PDA

View Full Version : Denver

call_me_andrew
19th December 2011, 04:50
Why didn't that race ever come back?

SarahFan
19th December 2011, 05:14
Because it was a Champcar race and Indycool Jim Wilke and defender didn't want it too

nigelred5
19th December 2011, 14:00
Money. NASCAR really wanting a track east of Denver. Conflicts with other events. money. Champcar dying. IT was an Ok event, but I"ll jump on the side of the oval fans on this one. I'd rather see a way to get back to the Pikes Peak oval track.

"ve resolved myself to the fact that Indycars are simply going to be yet another niche racins series for the next few years. If it rebounds, great. If it stays niche on cable tv or streaming video, I'm cool with it. We'll just be back to the 70's trying to follow the sport like folks seem to want.

FIAT1
19th December 2011, 14:15
Denver would be good market and I have hope for Road America and Milwaukee. Rent a track? Why not, for couple of years with a right promotion and free tickets for anyone under 15 on Saturday would be great intruduction for new kids to learn obout Indycar. Investment in track rental with proper group would do many good things for the future , and most important some stability to schedule. They should understand that takes more than one race to make a profit after years of damage done. I'm still puzzled that Chicago- Milwaukee market does not have a race. This is a rant I guess...

anthonyvop
19th December 2011, 16:05
Rent a track? Why not, for couple of years with a right promotion and free tickets for anyone under 15 on Saturday would be great intruduction for new kids to learn obout Indycar.

Great idea...Just write a check

FIAT1
19th December 2011, 16:46
Great idea...Just write a check

Bravo!

nigelred5
20th December 2011, 02:01
Folks act like its a simple matter of showing up at the front door of the track office with a check and a race just happens. There's a lot of FM involved if it's that easy.