PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Broadcast team...

FIAT1
8th February 2012, 18:10
...any suggestions? Ideas etc?

garyshell
8th February 2012, 18:32
Tommy Kendall, Jon Beekhuis, Parker Johnstone. (BTW where the hell is Parker these days?)

Gary

00steven
9th February 2012, 01:04
ESPN: Paul Page, Tommy Kendall

NBC sports: Bob Jenkins, Jon Beekhuis, Wally Dallenbach

heliocastroneves#3
9th February 2012, 10:56
Paul Page has to come back! And for NBC I totally agree with 00steven!

FIAT1
9th February 2012, 15:29
I love Paul Page ,Jon Beekhuis,Parker Johnstone and Rick Benjamin because they have great ability to create exciting story, and the way they deliver it , makes me forget obout long boring yellow's. Bob Jenkins and Scott Goodyear are nice guys ,but they put me to sleep.

garyshell
9th February 2012, 16:02
Just say NO, to Scott Goodyear.

Gary

heliocastroneves#3
9th February 2012, 17:39
How many races are going to be seen on NBC Sports and ABC? Is it going to be 50/50 or is NBC going to do the most races, like Versus did in the last three years? (I know NBC Sports is the same as Versus anyway)

00steven
9th February 2012, 21:59
How many races are going to be seen on NBC Sports and ABC? Is it going to be 50/50 or is NBC going to do the most races, like Versus did in the last three years? (I know NBC Sports is the same as Versus anyway)

ABC will have 5 events including the Indianapolis 500, while NBC Sports Network will have the remaining 10-12 races depending on if there are any more events to be announced.

Terry Labonte
9th February 2012, 23:04
For ESPN: Jack Arute and Vitor Meira.

For NBC Sports Network: Rick DeBruhl and Michael Waltrip (he attended an IndyCar race once).

monadvspec
9th February 2012, 23:07
Derek Daly, Mark Blundell and the guy (American) that called Champ Car for Eurovision.

Will Rogers
10th February 2012, 09:58
Please, not Derek Daley--after his performance during Champ Car broadcasts, he doesn't deserve more time at the microphone. Jon Beekhuis is a must---he explains what's happened better and more concisely than anyone.

Bring back Rick Benjamin---he had a great voice and knew how to call a race with skill and enthusiasm.

Dr. Krogshöj
10th February 2012, 10:44
NBC Sports: I like Jon Beekhuis and Wally Dallenbach but I think Bob Jenkins is past his sell date. I'd rather see Bob Varsha as the play-by-play. The host and the pit crew is okay, and Miller was a great addition.

ABC: I'm not particularly fond of Marty Reid or Scott Goodyear but I don't think they're terrible either. How about Paul Page, Eddie Cheever and Parker Johnstone? I'd like to see and hear more of Jamie Little too.

P.S. the best scenario would be one where I don't have to listen to American commentators in the torrrent file because there was a TV broadcast in my country or at least IndyCar brought back the official stream. I can understand the lack of streaming in countries where there is a TV deal in place but as for the rest of the world, it's sheer idiocy.

DBell
10th February 2012, 14:24
Derek Daly, Mark Blundell and the guy (American) that called Champ Car for Eurovision.

Wasn't Hinch the guy your talking about? I thought he did international commentating for Champ Car.

DanicaFan
10th February 2012, 15:09
I would like to see Davey Hamilton calling the races.

SoCalPVguy
10th February 2012, 15:35
Does Indycar even have any broadcasts at all ? Oh wait- they are on channel 1256. Broadcasters ? We don't need no stinkin' broadcasters, heck at 0.3 ratings every viewer could be 'broadcaster of the week'.

garyshell
10th February 2012, 16:57
Just say NO to Eddie Cheever. He's a pompus A$$.

Gary

00steven
14th February 2012, 07:53
Lindy Thackston is out and Townsend Bell is in at NBC Sports.

garyshell
14th February 2012, 15:38
Congrats to Townsend, but I wish it had been Tommy Kendall.

Gary

DanicaFan
14th February 2012, 16:15
Lindy Thackston is out and Townsend Bell is in at NBC Sports.

Good move!

heliocastroneves#3
14th February 2012, 16:39
Good move!

+1!

FIAT1
14th February 2012, 17:55
I never heard TB speak , I hope he brings energy in the pit reporting and some storylines.

Marbles
15th February 2012, 14:10
I always liked Ben Edwards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_on8klocw&list=PLA93B71412A4100CF&index=1&feature=plpp_video
I think he did the ESPN international feed.

Paul "Woh!" Page would also be welcomed back as play anchor. Sometimes it's what he didn't say that I appreciated.

Kendall, Dallenbach and Beekhuis; take your pick, I like them all.

I think it was indeed Hinchcliffe who did the Champcar feed with Ben Edwards former partner Jeremy Shaw, who I also like. Play by play from the cockpit?