PDA

View Full Version : New rule book

MAX_THRUST
8th February 2012, 19:06
Your thoughts? Doesn't soound to bad what I have read on autosport, but that wasn't much. Anything to moan about?

FIAT1
8th February 2012, 19:34
Implementing the rules will be the trick, but anything is better then what we had before.

00steven
9th February 2012, 01:41
Implementing the rules will be the trick, but anything is better then what we had before.

You can say that again. I think we have a guy who knows what he's doing and that's a refreshing change.

heliocastroneves#3
9th February 2012, 10:56
As long as it doesn't become a second F1 where you already get a penalty for a little stupid crappy thing, I'm all for it.....

Andrewmcm
9th February 2012, 12:53
Your thoughts? Doesn't soound to bad what I have read on autosport, but that wasn't much. Anything to moan about?

They're Indycar fans Max, there will always be something to moan about....

GRW1983
9th February 2012, 16:37
Any news on standing starts for road/street tracks in 2012? I was hoping they would be introduced after some poor efforts in 2011.

MAX_THRUST
9th February 2012, 17:29
That's intersting about standing starts. One of the reasons why I loved CART was the rolling starts. I guess I liked CART becasue it ws everything F1 wasn't and better, to me.

Agree that some of the penalties in F1 have been daft this past year. To much weaving around, and then penalties when you hit someone for trying to make a move. Ok if its not on, but if the other driver doesn't wanna give room then it always ends in penalties.

heliocastroneves#3
9th February 2012, 17:34
In my opinion both IRL and CART always have been better than F1. I hope they keep the rolling starts anyway... I just hated it when ChampCar started to do standing starts...:/

F1 is more about politics than racing, that's why the REAL racers come to IndyCar.... Hope Michael Schumacher will ever do that, but I'm sure he won't.

The rulebook is better then last year in my opinion by the way.

FIAT1
14th February 2012, 18:05
I believe that double file restart is penalizing those who race hard to pass people and under yellow all that work is taken away to manufacture some phony excitiment, therefore I applaud a move to single restarts at least for couple and especially Indy.My opinion.

evo5_mat
14th February 2012, 18:31
well be good for stand starts and hinted be at the end of the year to let the teams get used to all the other rules, cars etc.

Pretty good line up for stewards also, he a good guy Barfield and knows what is sensible that will work

GRW1983
15th February 2012, 12:17
Good news about some of the new rules. I'm really impressed with the direction Indycar is headed under Beaux Barfield's direction. Sensible decision-making at long last with single-file restarts for Indy, Texas & Fontana, but keeping double-file for everywhere else. I, for one, am pleased that standing starts appear to be on the horizon as well. I also think it's sensible to introduce them later in the year when the teams have got used to the new cars. I'm hoping that from Toronto onwards we'll see standing starts introduced. That would allow Toronto, Edmonton, Mid-Ohio, China, Sonoma & Baltimore to use them. By all means have rolling starts on the ovals, but, hopefully, this will see the introduction of standing starts on ALL road/street tracks from 2013 onwards. Roll on March 25th, I can't wait!!!