PDA

View Full Version : Now that the IndyCar oval race is over in Las Vegas.

mike15
10th December 2011, 17:03
Will they bring back the Las Vegas race in the streets of old downtown?
I understand that there has been renewed interest and discussions in creating a street race in Vegas.

SarahFan
10th December 2011, 17:25
Announcent Will come any day!!!

heliocastroneves#3
10th December 2011, 18:10
I won't be against it, but don't hold the season finale there. I would like it if the streets of Las Vegas would be the penultimate race anyway. In my opinion the finale should be on an oval.

Nikki Katz
11th December 2011, 00:43
I don't have a problem with the finale being a street circuit. The calendar's short enough as it is, I don't see why they should turn away such a lucrative market.

It was the right decision to cancel the oval race until they can come up with a safe solution though. Races like the last one, even ignoring the horrible tragedy of the situation, don't help anyone's finances or pr.

SarahFan
11th December 2011, 01:55
Vegas? Lucrative? For AOWR?

Hasn't been the case

Anubis
11th December 2011, 16:18
I can see the appeal of a Vegas street race as a show piece, but given the demand for other events there, I'd have thought it puts a race promoter in a very difficult position negotiation wise? It's not as if Vegas NEEDS the race to attract people, and any race will be vying with all the other events and attractions for business, so the city is always going to have the upper hand.

00steven
12th December 2011, 05:12
I would like a LV street race. But what the real focus should be on is getting a date at Phoenix.

mike15
12th December 2011, 18:01
With a few tweaks the old downtown Las Vegas layout can be pretty good. As far as ovals go I would much rather see the MIS 500 return to the schedule plus another 500 mile race. Detroit, Toronto, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio and MIS is the classic schedule.

call_me_andrew
16th December 2011, 03:11
I think we're more likely to see a return to LVMS on the roval.

numanoid
16th December 2011, 19:37
I can see the appeal of a Vegas street race as a show piece, but given the demand for other events there, I'd have thought it puts a race promoter in a very difficult position negotiation wise? It's not as if Vegas NEEDS the race to attract people, and any race will be vying with all the other events and attractions for business, so the city is always going to have the upper hand.

Oddly enough Vegas is hurting for money right now. The economic situation has hit them very hard.