PDA

View Full Version : Leader Circle Program.

hondacom
11th February 2012, 03:58
Any comments on the so-called Leader Circle program ? It looks to me that the money allotment selection was made by a bunch of kids. How much influence did Roger and Chip have in this matter ? They are both not very fond of PT and Tags.

Dr. Krogshöj
11th February 2012, 11:54
Any comments on the so-called Leader Circle program ? It looks to me that the money allotment selection was made by a bunch of kids. How much influence did Roger and Chip have in this matter ? They are both not very fond of PT and Tags.

If anything, Ganassi was actually discriminated against, as Charlie Kimball finished inside the Top 22 in points last year, yet he isn't in the program. It doesn't have anything to do with drivers, the suggestion that MSR and BHA are left out because someone dislikes PT and Tag (not Tags) is just childish.

The selection process is very simple: you're in if you are commited to field a full-time car and you've finished in the Top 22 last year. There are two extra spots and they were awarded to Dragon Racing (two full-time cars as a works team) and Ed Carpenter Racing (a full-time car with a sponsor promising a lot of activation).

As for Shank, maybe he should try acting like Bobby Rahal, Sarah Fisher or Bryan Herta (who aren't in the leaders circle) and work to establish his team as a force to be reckoned with (as in race winners) before making threats and bitching for money without proving anything in IndyCar.

DBell
11th February 2012, 17:44
If anything, Ganassi was actually discriminated against, as Charlie Kimball finished inside the Top 22 in points last year, yet he isn't in the program. It doesn't have anything to do with drivers, the suggestion that MSR and BHA are left out because someone dislikes PT and Tag (not Tags) is just childish.

The selection process is very simple: you're in if you are commited to field a full-time car and you've finished in the Top 22 last year. There are two extra spots and they were awarded to Dragon Racing (two full-time cars as a works team) and Ed Carpenter Racing (a full-time car with a sponsor promising a lot of activation).

As for Shank, maybe he should try acting like Bobby Rahal, Sarah Fisher or Bryan Herta (who aren't in the leaders circle) and work to establish his team as a force to be reckoned with (as in race winners) before making threats and bitching for money without proving anything in IndyCar.

Good points and I agree. However, with the two chosen having a Penske and a IMS/Tony George connection, I can understand how some would doubt the selections were objective. I doubt it, myself. But Shank shouldn't have any major complaints. He's new to IndyCar and should have to prove himself. I can see why Herta, Rahal and Ganassi would be unhappy with the outcome.

FIAT1
12th February 2012, 19:56
Penske and TG son. Hmm.... very hard to decide, but for my buck I would pay to see PT race and Ed I will not watch for free .Objective they are not, but they should help PT find a ride because he does have many fans.