PDA

View Full Version : Neal testing at Brands pic

Dickie L'Amour
23rd March 2007, 14:53
I see Mr Neal has also been out at Brands this morning in the Civic. Car looks mega! btcc.net.

Northern Monkey
23rd March 2007, 15:53
All thanks to PDS!!

And some more shots from our resident snapper on Crash.net too. Lets just hope that any teething problems they have with the car can now be sorted quickly.

PDS
23rd March 2007, 16:07
All thanks to PDS!!

As usual, glad to deliver. The pictures of Rick Kerry's 'Stealth Racer' are mine as well!

Iain
23rd March 2007, 18:07
I see there's a big Honda logo on the roof of the Civic that you can just make out from this photo on btcc.net

http://btcc.net/images/gallery/lg_2783_eeb3.jpg

tin-top fan
23rd March 2007, 18:18
You can really the logo in this pic. It definitely shows us that Honda has involvement in the car.
It's also interesting that I read the other day that Matt Jackson was getting help from BMW for the first three meetings, in the same way that WSR are. So i suppose WSR couldn't be excluded from the independents championship without kicking out Jackson Motorsport as well.

http://www.stillphotography.co.uk/gallery/albums/album96/civicfront01w.jpg

Hands up to Peter Still photos for the pic :)

Allyc85
23rd March 2007, 18:23
the car looks much better now its out on the circuit, though the wheels look absaloutly tiny lol

Iain
23rd March 2007, 18:25
The BMW teams are getting that sort of help because it comes as part of the package when buying the car. It's technical support as opposed to financial support. Different from the Dynamics situation.

I am not a fan of that car. I like the roadgoing Type R in 3 door form, but the 5 door painted in orange isn't very nice to look at. :s

VkmSpouge
23rd March 2007, 18:38
I just realised, the Civic looks like a shoe! It's a good looking car but still one bearing a distinct resemblance to footwear. Team Dynamics have worked hard to get that one ready, I hope Gordon Shedden's will be done soon too.

tin-top fan
23rd March 2007, 18:56
I've also just found this press release on the Honda racing website http://www.honda-racing.co.uk/fourwheels/touringcar/article.asp?a=3453 . In it Neal Snr thanks honda for their technical imput- so it looks like Honda are already receiving marketing benefits of the team halfords campaign.

Dickie L'Amour
23rd March 2007, 19:39
[quote="tin-top fan"]It's also interesting that I read the other day that Matt Jackson was getting help from BMW for the first three meetings, in the same way that WSR are. So i suppose WSR couldn't be excluded from the independents championship without kicking out Jackson Motorsport as well.
QUOTE]
Alan Gow said on his forum a bit back that the help WSR are getting from BMW is paid for and available to all customers buying their cars. In other words, it's not something exclusive that BMW isn't prepared to make available to other teams with Beemers.

Ian McC
23rd March 2007, 21:09
Good to see it on the track, they probably still have a lot of work to do in the next week or so.

Neil Adams
23rd March 2007, 21:12
some more pics of the civic at brands on my site soon,

car looked great to me, timed a lap (roughly) around the 49 second mark, this was damp track with dry line,

reviewing my pics shedden drove the car as well today

touringlegend
23rd March 2007, 21:33
A 49 second lap was nearly pole position last year, if the time is right that looks promising for Team Halfords.

The new black flashes down the side of the Civic remind of the Accords of old.

Iain
23rd March 2007, 21:42
I guess we'll find out come qualifying in 8 days' time when nobody will be sandbagging.

I do hope they have a big supply of those glass sections between the headlights. :s

BeansBeansBeans
23rd March 2007, 22:12
I do hope they have a big supply of those glass sections between the headlights. :s

Excellent point! I can see them having to change it at the end of every race.

kmchow
23rd March 2007, 22:25
A 49 second lap was nearly pole position last year, if the time is right that looks promising for Team Halfords.
That is quite impressive considering the Civic is all new. So TD is not totally a lame duck like critics were saying earlier. So the other teams must be totally sandbagging or have really developed lightyears over the offseason.

Jamie Brown
23rd March 2007, 23:31
i dotn really like that new civic

bt52b
24th March 2007, 01:48
Neal Snr thanks honda for their technical imput- so it looks like Honda are already receiving marketing benefits of the team halfords campaign.

Hope they are a bit sharper the Honda F1 brigade...

100%hondafan
24th March 2007, 12:16
that is fairly impressive if they are doing 49s straight away.

i might be eating my words come brands :P

mattie007
24th March 2007, 21:09
I don't like it, it just doesn't look like a touring car.
And the bodykit looks like the basic roadgoing type-r, theres nothing special about it.
It does look like a 3 door though because of the hidden rear door handle.

CroftPilgrim
26th March 2007, 16:18
[quote="mattie007"]And the bodykit looks like the basic roadgoing type-r, theres nothing special about it.
QUOTE]

Isn't that the point of S2000? The regs, as far as I am aware, will not permit the bodykit to be all that different, hence the discussions about the "sticky out bits" on the Vectra bumper elsewhere on this forum.

I also made a point on another thread about the fact the TD have had a lot of support from Honda with the Civic (more than they did with the Integra) so much so that they cannot be an independant entry. It is not all that surprising that they have set a competitive time. As I have said before, we write them off at our peril.....

cookingfat
26th March 2007, 22:09
I see there's a big Honda logo on the roof of the Civic that you can just make out from this photo on btcc.net

http://btcc.net/images/gallery/lg_2783_eeb3.jpg

Have you noticed that Simoniz and Castrol logos are no longer on the car?
And Tom-Tom have been replaced by Garmin!

LiamM
26th March 2007, 23:05
Wasnt Castrol brought by association with Mr Howell tho?

cookingfat
26th March 2007, 23:17
If it was, it didn't go to Motorbase with him!

LiamM
26th March 2007, 23:42
I always assumed it was, as his Integra was Castrol liveried, rather than Halfords

Nick The Flick
29th March 2007, 15:47
As far as I know, Castrol have pumped a lot of money into becoming a main sponsor of the Euro 2008 championship. That could be a reason for them not backing anyone in BTCC this year.

100%hondafan
29th March 2007, 16:16
euro 2008??

Brown, Jon Brow
29th March 2007, 16:51
I think that the front doesn't have enough air-intake, especially with the glass section on the nose.

Maybe it should look more like this ;)

(sorry PDS for vandalising your image) :rolleyes:

Brown, Jon Brow
29th March 2007, 16:54
I think that the front doesn't have enough air-intake, especially with the glass section on the nose.

Maybe it should look more like this ;)

http://usera.imagecave.com/jon-brown/screenshot/civicedit.jpg

(sorry PDS for vandalising your image) :rolleyes:

LiamM
29th March 2007, 20:07
Look at the Leon, the air intake is about the same size as on the Civic

MBailey06
29th March 2007, 20:19
I'd prefer the look of the Civic if it had that size air intake instead.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th March 2007, 21:18
I think the new civic looks very mean with it's new front bumber.

http://usera.imagecave.com/jon-brown/screenshot/01newcivic.jpg

Dave B
30th March 2007, 22:36
Sadly the Civic will always be an ugly car, no matter how much Dynamics work on it :(

Neil Adams
2nd April 2007, 12:16
guess my rough lap timing about a week ago wasnt so rough after all! well done team halfords!

100%hondafan
2nd April 2007, 12:46
ok ill eat my words :P well done Team Dynamics!