PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 2012 championship?

00steven
7th February 2012, 05:34
The title is pretty self explanatory...

My top 5 in points

5. Ryan Hunter-Reay
4. James Hinchcliffe
3. Scott Dixon
2. Dario Franchitti
1. Will Power

Indy: Marco Andretti

It might be a little early, but we need something to talk about!

Dr. Krogshöj
7th February 2012, 06:51
Will Power will win the championship. His form in past to years, the abundance of road & street circuits and the promising Chevy engine all point to this.

00steven
7th February 2012, 07:29
Will Power will win the championship. His form in past to years, the abundance of road & street circuits and the promising Chevy engine all point to this.

Agree with every word you said.

F1boat
7th February 2012, 08:58
Power, with only four ovals, he will have an advantage over Dario. If Barrichello participates, he may surprise. The level of the drivers in F1 is insanely high.

heliocastroneves#3
7th February 2012, 11:15
My top 5 in points:

1. Scott Dixon
2. Will Power
3. Dario Franchitti
4. James Hinchcliffe
5. Hélio Castroneves

Indy 500 winner: Marco Andretti

Explaination: Dixon has showed he can be very impressive on the road courses, but this all might end up way different as there's a completely new car. I expect from Franchitti to be consistent and to drive a good year, but I don't see him winning the title again. His most wins will follow on the ovals I think. We have 4 ovals on the schedule so far, but Fort Lauderdale hasn't been confirmed, and Milwaukee might be oval race #5 on the schedule.... But once again, maybe Power isn't that dominant anymore on the road courses so it might all go completely different. Also I expect good results from Seabass.

FIAT1
7th February 2012, 13:54
Power is best racer in Indycar , it's up to him not to .... it up.

Stuartf12007
7th February 2012, 17:45
Rubens Barichello

heliocastroneves#3
7th February 2012, 18:24
Power is only the best on road courses, but not always... And the less ovals, the more difficult they will be for him. It's gonna be interesting this year.

Nikki Katz
7th February 2012, 23:06
Dixon did seem to be getting better as the season went on, I certainly wouldn't rule him out this year. I imagine the top 3 will be the same 3 as last year. I'm going for Power for the win.

00steven
8th February 2012, 01:05
Lets also remember that chevy appears to have the strongest engine thus far.

anthonyvop
8th February 2012, 02:58
Somebody driving for Roger Penske or Chip Ganassi.

Given their are using a new Chassis and Engine package this year I expect even more dominance by them.