PDA

View Full Version : Diesel BMW on track!

Dickie L'Amour
23rd March 2007, 13:59
Go Rick Kerry! Rick's car has been snapped for the first time on track on btcc.net. This is excellent to see after all the hard work that's gone into this. Well done Rick and co. and all the best for the season!

PDS
23rd March 2007, 16:10
Ricks name for his car is accurate... 'The Stealth Racer'

It is unbelievably quite!

cpearson
23rd March 2007, 17:17
that is one awesome looking machine tho, I'd like to see more of these.

will certainly be the talk of the early rounds I suspect. Just hope they don't have many teething issues.

great pics again!

Iain
23rd March 2007, 18:09
Having heard how quiet my diesel roadcar goes at 70 on a motorway, I can well believe the Stealth Racer tag. :cool: I'm very interested in how this project will go.

Allyc85
23rd March 2007, 18:25
The car is looking fantastic, I cant wait to see how it goes :)

VkmSpouge
23rd March 2007, 18:35
Well done to Rick and his team for their superb efforts in getting that car ready and tested in time for Brands Hatch. I do hope they're rewarded with a good season.

cookingfat
26th March 2007, 17:03
Just a request to all you fans that are taking the trip to Brands Hatch for the first round!

Team AFM Racing needs your support!

He said early on that it would be a miracle that they would make it to Brands, but it looks that against a lot of obstacles the BMW 120 will line-up on the grid for the first round!

Rick and his team have taken on a project that many teams, a lot bigger than Team AFM Racing, ignored. He will be there to entertain you, if you get a chance during the Pit-walk, go and voice your support, I know he will be delighted to see you!

EVOBOY
26th March 2007, 17:12
It is a mean looking thing! Anyone know what the power & torque figures are? Should be very competitive if it rains ;)

Allyc85
26th March 2007, 18:21
i saw on an advert for one of these 1 series kits that it has around 245bhp, which is down on s2000 and btc spec cars. I wonder if thats why they dont have a rear wing, as they wouldnt want the drag?

Funks
26th March 2007, 18:30
They've got my support. Go soot power.

PDS
26th March 2007, 18:37
i saw on an advert for one of these 1 series kits that it has around 245bhp, which is down on s2000 and btc spec cars. I wonder if thats why they dont have a rear wing, as they wouldnt want the drag?

By Saturday it should be pushing out 265bhp!

There is currently no S2000 spec wing homologated for it yet!

Alfabeta2
26th March 2007, 19:08

the integras and possibly the new civic( dependening on what the s2000 engine type r engine is like) were up to 300bhp! so kerry will unfortunately be a little of the pace!

best of luck to them though!!!

VkmSpouge
26th March 2007, 19:22

That's 5bhp more than the SEATs according to the WTCC website.

PDS
26th March 2007, 19:54
the integras and possibly the new civic( dependening on what the s2000 engine type r engine is like) were up to 300bhp!

300bhp from a S2000 engine will be hard to believe!

According to the WTCC site...

Seat have 260bhp
Chevy have 270bhp
BMW have 275bhp...

Radders
26th March 2007, 20:05
BMW rated their 6 cylinder engine at 290 - rated; read - admitted.....

I'm suprised by the power that thing seems to be chucking out if that's accurate. As with all diesel engines, power is only half the story, the torque will be the more interesting figure. I can't see if being far off in a straight line and it's a shame the likes of Mondello fell of the calendar for them as that would have been a good circuit for a torquey engine. Have to watch those rear tyres mind...

Best of luck to Rick and congratulations on being the first team to undertake a diesel S2000 BTCC project - wait to see the results with development with interest. Watch Sooty go!

Alfabeta2
28th March 2007, 00:06
a completely standard UK type R engine pushes 200bhp and a Japenese spec type R engine pushes 220bhp so an extra 80bhp with £20-30k spend on it doesnt seem too unrealistic, although the touring cars are required to run with an 30mm air restricter plate so maybe difficult.

the BTCC neil brown engines were supposidly pushing 300bhp, whats the difference in spec between engines? compresion ratio is one?

racerm5
28th March 2007, 10:11
Hi all
Just an update we tested at snetterton yesterday and after a difficult day sorted out loads of problems,spun and ripped of the bumper and in the end got a few confidence laps in.The trouble we have had is time but we will be at brands but know we will be off the pace so brands is mainly about track time and making improvements during the weekend.
The car will only be at 240 bhp but will be up to 260/265 bhp for rockingham but the upgrade cant be sent out till next week.
Id like to thank everyone for their support and good luck messages,it has helped us to get through this.
Id also like to thank all the team who have built a race car in 6 weeks around full time jobs.
I just dont want people to expect too much too early but the car has so much potential and so much scope for development.If we had had more time to test it might have been different but we will be there for brands.

Thanks again to everyone who have helped and to everyone on here for their support.

see you all at Brands

Rick Kerry

Rusty
28th March 2007, 10:52
Well done Rick and team, what you have acheived is nye on miracle status and have proved that it can be done.... Was really nice to chat to you at Rockingham and hope to pop and say hello at brands sunday good luck for the season cant wait to see the car on track

Regards Rusty

Marc W
28th March 2007, 11:31
Best of luck Rick. Hope to see you at Brands.

Robinho
28th March 2007, 13:32
keep up the good work, best of luck and we all will be eargerly watching and hoping for your improvements

MattSmith
28th March 2007, 13:42
Good luck to Rick for the coming season. Just getting the car on the track will mean you and the guys deserve massive respect.

I know in the past that some of the more unusual super 2000 cars weren't at the base weight. Is the 120 close to it?

Brown, Jon Brow
28th March 2007, 13:49
Out of interest, does anyone know how much bhp the Speed Equipe Lexii had??

240bhp from a diesel is not bad :\ How does your torque compare with other cars?

BDunnell
28th March 2007, 14:09
No matter how competitive the car turns out to be, I think that building and racing it is a massive achievement. Hope it goes well.