PDA

View Full Version : Sahara Force India confirms Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg for 2012

anthonyvop
16th December 2011, 19:58
Sutil needs to look for another ride
Formula1 (http://www.oversteertv.net/Formula1.html)

driveace
16th December 2011, 21:51
Well I feel that Paul deserves the seat at Force India,and wish him well.I also have Pauls race suit from Malaysia this year at my home.

N. Jones
17th December 2011, 00:06
Nice!

I am hoping Hulkenberg can show some of that promise from 2009.

ioan
18th December 2011, 15:44
What? No poor Sutil posts?!
Judging by the uproar against RedBull in the Buemi & Alguersuari thread, I was expecting to see some support for Sutil, who proved to be a worthy F1 driver unlike the two aforementioned ones.

Nikki Katz
18th December 2011, 19:09
Well we all knew this was coming, and as much as I believe that Hulkenberg does deserve a proper F1 chance, I'm still against this. Unless this is still the stabgate fallout (which seems to have gone quiet now) then I simply don't understand them randomly firing their most successful ever driver.

jens
18th December 2011, 19:17
Judging by the uproar against RedBull in the Buemi & Alguersuari thread, I was expecting to see some support for Sutil, who proved to be a worthy F1 driver unlike the two aforementioned ones.

True that. Basically Sutil and Alguersuari are similar cases. Despite having had a good season by their standards, the reality is that their respective teams viewed them only as a third best choice. Even if you are a good driver, being only 3rd on the list isn't enough for keeping a drive, as Räikkönen also found out in late '09, when Alonso and Massa were preferred over him.

Surely it was an uncomfortable decision for Force India, but probably they felt that they don't want to miss out on a potential big talent if they let either di Resta or Hülkenberg go. In any case, looking forward to the battle of di Resta and Hulk in a hopefully competitive car.

Only future can shed a light on those decisions, whether all those returnees and newcomers (Grosjean, Hülkenberg, Vergne, Ricciardo) indeed were those big talents that the teams were looking for. But at least this means the midfield of 2012 is going to be very exciting, where all those drivers with very high expectations are going to battle it out!

Malbec
18th December 2011, 21:50

It was known for months that Sutil was on the way out and he has had plenty of warning to go look for another drive.

While I too have been impressed by his performance this season his pace over the preceding few seasons hasn't been outstanding and a cynic would say he only raised his game once his drive was threatened.

Also your dig at the uproar against Red Bull is misplaced. I think criticism of the way in which that programme is run is justified given its huge expense and the rather poor management of drivers once they are in F1 together with the huge waste to Red Bull of simply discarding the drivers rather than using them in Red Bull teams in other motorsports.

F1boat
19th December 2011, 07:24
IMO a good choice. Paul and Nico are very promising drivers, Sutil IMO is at best a potential Fisichella.

I am evil Homer
19th December 2011, 09:58
I disagree Sutil is as good as DiResta (who gets a pass for now due to having a solid rookie season) but easily better than Hulkenberg. Seems like a pointless change for the sake of change.

Dave B
19th December 2011, 12:35
I predict that Sutil will end up at Williams, and Barrichello will end up on the bench somewhere as a consultant.

wedge
20th December 2011, 12:35

Because Sutil wasn't in a hefty development program and has been in F1 for longer.

Robinho
21st December 2011, 12:57
Sutil to Williams, Petrov to Caterham, Alguesari to HRT, bye to Trulli, Barrichello and Liuzzi, you saw it here first (or rather this is the first time you have seen the collective rumours all stated in one place by me!)

IceWizard
21st December 2011, 19:44
Glad that Hulkenburg got the drive as I think he will be a better driver that Sutil. Having said that I feel that Sutil is more worthy of F1 than some others who have drives for next season. Would like him to pick up a drive somewhere but there aren't too many options left.

call_me_andrew
23rd December 2011, 06:43
Well deserved for Hulkenberg.

Garry Walker
3rd January 2012, 09:02
Stupid decision. The Slasher and Di Resta would have been the correct pairing.

Nice!

I am hoping Hulkenberg can show some of that promise from 2009.
And get clearly beaten by his teammate again? I hope so too.

IMO a good choice. Paul and Nico are very promising drivers, Sutil IMO is at best a potential Fisichella.
Paul - yes. Nico - no.

Glad that Hulkenburg got the drive as I think he will be a better driver that Sutil. Having said that I feel that Sutil is more worthy of F1 than some others who have drives for next season. Would like him to pick up a drive somewhere but there aren't too many options left.

Better than Sutil? Based on what? One lucky pole position? How quickly people forget that Barrichello destroyed him so bad throughout the year, whereas he was not able to do that to Maldonado.

race_director
20th January 2012, 05:58
off topic but important one

according to media reports in INDIA . the owner of force india. vijay mallaya . is in a big financial mess. his airline business is in a debt trap. there were reports that he was planning to sell the f1 team . lets see if FORCE India survives this year

wedge
20th January 2012, 14:40
Stupid decision. The Slasher and Di Resta would have been the correct pairing.

And get clearly beaten by his teammate again? I hope so too.

Paul - yes. Nico - no.

Better than Sutil? Based on what? One lucky pole position? How quickly people forget that Barrichello destroyed him so bad throughout the year, whereas he was not able to do that to Maldonado.

Button was soundly by his team mates when he entered F1 and look how his career turned out.