PDA

View Full Version : A-tech

tin-top fan
24th March 2007, 18:24
I just found some good info and interviews with A-tech on the bbc northampton website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshire/content/articles/2007/03/14/launch_of_btcc_at_rockingham_feature.shtml

How well does everyone expect A-tech to do this season? I'm really not sure what to expect tbh. I'd like them to do pretty well, but a new team, with new drivers and a new car is always gonna struggle I expect.....

VkmSpouge
24th March 2007, 20:09
Well they got the cars late so I don't expect much from the team early on in the season. However the Alfa Romeo 156 is a good car and I reckon Dave Pinkney should be able to do well with the machine. Richard Marsh is a big question mark as he has never driven a decent car. If he's close to Pinkney's pace then he'll have had a good season.

MBailey06
24th March 2007, 22:32
I reckon if tyhe can get the cars sorted then I reckon Dave Pinkney could get a couple of podiums this season. I think he and Eoin Murray will be interesting to compare in the same car as their talents are fairly similar in my opinion.

Les
25th March 2007, 11:56
I would be great to see Dave up the front and even better on the podium - been a while. Hopefully Richard will have a great time as well though I don't feel he is as good as Dave but he has enthusiasm and that goes a long way with me.
Having seen Yvan as miserable as sin with a 2nd place and the likes of Dave and Richard as pleased as punch with a really good finish I know what I prefer to see.

vectra5
26th March 2007, 20:20
I share your sentiments Les. The fact that the cars have been delivered SO late has meant that Julian and team must have been flat out both last week and this, just prepping the cars for the BTCC and becoming familiar with them prior to Brands!
I should think Brands is going to be a steep learning curve for the team and the drivers – new team all learning whose who etc and for the drivers getting to grips with the hardware!
I wish them well and will cart there progress with interest this year! I have a feeling they will be on the pace sooner rather than later.