21st February 2012, 20:19
And do you know why? Because they were not on the Bridgestones............ They were the 4th best team on the Michelins, and as the 'stones were about as good as liquorice that year, 5th is where they finished.

??

In 2005 only three teams were on Bridgestones - Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. Ferrari was the only team that was even remotely competitive regardless of tyres. And Ferrari finished above Toyota in WCC anyway, which makes Toyota 3rd best team on Michelins.

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 20:23
??

In 2005 only three teams were on Bridgestones - Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi. Ferrari was the only team that was even remotely competitive regardless of tyres. And Ferrari finished above Toyota in WCC anyway, which makes Toyota 3rd best team on Michelins.

If they finished 5th in WCC, and were behind Ferrari (only team on 'stones above them), it makes them 4th best Michelin shod team, shirley?

jens
21st February 2012, 20:39
If they finished 5th in WCC, and were behind Ferrari (only team on 'stones above them), it makes them 4th best Michelin shod team, shirley?

1st Renault 191 pts
2nd McLaren 182 pts
3rd Ferrari 100 pts
4th Toyota 88 pts

I don't know, why you have suddenly started talking about 5th place.

SGWilko
21st February 2012, 20:48
1st Renault 191 pts
2nd McLaren 182 pts
3rd Ferrari 100 pts
4th Toyota 88 pts

I don't know, why you have suddenly started talking about 5th place.

Just ignore me Jens - my wife always does!!!!

In fact, I have no idea what I am on about.........

Quite right, 3rd best Mich runner, 4th in the WCC.

I'm going back to my hovel now!

Dave B
22nd February 2012, 11:13

Certainly finishing the season with zero points cannot be an option. I'd say their targets must be to get through to Q2 more often than not, and for both drivers to bag some minor points. They're still a really new team, built from scratch, so it would be unfair to expect miracles; but they certainly need to make some progression.

longisland
25th February 2012, 04:53
I always have a soft spot for Trulli. He's some what like an enigma like Kimi. You'll never know what you'll get out of him. I recalled he mentioned that he didn't really get the respect he deserved in Renault and I can appreciate why he stayed in Toyota even though if there was a potential offer from Ferrari. For sure he'll win more races had he joined Ferrari, but I think he had his best times in Toyota until the team suddenly called a day. His performance in team Tony was at best average but he handled his departure like a real gentleman. There are other forms of motorsports besides Formula 1; he may do well in FIA GT, Le Mans Series or DTM. Thank you Jarno and all the best!